What's new

Tow Rig / DD / Plow Rig Tires

Anyone tried M-55’s? My cheap Walmart Linglongs have survived 3 years without much issue but figure I can step up in quality

Yep, they were great tires. No issues with wandering, towed lots, they did start to chunk a bit from the blast rock roads.
01 f350 7.3, ran the biggest size in a 16" wheel. I should mention that I don't have any sway bars, just bags with 10lbs in them if not towing or hauling heavy.
However it was like a light switch when they went from excellent traction to crap.

I replaced them, and now...
I have 35,000km on a set of hankook dynapro mt on the same truck, with a flatdeck on it now. They are down the about 40%, so I've Been looking for a new set, while I can get some $$ back out of these ones, but they are damn near unobtainable these days...actually, any tire in the 315 r 16 range is hard ti get now.

Installed. Ride really good and quiet. No rubbing on 2" lift. Stock wheels.

20211019_160936.jpg
20211019_161236.jpg
Had to run out my unplowed driveway this morning. 12+". These gave zero fawks. Very happy with them.

Anyone have any experience with ironman tires? All the reviews I've seen online have been good but no long term reviews from what I've seen.
Screenshot_20220205-113947_eBay.jpg

Anyone have any experience with ironman tires? All the reviews I've seen online have been good but no long term reviews from what I've seen.
Guy a worked with got a set on his 2500 Chevy. He's got about 12k on them, he said they are wearing well, rotated every 5k, he said noise is bit louder than the older ATs he had, old Firestones.

He said they did good in the snow we just had. He's pretty happy overall.

Just pulled the trigger on 5 Maxxis Bravo HT-770s in 235/85R16 flavor. They'll be holding up my 350. Paid $170 per tire. First real tow will be memorial day weekend.

Screenshot_20220205-113947_eBay.jpg

For that price, I'd just give them a shot. If they last over 30k miles, you're in the money over name brand tires lasting 60k but double the price. I'd bet they last just as long.

You're the first of about a dozen people I've talked to who said that m55s didn't wander like flat swampers.

I have zero issues with them on Chevys with proper alignment.

Dodge dually on the other hand was shit for a few thousand until they broke in. That truck weighed in about 12k on a normal day. Back tires would try and wander back and forth in the semi ruts on the road.
They did last 70000 miles on a loaded dually that pulled quite often, so it kept getting them. Tried a set of general a/t and they were gone in 30k on that truck with slightly less wandering when new.

I have zero issues with them on Chevys with proper alignment.

Dodge dually on the other hand was shit for a few thousand until they broke in. That truck weighed in about 12k on a normal day. Back tires would try and wander back and forth in the semi ruts on the road.
They did last 70000 miles on a loaded dually that pulled quite often, so it kept getting them. Tried a set of general a/t and they were gone in 30k on that truck with slightly less wandering when new.

I think I put at least 5k miles on them hoping for improvement. My truck isn't the tightest handling, but it was night and day from the previous tires, a set of 35 Toyo mt's and the bfg ko2s that I replaced them with.

They do have their place, but not for me :laughing:

just now seeing this.

I have these on my '15 Ram CCSB Cummins, size is LT275 /70 R18 125Q E1 SBL.. They do ok but seem to pick up a lot of rocks and pitch them. can't really say how well they wear but average I guess. I can't remember how many miles on them now but they are about 1/2 tread. I think around 30k on them. Had one replaced under warranty when the wife ran over something big passing a construction site.. I tow about 20-22k gross occasionally and it seems to do ok. wet and dry traction is satisfactory and they track straight on the highway. I stay out of the mud with them but have pulled into a buddy's wet lake property with my camper and didn't get stuck. For the money I would buy them again. They are $256 at Discount Tire locally.

update on these.. was looking at the truck last night and the rears are getting kinda thin. I'll rotate them again but need to be thinking about new rubber in the next 6-8 months.. I have been working that truck pretty hard this year pulling heavy trailers, dump trailer hauling gravel and stuff and it's showing in the rear tires. Honestly these tires have done everything I have asked of them so I may stick with them.

update on these.. was looking at the truck last night and the rears are getting kinda thin. I'll rotate them again but need to be thinking about new rubber in the next 6-8 months.. I have been working that truck pretty hard this year pulling heavy trailers, dump trailer hauling gravel and stuff and it's showing in the rear tires. Honestly these tires have done everything I have asked of them so I may stick with them.

What are "these" :flipoff2:

I just got a set of Falken wildpeak at3w on the Duramax.

Dry and mud traction is miles ahead of the Hankook ATM2. I don't need 4wd to climb dry dirt driveways anymore! :lmao:

If the snow and ice traction holds up and they last at least 40k I'll keep with them. Only put 30k on last year, so it would be nice of they made it 2 years.

I'm in the market for tires for the wife's F150. 275/70r18 or maybe 285/70r18. I keep thinking that Ko2's are the perfect tire for it, then I look at price :laughing:

I ended up with Goodyear Ultraterrians. I've been happy so far. Towed the enclosed snowmobile trailer well all winter on hard pack snow and through 8-12" of fresh. I've been happy so far with performance on dirt too. Only mud was at the end of winter and again, didn't have problems but didn't get too wild. They have been fine towing the crawler this summer. Much happier compared to the Toyo AT2's that were on the previous tow rig. Can't say much compared to the duratrak that came on current 350 as they were basically done.

What are "these" :flipoff2:

I just got a set of Falken wildpeak at3w on the Duramax.

Dry and mud traction is miles ahead of the Hankook ATM2. I don't need 4wd to climb dry dirt driveways anymore! :lmao:

If the snow and ice traction holds up and they last at least 40k I'll keep with them. Only put 30k on last year, so it would be nice of they made it 2 years.
Sorry, Goodyear Ultraterrains. Sold at Discount Tire here in KC. I think they are a DT exclusive?

I'm in the market for tires for the wife's F150. 275/70r18 or maybe 285/70r18. I keep thinking that Ko2's are the perfect tire for it, then I look at price :laughing:
this.

I was thinking about going back to KO2's that was on the truck when I bought it from a buddy. til I looked at the price. lol

Have about 2 years and 8-10k miles on the General Tire Grabber A/TX tires on our 2002 F350 SRW.
Good traction on the road, in snow, dirt, etc.
Quiet on the road, no issues even with 14k behind the truck.

Aaron Z

I just ordered some nitto terra grapplers. Apparently they are being discontinued.

I can't wait to get rid of these cooper discoverer at. I got them free almost new and hated them since day one

A new set came on my truck when I bought it, and I was pretty happy with them. They performed about the same as the bf at tires but I got way more life

I buy a set from the junkyard about once a month. $300-350 out the door.

F150s are super common in late model yards.

I just ordered some nitto terra grapplers. Apparently they are being discontinued.

I can't wait to get rid of these cooper discoverer at. I got them free almost new and hated them since day one
Brother had them on a Tacoma. Hated them. They’re probably being discontinued for a reason other than they don’t sell.

It's weird how many people rate the Cooper AT3. I know your North American snow is drier and fluffier than the wet/heavy stuff I get. But the two people I know with Cooper AT3 have to put on chains when no-one else does.

One trip we stopped at a gate and decided to put snow chains on now because it's almost flat and easy. Guy behind us with coopers stops and starts sliding back down the hill! They're a hard rubber that wears well but turns slippery in the cold.

I'm running duratracs, other guys running the old school Dueller 604V and Chinese Yusta Conqueror had no problems at all: SEARS - Me entiende

I have been happy so far with the new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. I only have around 5K miles on them, but they are quiet, smooth riding, and night and day difference compared to my old Nitto Ridgegrapplers on wet pavement. We will see how they do this winter in the snow, don't think I will be disappointed.

Whats the verdict on 35-37" e rated tires on a 2500 Diesel. Ive been chewing up Toyo Mts in about 30 K or so. Looking at the Falken AT3s currently.
Ive run the Nitto Rige Graps (suck) and the Exo Graps (suck) and 2 set of the Toyo MTs (better)

Whats the verdict on 35-37" e rated tires on a 2500 Diesel. Ive been chewing up Toyo Mts in about 30 K or so. Looking at the Falken AT3s currently.
Ive run the Nitto Rige Graps (suck) and the Exo Graps (suck) and 2 set of the Toyo MTs (better)

Have you ran the F rated toyos? My buddy went through about every 35" tire and ended up with F rated 35 toyo mt's. He liked them initially, I'll have to ask how they're wearing.

The e rating doesn't mean shit to me if they max out at 65 psi.

Current truck had the new Recon Grapplers on it already in 35x11.5x20
No real complaints so far. Quiet and smooth. Did have to grab 4HI to back up under the trailer at KOH in the rock/sand mix.

Have you ran the F rated toyos? My buddy went through about every 35" tire and ended up with F rated 35 toyo mt's. He liked them initially, I'll have to ask how they're wearing.

The e rating doesn't mean shit to me if they max out at 65 psi.
I should have specified for a 17” wheel. I got rid of the 20s for the AEV Katla in a 17.

Top Back Refresh