What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

They have been touting the regular bronco flares are easily removeable, I guess I assumed these were also, since they look like a total add on.

Still look better than stock jk Tupperware :flipoff2:

Went to a dealer today, had a 2 door V6 hard top with Sasquash package and a couple of other doodads. Sticker was 47k with no dealer markup. Looks like taking the top off will be a bit of a chore. No salesman came up so after almost a half hour I left with the hood up, both doors open along with the back door and hatch.
Good to know you're an asshole in person as well as on the www.

Who exactly did you think you were punishing by leaving the doors open?:laughing: What a bitch move.

Good to know you're an asshole in person as well as on the www.

Who exactly did you think you were punishing by leaving the doors open?:laughing: What a bitch move.
It was in the showroom, I don't think I was punishing anyone except for the salesman who were too busy bullshitting with each other or playing with their computers. Sorry I hurt your feelings again:laughing:

still loving this discussion.. still want to get a used one in a year or so.. maybe sooner, depending on when we build a new house at the ranch.. cuz the last 9 miles of our ranch road are not paved, and get pretty crappy.. oh and right now we share the biggest structure out there.. having our own place would be better

so are there any choices or is there only one 4-door with 37s..?? besides the Braptor

still loving this discussion.. still want to get a used one in a year or so.. maybe sooner, depending on when we build a new house at the ranch.. cuz the last 9 miles of our ranch road are not paved, and get pretty crappy.. oh and right now we share the biggest structure out there.. having our own place would be better

so are there any choices or is there only one 4-door with 37s..?? besides the Braptor
You want a $55,000 used Bronco for a crappy dirt road?

You’re all types of mentally challenged, aren’t you :flipoff2:

Flares are hideous. 3.0L Ecoboost. Meh

🦖 2022 Bronco Raptor Official Reveal! Specs | Info | Wallpaper | Photos | Videos

2022-ford-bronco-raptor_16-jpg.jpg

Well looks like the fenders made it into production. :laughing:

Starts at $69k, doesn't seem like it gets the lower transfer case gears from the sasquatch package either. I was hoping it would be around $50k, not sure it's worth $26k over a base sasquatch. Other than the fenders it looks pretty good. :flipoff2:

Raptors are not built to be trail trucks and neither is that version of the new Bronco so what makes you think those would be removable for trail use??? Ford just won the award for the "hold my fucking keg" window licking, dumbest looking fender flares of all time.....

There is no fucking way those are legit, that has to be Ford fucking with people before the unveil. Those things better come with flared fenders and quarters like the Raptor.

Once again you're wrong. They designed it to be able to do both. It has rock sliders, f&r rear lockers, lower tcase gearing, all the trail mode shit, and removeable flares.

I just can't see how people would be so butt hurt over a company coming out with a rig with a removeable top and door ls and f&r lockers and 35s as a factory option. Since when did looks matter so much anyway? No different than the gladiator, booo, wah, it looks funny. :homer: it's a fucking straight axle 4 door truck, with removeable top, doors and an option for lockers and 4:1? How much better can you really ask for. Go walk around the dealer and look at what pretty much every other suv has become. Most are just different sized subarus with car suspension and no low range or even center diff lock.

Funny also how every one cried over the round fenders and is now crying over the not round fenders :lmao: what a bunch of whiners.

not sure it's worth $26k over a base sasquatch. Other than the fenders it looks pretty good. :flipoff2:
have you priced out a set of 3" IP Fox shocks lately? I thought I saw them around $2700-3000 each. That's halfway there, not hard to add up another 12k. Those fenders prob costs another $4k :laughing:

Once again you're wrong. They designed it to be able to do both. It has rock sliders, f&r rear lockers, lower tcase gearing, all the trail mode shit, and removeable flares.

I just can't see how people would be so butt hurt over a company coming out with a rig with a removeable top and door ls and f&r lockers and 35s as a factory option. Since when did looks matter so much anyway? No different than the gladiator, booo, wah, it looks funny. :homer: it's a fucking straight axle 4 door truck, with removeable top, doors and an option for lockers and 4:1? How much better can you really ask for. Go walk around the dealer and look at what pretty much every other suv has become. Most are just different sized subarus with car suspension and no low range or even center diff lock.

Funny also how every one cried over the round fenders and is now crying over the not round fenders :lmao: what a bunch of whiners.
not with a 10" wider body they aren't. :confused:

And don't think that's what people wanted when they said rounded fenders.

buy you do have a point of folks whining that wouldn't buy one anyways, as they get what they want and then it's too much money or well if it was a 3.789:1 I'd buy it.

not with a 10" wider body they aren't. :confused:

Sure they are, the body is identical. The only difference is plastic and tires sticking out. It's only like 86" wide outside of tire to tire. Not that crazy for 37s. Not saying it wouldn't be a hindrance on some trails, but every thing is a compromise.

And don't think that's what people wanted when they said rounded fenders.

Yes, but they won't be happy no matter what.

buy you do have a point of folks whining that wouldn't buy one anyways, as they get what they want and then it's too much money or well if it was a 3.789:1 I'd buy it.

Exactly. If anyone built the rig they wanted it would be $90k and then they'd bitch about the price.

Personally, I think the gayest thing about it is the goat shit and plastic knob tcase. Offering a manual trans but not manual tcase? Wtf?

have you priced out a set of 3" IP Fox shocks lately? I thought I saw them around $2700-3000 each. That's halfway there, not hard to add up another 12k. Those fenders prob costs another $4k :laughing:
No, no I don't believe in doing research I just pop off with the first thing that I think about. :flipoff2: Live valve probably adds a couple hundred more too. :smokin:

No, no I don't believe in doing research I just pop off with the first thing that I think about. :flipoff2: Live valve probably adds a couple hundred more too. :smokin:

$2k extra when I bought my SxS and it was like the lamest, shittiest live valve available. Not sure about the truck and bronco stuff, but some of the sxs's have a pretty sweet systems.

You want a $55,000 used Bronco for a crappy dirt road?

You’re all types of mentally challenged, aren’t you :flipoff2:
well its better than the many people who buy them and will never leave the pavement..

besides its not just that road.. there are lots of great offroading areas here at the ranch.. some pictures of said offroading have shown up in magazines.. one feature I have framed on my bedroom wall.. maybe someday I will scan it and upload it..

there was a video made showing me in a muddy creek

Last edited:
Was Bronco locked up with OJ back in 1994 ?

Glad to see he is getting released.

Well looks like the fenders made it into production. :laughing:

Starts at $69k, doesn't seem like it gets the lower transfer case gears from the sasquatch package either. I was hoping it would be around $50k, not sure it's worth $26k over a base sasquatch. Other than the fenders it looks pretty good. :flipoff2:

I tried to get in on one. Mine came out to 50k without fancy suspension, 33s, and 300hp. I figured ill easy spend 15-20k on suspension, wheels, and tires and still only have 300hp.

well its better than the many people who buy them and will never leave the pavement..

besides its not just that road.. there are lots of great offroading areas here at the ranch.. some pictures of said offroading have shown up in magazines.. one feature I have framed on my bedroom wall.. maybe someday I will scan it and upload it..

there was a video made showing me in a muddy creek

Wow. Hardcore.

Went to another dealer today, they had 4 on the lot all were pre orders. Salesman new much less than I did about it and I only vaguely skimmed this thread. I wish the rear seats could be deleted for a credit and that engine bay is screaming for an aluminum 7.3 derived 5.4 V6

I tried to get in on one. Mine came out to 50k without fancy suspension, 33s, and 300hp. I figured ill easy spend 15-20k on suspension, wheels, and tires and still only have 300hp.
Did you order the 2.7 or 2.3? I got to say the 2.7 has surprised me, especially in sport mode.

here is what I've been wondering lately, but havent asked..

is it better to get one with 33s and just upgrade a lot of stuff yourself

or pay more and get something with 37s.. so there wont be much problem with slightly larger tires.. plus your speedometer will be closer to correct, etc.. unless there is a way to gain access to the Bronco's computer and adjust stuff

Just realized the upper A-arm is bent out of plane. That front end is going to be prone to ending up on a flatbed

Edit: Raptor version, but wouldn't surprise me if the base version has the same issue

here is what I've been wondering lately, but havent asked..

is it better to get one with 33s and just upgrade a lot of stuff yourself

or pay more and get something with 37s.. so there wont be much problem with slightly larger tires.. plus your speedometer will be closer to correct, etc.. unless there is a way to gain access to the Bronco's computer and adjust stuff

Your getting older, and from what i gather dont have unlimited funds. I would think a reliable commuter that will make it in and out of 8 miles of messed up road would be #1 priority. Running a dirt rd hard constantly on 37s will result in it being a money pit of wear items. For $34000 you can get a base 4dr with good all terrains which seema like it would be the best bang for the buck.

Top Back Refresh