What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

So is it just me or does that look like nuts on either side of the hiem? I've never seen a bolt with that type of head.

Also notice how the rotor is completely out of the wheel :homer:

So is it just me or does that look like nuts on either side of the hiem? I've never seen a bolt with that type of head.

someone said 4" spacers somewhere...

EDIT: loose nuts.

someone said 4" spacers somewhere...

EDIT: loose nuts.

I threw it out there as a semi joke. I'm pretty sure the wheels are 5 lug, so he's obviously running some type of shitty 2 piece adapter. The wheels themselves look like the old Toyota 2" backspacing 10" wide shit also.

Holy crap I didn't even notice the bent all thread!! :lmao:

It kinda looks like that lower misalignment spacer has a taper going into the knuckle, possibly a one off bolt or threaded on both ends?

It kinda looks like that lower misalignment spacer has a taper going into the knuckle, possibly a one off bolt or threaded on both ends?

Thats probably exactly it. Guys don't want to drill their knuckles out to 3/4" so the company makes some stupid adapter deal.

Probably fine when you aren't running 100 yards of scrub radius.

As annoying as they can be, the lite Brite couple do seem to actually wheel pretty decent trails. I'll be curious to see how far they go with their bronco. I wonder how tough one with a ~2" lift, 37-38s, chromo shafts f&r and a little beefier steering is? I think that's what Lauren Healey is running, seemed to do well in the video I saw.

Went to a dealer today, had a 2 door V6 hard top with Sasquash package and a couple of other doodads. Sticker was 47k with no dealer markup. Looks like taking the top off will be a bit of a chore. No salesman came up so after almost a half hour I left with the hood up, both doors open along with the back door and hatch.

When you're parked in line waiting to roll in Pritchett Canyon... cut the wheel hard left, and the right tire tags the buggy 15ft in front of you. :laughing:

Some of the guys I used to wheel with would run 14" wide wheels with 1" bs to clear 49x21s and 54x20s. There was another who narrowed his 60s for his Toyota, then decided to run 44s. So he put on dually hubs and 15x12 2.5" bs wheels with 44x18.5s.

Sometimes it almost seemed to help them get unstuck. Saw the wheel left and right and you're literally reaching up to grab the next rock :laughing:

They weren't running stock ifs though :homer:

Bad design.
Heck, look at the lower ball joint bolt in section

1642527100276.png

Does anyone have a before pic, or even a pic of what it should look like before the carnage?

Went to a dealer today, had a 2 door V6 hard top with Sasquash package and a couple of other doodads. Sticker was 47k with no dealer markup. Looks like taking the top off will be a bit of a chore. No salesman came up so after almost a half hour I left with the hood up, both doors open along with the back door and hatch.
How small was the 2 door? Wife wants a base model, 2 door hardtop with Sasquatch package but we haven't been able to see a 2 door in person yet...

About the same size as a 2dr Wrangler :flipoff2:
:laughing: Yeah, was thinking it would be close to the same. She had a FJ Cruiser for awhile so I think she's comparing it to that in her head. I believe the FJ has longer wheel base/more room. The wife has to 'see it' before she will order one.
Also, she is just shy of 5' tall and I'm 6'3 so I need the front seats to be comfortable for me. The passenger seat of the FJ sucked...dash was into my knees.:homer:

:laughing: Yeah, was thinking it would be close to the same. She had a FJ Cruiser for awhile so I think she's comparing it to that in her head. I believe the FJ has longer wheel base/more room. The wife has to 'see it' before she will order one.
Also, she is just shy of 5' tall and I'm 6'3 so I need the front seats to be comfortable for me. The passenger seat of the FJ sucked...dash was into my knees.:homer:
From what I remember the one time I sat in one there's quite a bit more room than a Wrangler in them. The total package is just a little bigger than the Wrangler.

There's also some hanging hose clamp up by the steering rack end of that tie rod.

This particular bronco looks like it belongs in the hack fab thread.
They cover that hose clamp in the video.

I was laughing at all the "he was the first to run 40s, first to do this, blah blah blah" then it can't make it up the hill the stock ones can and breaks. :lmao:

I'm with you YotaAtieToo the lite brite couple is pretty annoying but they do wheel some hard trails. They aren't like that trail recon creepo who's talking about trail french presses and what's the best line on fins and things.

They are two doors smaller than the 4 door. :laughing:
It's quite a bit bigger than a 2 door wrangler inside. Not quite FJ Cruiser size, but I'm 6'6" and can fit in the back seat, with enough room for my Dometic 50qt fridge to fit behind the seat.

Are people actually paying $100k+ or getting 9000 year loans for these things?

I went down to a local Ford dealer, they have 8 or 10 of them sitting there, all stupid priced but the worst being $110,000. Seems insane to me.

And for there being a new car shortage, the lot seemed full to me.

Does anyone have a before pic, or even a pic of what it should look like before the carnage?

It's not exactly the same, maybe the bent one is a prototype or something. It looks like the one above ran out of heim deflection and stretched the pin and sucked the bottom nut into the washer.

It's not exactly the same, maybe the bent one is a prototype or something. It looks like the one above ran out of heim deflection and stretched the pin and sucked the bottom nut into the washer.

Man, I need to get into the new bronco aftermarket game. $500 for 2 8" pieces and a couple hiems :laughing:

Also, we've all always ran safety washers or safety misalignment spacers. Using an Allen head like that is pretty brave, especially in an ifs, where that joint is seeing all kinds of force from many different angles.

For people thought the regular fender flares are bad, I bring you the Raptor or "Braptor" :lmao:
434249E1-02F4-43C1-9EDD-3C76AA65C6AF.png

CACBE479-AA6B-4B8F-AAA7-A5EB837BAD7E.png

I think some actual flared fenders like the F150 raptor would have looked much better, buuuuut I think the functionality of easily removed out weighs the ugliness. The hard core desert guys will make wide fiberglass shit anyway. For the guys who want to run trails, popping those huge flares off will be a life saver.

"New Bronco ball gargling noises"

Raptors are not built to be trail trucks and neither is that version of the new Bronco so what makes you think those would be removable for trail use??? Ford just won the award for the "hold my fucking keg" window licking, dumbest looking fender flares of all time.....

There is no fucking way those are legit, that has to be Ford fucking with people before the unveil. Those things better come with flared fenders and quarters like the Raptor.

Top Back Refresh