What's new

“Brophy Jeep” Street Legal Ultra4 4500 class CJ6

I have a little grasp on Ackermann. The pic without tires looked crazy, your pic below looks more "sane?":flipoff2:

F1099529-5BD5-4208-B9A7-4222E3E0D2C9.jpg

I built what I've always called 100% Ackermann into my pile of shit. Because I'll be driving it on the street and don't want to sound like a drifter pulling into the good spots at the mall.:smokin:

Look close at the F1 pic................he's turning the steering wheel left.:eek:

Your build is looking fantastic:beer:
I didn’t notice the wheel position and while it could be the wheel is almost upside down like his arms are crossed it’s super hard to tell.

Yeah without tires the Ackerman looks wild!! lol

Yeah my drift car plows if I try to drive straight grip. My angle kit is pretty mild and works all around pretty good. More street able for sure.

This Jeep will be plated and drive to and from the trail occasionally. My place in colfax is 40 min from eagle lakes exit to fordyce and 2 hours or less to either Tahoe side or loon side of rubicon.

I have a little grasp on Ackermann. The pic without tires looked crazy, your pic below looks more "sane?":flipoff2:

F1099529-5BD5-4208-B9A7-4222E3E0D2C9.jpg

I built what I've always called 100% Ackermann into my pile of shit. Because I'll be driving it on the street and don't want to sound like a drifter pulling into the good spots at the mall.:smokin:

Look close at the F1 pic................he's turning the steering wheel left.:eek:

Your build is looking fantastic:beer:
Thank you for the compliment. I tried to put a lot of thought into design. Nd pull from things I’ve learned from those around me. Derek and Chad are taking my ideas and making them work now! lol. I built everything up to when i took it to them. So I can only take partial credit.

All the pictures show the L92 intact witch is out of the Denali trucks and Yukons. It’s roughly the same height of the trail blazer SS. It fit fine but was just too tall to run the air cleaner over the top of the manifold where it will be out of water and easy to service. The following pictures will help explain
IMG_9860.png

The plan is have a large single AEM filter like jason Scherer Solidxaxle car or dual Donaldson tractor filters. I prefer the Donaldson filters for better filtration and they are reasonable to replace.

Attachments

• IMG_6203.jpeg
    IMG_6203.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6202.jpeg
    IMG_6202.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6274.jpeg
    IMG_6274.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6276.jpeg
    IMG_6276.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3776.jpeg
    IMG_3776.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9312.png
    IMG_9312.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3184.jpeg
    IMG_3184.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3223.jpeg
    IMG_3223.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6201.jpeg
    IMG_6201.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 22
Oh I did source an LS3 intake and 2 throttle bodies for the jeep. The guy was gonna dig out a third one but save your breath about DBW! I have it on the drift car and really like it. And there are more spec truck out there running it and other cars are having good sucess with them but I did get spares just incase! lol. Found it on FB Market place for a pretty good deal.
IMG_9864.jpeg

I really love the radium stuff!! This is the drop in for my Nissan. It has provisions for 3 pumps and is internally check valves. I’m running 2- aeromotive 340LPH pumps that will be controlled by the ECU and run lead lag or auto switch if one pump fails. The fuel pressure sensor will provide data to control them. I can swap to brushless and use PWM to control them if deemed necessary later too.

Attachments

• IMG_9969.jpeg
    IMG_9969.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
I really love the radium stuff!! This is the drop in for my Nissan. It has provisions for 3 pumps and is internally check valves. I’m running 2- aeromotive 340LPH pumps that will be controlled by the ECU and run lead lag or auto switch if one pump fails. The fuel pressure sensor will provide data to control them. I can swap to brushless and use PWM to control them if deemed necessary later too.

Radium makes awesome stuff and their stickers are bad ass too! I run one of their fuel pressure regulators and also use their methanol proof flex hose on the in tank pump in my race car. :smokin:

It's a function of slip angle.
Negative Ackerman favors high speed cornering by side loading the outside tire for more grip.
Our circle track cars had adjustable Ackerman for that very reason. Depending on track conditions you could dial in more or less to get the front of the car to do what you wanted it to do.

Radium makes awesome stuff and their stickers are bad ass too! I run one of their fuel pressure regulators and also use their methanol proof flex hose on the in tank pump in my race car. :smokin:
Not impressed with Radium. I bought two catch cans for my 3UZ powered buggy. One had mounting threads that had to be chased, the other so sloppy I was afraid they would strip.

Top Back Refresh