What's new

“Brophy Jeep” Street Legal Ultra4 4500 class CJ6

Speed up to turn, mash brakes to rotate car and then back on the gas to exit. Easy peasy when you grew up in New England driving on snow 4 months a year. Spent alot less on tires practicing that way too. :flipoff2:

Buggies > Trucks.

This is even more
IMG_3505.jpeg

I went to buy a 4post lift and this was in the shop so I made him and offer on it and ripped it around for a while. 300hp 2.2ecotech Mendeola transaxle all CNC hubs and brakes coil
Overs etc. It was super fun to slide around fire roads up in the mountains but not practical for what I wanted to do. Cutting brakes are super fun!!

Speed up to turn, mash brakes to rotate car and then back on the gas to exit. Easy peasy when you grew up in New England driving on snow 4 months a year. Spent alot less on tires practicing that way too. :flipoff2:
I would love to spend a week at the team O’Neil rally school
Up there!! I know a few people that took courses there and came back way better drivers. I lived in Laramie Wyoming for one winter and it helped a lot. lol.

Enough screwing around! lol.
One thing I wanted it the cowl to be removable to access behind the dash easier. All the electronics will be up high in the cowl I will cut an access pannel with speed latch to get fast access but the whole cowl can be removed separate from the rest of the skins. This ended up being a Jeep bodied buggy so why not make prep and repair easier. With it setup Like this I can remove all The panels myself instead of needing help to pull
The whole tub section off.
73213932039__2C96E70A-E8F3-44EF-A597-7ECBB4E688FE.jpeg

We are getting pretty close to being up to date here. As you can see the guys e worked the front frame rails and changed the steering box and track bar mounts to work a little better after the initial cycling of the suspension. They started the front tube work as well. If you zoom in you can see where the tubes pick up on the dash bar at the a pillar and window V bars. The y had to notch the tub a little to get the tubes in the strongest part of the node without a heavy bend in them.
73309574291__7143E003-6C50-44FB-9E59-B3A1F7202932.jpeg

Truth. I don't believe there is another motorsport on earth that requires the kind of concentration, driving skills and balls it takes to be at the top in something like WRC.
Also trusting your co dawg with the directions and them strapped into a car with some maniac at the wheel. :laughing:

Who was the driver who stole a homeless man cause he needed a co driver?

A while back I picked up some GPS to try and mount left to right 12” Lowrance Elite Ti2, 9” Lowrance Elite Ti2. one of these will go on passenger side is the plan so far and the smallest
Is 5” Lowrance Baja HD for the driver side. That’s the plan so far similar to the 7 truck. The 12” is way huge!!

Attachments

• E834D5F7-04E7-4C6E-8E77-D9D0DF1459E9.jpeg
    E834D5F7-04E7-4C6E-8E77-D9D0DF1459E9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
Going a little different route than traditional Offroad stuff. This radium is built in Oregon and really nicely engineered. It is running 1 AEM lift pump that you can see and there is a fuel surge tank built in with 2- AEM 340lph pumps. They are E85 rated and the 2 in tank are redundant and will be switched by ECU with actual switch override. The lift pump is just constant. If for some reason the lift pump shit the bed the other 2 pumps can draw through it to at a minimum limp off a trail or if I lost both high pressure pump in the surge tank it will work similarly. People argue external are easier to change on the trail but I have 3 pumps essentially if I run through all those it be gods will! lol.

I’m running radium stuff in my drift car too!!! :flipoff2:

Attachments

• 47AB6FD0-E487-4472-9A39-E66148984E0A.jpeg
    47AB6FD0-E487-4472-9A39-E66148984E0A.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
Also trusting your co dawg with the directions and them strapped into a car with some maniac at the wheel. :laughing:

Who was the driver who stole a homeless man cause he needed a co driver?
I Co-drive for a half blind guy!! lol he only has slight peripheral vision in one eye but the other is pretty decent. lol. No depth perception is tough on the powerline road when you’re threading the needle at 85mph in a sandy wash!! lol

Funny story I spotted for a blind guy (10% sight) on the rubicon 2 weeks ago!! lol.

It was like the old days in WEROCK, CalRocs and CalNeva spotting for promos and unlimited cars.

It’s been awesome to follow along with this build man, it’s looking like the home stretch! That radiator is a hell of a unit too haha.

It’s funny how that works out. I’m in NorCal and between my house in the bay and my house in colfax. If you still have those panels it might be helpful. That strip would have been perfect if you had it. lol.

So I haven’t forgotten about this, but sadly I haven’t come across the side panels for the Meyers top yet. There’s a chance they ended up getting scrapped:shaking:. Sorry for getting your hopes up, but if I stumble across them I’ll let ya know

It’s been awesome to follow along with this build man, it’s looking like the home stretch! That radiator is a hell of a unit too haha.

So I haven’t forgotten about this, but sadly I haven’t come across the side panels for the Meyers top yet. There’s a chance they ended up getting scrapped:shaking:. Sorry for getting your hopes up, but if I stumble across them I’ll let ya know
All good man. Yeah it’s been great to see progress on the jee but it’s still got a long way to go. I talked to Derek and they finished up the steering box mount early last week but didn’t grab pictures and he was out of town Friday when I talked to him.

I cannot wait to drive it!! I’m headed down in late July early August to hopefully fit the pedals and steering wheel location. I them some rough estimates to base off of.

Solving problems with money. I like it ! :smokin:
Seriously. It was a good chunk of change but for a custom species unit with 4fans it was reasonable. The builder needed the CBR for another project anyways so I was able to trade that for labor and recoup nearly the full cost of the CBR. We did contact CBR to build a customer one and they couldn’t guarantee it would cool
The engine. That’s admirable to be honest and up front.

Sometimes that's just the way you have to do it. :laughing:
This build has been a Ball out on a budget deal! I try to spend the money smart and save where I can. I went with chromoly for the chassis tubing because it will be more durable for the weight. I did FK rod ends instead of ruff stuff cause they will
Last longer and are stronger. Heat treated 4130
Links with pinch bungs. But the axles were a sweet heart deal the wheels and tire were all used and much less than retail. I’ve also been blessed with a lot of friends that have given me parts at cost or in trade for time. I’m sure people go hey 2006 called and it wants its prorock60’s back. lol. But I’m in those less than a brand new what a race spec front axle only.

This build has been a Ball out on a budget deal! I try to spend the money smart and save where I can. I went with chromoly for the chassis tubing because it will be more durable for the weight. I did FK rod ends instead of ruff stuff cause they will
Last longer and are stronger. Heat treated 4130
Links with pinch bungs. But the axles were a sweet heart deal the wheels and tire were all used and much less than retail. I’ve also been blessed with a lot of friends that have given me parts at cost or in trade for time. I’m sure people go hey 2006 called and it wants its prorock60’s back. lol. But I’m in those less than a brand new what a race spec front axle only.

I don't have endless piles of money to dump into my race car either but when I have to spend the money I buy the best stuff I can just like you are doing.

Buy once, cry once. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh