What's new

“Brophy Jeep” Street Legal Ultra4 4500 class CJ6

3 of the those guys have a shot at the podium every time the line up, the price tag on their motor package is the same be it a BB or not.

a 525 ls3 is plenty of motor for 98% of the field in u4 and for the cost it is hard to beat. now looking at a similar package the only thing that kinda makes sense is the 7.3 from ford, but that comes with a learning curve since they are not common yet and in stock form are under the 500hp mark.

900hp is expensive no matter which way you slice it.

all the competitive/big money guys are running them

Feature Vehicle Archives - race-deZert.com start poking around here and youll see patton, kroyer, dougan, joe gibss, - you are not getting a motor from those guys unless you know someone. danzio who does horshels motors will take your money as a walk in

i stand by my original comment that it takes cubic dollars to make cubic inches if we are comparing apples to apples. i will say owning something with a big block is on my todo list, but i am not going to lie to myself saying its going to be cheap unless i want it to just make noise and no power.
I just wanted to add to this. There is a difference between making 900 hp on a dyno and abusing 900hp for 20hours and 1000-1300miles of Offroad racing. That has an inherent cost most people including myself forget about. That’s what sets endurance racing apart.

Top Back Refresh