What's new

Your shiddy weldz...

1000040799.jpg

One of these days when all of my shit is in order I will.
Your travel speed and stick out look like thry are fine.... just skip over the middle and pause at each side for half a second. Loks like you were doing a smooth steady weave. When you get the pause down then start angling your rod a little pointing it into the sides.

For anyone interested... basic 211 flux core that you would use in a 110 machine will weld ss just fine.... but the weld will not be ss. Blue diamond makes an innershild 309 ss wire that works decent if you already know how to weld and can throw out everything you think you know and just run it.

Nun Killer 3000, nice.

Also I can’t stick weld at all.

Stick welding flat is okay, but once it gets vertical or overhead…I can’t do that.

I have a buddy who stick welds like most guys mig. But it’s all he has so he makes do.

Run your overhead exactly like you do flat. It welds exactly the same once you get past the mental part.
Exactly. Steel has absurd surface tension. You just kinda melt that shit and as long as you don't melt so much it falls off it globs right in there.

Just make sure you're not directly under it though. :laughing:

Then it was time to tackle drum end no other pics than these bc it was time to put work in.
3 of 4 of the bolts were twisted... could not get Allen head anything to work tried every kind of hand or battery powered impact device.. even sleezee-out! To no avail. Black Allen head bolts counter sun into dead end cable locker deal...

Now my closed fist to elbow length is longer the I have room wherer these were welded.
Add a short used rod length stinger gloves my fat head and fatter hood all in where it really doesn't fit... and one of the crew (literally his hand holding visegrips and small @$$ nut (not bolt) < fixered that 👀) .
And yes all three came rite out... total shit globs .. however it 💪! :flipoff2::usa:

Attachments

• 20240420_084037.jpg
    20240420_084037.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240420_084033.jpg
    20240420_084033.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240420_084022.jpg
    20240420_084022.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Top Back Refresh