Member Number
Loc
D.p. Ca.
Here are mine.
20220121_111437.jpg
20220121_132948.jpg

^^^^^
This
I'm doing much better now though...I still can't weld overhead to save my ass, what's the secret there? I'm self taught from 40 odd years ago with a Monkey Wards buzz box

cause it show me what I need to work on and practice more. Too many people just post up their amazing stuff and then rag on anyone else that isn't at that level. It's certainly something that takes a ton of practice and everyone started at the lower end at some point.

I got nothing, everything I had from when I had a welder is gone now. Rear bumper and tire carrier I had built ended up on a buddy's XJ that still hasn't fallen off or pulled apart since I built it in 2014 so guess I did ok on that at least. :laughing:

I have some real crap from when I was learning how to TIG (still learning). Fuck aluminum...never want to touch it again!

Mine. Thankfully this isn’t my day job. It mostly depends how frequently I’m doing it, how comfor I am, and if it’s overhead. Also if I’m trying to show shitty welding or my best.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
Tigging some aluminum for a filler piece at work. This is probably the nicest I've ever managed so far, but then again brand new clean aluminum was waaaaaaay easier the old dirty shit I've been messing with

For what this piece is for welding the entire edge was unnecessary but practice is practice.

20220124_170052-L.jpg

Intake manifold for my International that was a huge pain in the ass, mostly when trying to get in between the stupid runners

20211113_170202-L.jpg

Last edited:
I can fix that. here's from back when I was trying to teach myself to weld uphill:
1643150465049.png
You know what, though? That shit is not easy and you have a good movement there... That is how we all learn. I am self taught and still mess up when I set the machine for a drag but do a push. :homer:

This is on my jeep project currently, from about 6 years ago. It was one of the last welds I did with flux core. Everything I do now is gas shielded. I might go back and reweld this section for aesthetics :grinpimp:
20170701_183713.jpg

Probably the the most beautiful uphand stick i've ever laid down :laughing:. My finest work goes undocumented, and will stay that way.

IMG_5014 (1).jpeg

^^^^^
This
I'm doing much better now though...I still can't weld overhead to save my ass, what's the secret there? I'm self taught from 40 odd years ago with a Monkey Wards buzz box
No secret, welding overhead is the same as welding flat. Same setting (maybe a touch more wire speed) and motion.

It's kind of a mind fuck but don't think about it being overhead, Imagine you're laying a flat bead. Helped a few welders by just telling them this. Good luck

I’ve got some birdshit when I first picked up the TIG. Kept pictures to track progress.
That's badass. I need to pick up stuff for my welder to tig. My last attempt was while I was still trying to learn basic welding with stick and I rage quit within an hour.

That's badass. I need to pick up stuff for my welder to tig. My last attempt was while I was still trying to learn basic welding with stick and I rage quit within an hour.

Some of those are the 2-4 hours total TIG time, you should see the sub 2 hour stuff. :lmao:

I got all pissed cause I couldn’t lay the internet rainbow dimes right out of the gate, have definitely gotten way better with a little practice every now and then.

Top Back Refresh