What's new

Ultra4 4600 VW Touareg V10 TDI Build

What the hell is a swang... google oh my god.

I had to do that last night as well. Decided that was enough innernets for me for the day and went on to bed.

That's some stupid shit, isn't it. :lmao:

Every time I'm in Houston and see one of those slabs my first thought is: " I guarantee you that the front wheels/lugs on my F550 would clean that dumb shit right off that car" But like Boomtacoma01 said, I'd be outgunned so it's not worth it.

We took it to KOH this year, but it was only 3/4 done: spoiler alert
20230209_135127.jpg
Plan is to have it ready for Visions and the rest of the U4 series races.

are you gonna make qualifying today?
The sucky thing about 4600 Stock class at KOH (unless they changed it for this year), is 4600 always starts by class in the back regardless of how they qualify. 4500/4800 are mixed based on how they qualify but Stock is stuck in the back.

So the fastest 4600 racers can be stuck 40+ cars behind the racers they qualified faster than.

All that to say, there isn’t as much incentive for 4600s to qualify.

Same problem in desert racing.

Makes for some cool videos when the best class10 start bombing through the back of the pack and push the slow 6100s and TTs.
Lots of bruised egos :grinpimp:

I think Pharr should skip qualifying to do testing and tuning. It looks like the car still hasn't left the trailer so still has zero miles on it. Assuming it'd even be drivable by qualifying, there's better ways to spend that time and incrementally work into it to make sure stuff is working instead of instantly throwing it into the rocks and qualifying.

And as stated, even if you qualify 1st it doesn't make any difference really.

To do:
Install rear calipers & axles (inboard brakes, the axles go in with the rotors and calipers. The calipers arrived yesterday)
Bleed the brakes
Install miscellaneous stuff like fire extinguishers, button for the horn, mirror, etc.
I've been talking with tech, he said I have until up to the race to get everything finished.... I will need it.
Started it yesterday and topped off all the fluids and double checked for leaks.

To do:
Install rear calipers & axles (inboard brakes, the axles go in with the rotors and calipers. The calipers arrived yesterday)
Bleed the brakes
Install miscellaneous stuff like fire extinguishers, button for the horn, mirror, etc.
I've been talking with tech, he said I have until up to the race to get everything finished.... I will need it.
Started it yesterday and topped off all the fluids and double checked for leaks.
👍

To do:
Bleed the brakes
Rooting for you guys

Unironically 486 would be a good choice. He'd know who's rental car to dismantle to get the random VW part nobody has a spare for. :laughing:
Anyone have a water temperature sensor retaining clip and o-ring for a 2008 VW Touareg??

This u-joint clip should hold, right??

Attachments

• PXL_20240130_173435143.jpg
    PXL_20240130_173435143.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 98
Top Back Refresh