What's new

The real-life confirmed Irates?

I've even found myself generating empathy for normal Californians who are threatened by wildfire. Being off old PBB has improved my mental health a great deal.

The seething hatred for California I normally live with is gone. Used to be, I'd wake up and my first thought was "I hope California suffers massive earthquakes today!" or you pray "Please, someone.... drop a cigarette butt. Amen."

But now I wake up and I don't think of California until I take a shit. That's a huge improvement.

That sounds like an awful way to live if you're serious. Does the state of california really impact your life so much?

frank (at the offroad show)
guy who wrote the kids book ( also at the offroad show)
and cant remember his name but stored his trailer at my house after King of the Hammers one year...

Actual active members here. I’ve met and shock tuned with. There were lots on the old board but most of them didn’t migrate here.

mobil1syn

ah good times. what is mitch up to these days?

the food and drink in a romantic manner dude had a party when i lived in NJ and i met vetteboy79 and i think DozerDan82 was there are well.

Surveyboy gave me rides to a lot of rockcrawling events back when those were cool

12138377_10205928093216216_1663653341527996160_o.jpg
12080256_10205917012899215_3804401522289787215_o.jpg

I also thought you came up and got the Super10 from me that's now in Re-Pete.

Uh.... haha. I feel like I might be living in the twilight zone because I am not sure of this event. So....yes? :laughing::laughing::lmao:

The California bias got really overbearing when they started selling swag and calling it a 'beanie' and calling sweatshirts 'pullovers' and other faggy California shit. Plus gourmet meals on trail runs, with clean implements that plug into trailer hitches. I think we can all agree that California is the asshole of the Universe so all the Cali talk just ruined everything. Yo dude, like gag me with a spoon, surf's up back in the Valley, far out man.

Why are you posting here? Who are you and who can vouch for you existing in real life?

It's nice to see the very first thread without trolls(not talking about you, noob). It's really something, isn't it, when you actually make contact in real life how after that it's a little tougher to act like a punk around here?

I used to volunteer and do stuff on the Rubicon. RTF, FOTR, Cantina at Con, etc.
I've met Hollywood, president of Pirates of the Rubicon. Met Del Albright, Bebe, Firefighter John, and a bunch of the folks that work to keep our trails open.
Met a bunch of regular guys, too. Too many to list. People in Oregon, people in Nevada, SoCal, all over.

Nope! Must have been a different D_JEEPER :laughing:

mongosd2

a few years ago.

I also flew with a guy that raced some kind of buggy but I don’t know his user name. He was a pretty cool dude. He may not have migrated from the “p” though.

some of the Land Rover guys kinda fell off.

I'm here...still got a 1983 RHD 110 pick-up, but this the buggy I built

IMG_20201101_102926667.jpg

Last edited:
ah good times. what is mitch up to these days?

the food and drink in a romantic manner dude had a party when i lived in NJ and i met vetteboy79 and i think DozerDan82 was there are well.

Surveyboy gave me rides to a lot of rockcrawling events back when those were cool

Mitch is good. Retired from competitive sports to hang out with his wife who was diagnosed with MS. He bought a big fancy motorhome and they run around sight seeing with in a SXS or JK these days while she’s still in good enough shape to get around

edit: are you done making babies and ready to go back to doing race car stuff? There’s still room in the market for you!

Last edited:
Met 51Plymouth from the old place a few times, dropped off brass at Gavin's house, wasn't home was out chasing an ambulance or something.

Nope! Must have been a different D_JEEPER :laughing:

Grendels thinking of DE jeeper

Last edited:
I’ve only met one person from the old site, 89LC. Of course there wasn’t many pirates on Oahu. I sold him a set of 35 spline Spicer shafts for a front 60. I do not think there are any here in Las Vegas.

he let them rip it up and down the street and they never let me forget how they got to drive it :laughing: or at least thats what they told me

:

They were not lying. Except for the rip part. It was more like "put" Chris just posted this picture on my facebook page today

crawlmaro.jpg

crawlmaro.jpg

Way to many to list for me both on here and on Pirate. I am cool like that, so I have met everybody. :flipoff2:

Shit, I even hung out with Camo two weekends ago.

Pirate was not SoCal specific like someone someone said, it was NORCAL specific at the beginning. Mainly because Lance originally made it for the POR.

I've meet Crispin and a few from the old site like silver zuk.

Also met Von Wilsonator and his wife from the old board at KOH a few years ago. Wheeled jackhammer at night with them and came down Jack north. Haven’t seen him over here, but he was cool and has a sweet rig.

DMG and 2xwranglerX or something. I forget his username but he had those bike rides for Cystic Fibrosis that both his daughters have. Not sure if he migrated here.

The California bias got really overbearing when they started selling swag and calling it a 'beanie' and calling sweatshirts 'pullovers' and other faggy California shit. Plus gourmet meals on trail runs, with clean implements that plug into trailer hitches. I think we can all agree that California is the asshole of the Universe so all the Cali talk just ruined everything. Yo dude, like gag me with a spoon, surf's up back in the Valley, far out man.

Typical fukkin dork....

I've met mocha mike, ugettit, and smurfblue, and a handfull of others at wheelers for the wounded at cmbr/robbs resort.
I was the guy that rode in on the black harley, who was working in the background with the staff.
then showed up in a grey first gen the next year.
most likley more at a pirates of the rubicon initiation bash one year...

I have a met 3 (p)irates that I know of. [USER][/USER] [USER][/USER] [USER][/USER]

I'm fairly certain I ran into you at Tuttle once. I'll have to see if I have a picture.

Also met Von Wilsonator and his wife from the old board at KOH a few years ago. Wheeled jackhammer at night with them and came down Jack north. Haven’t seen him over here, but he was cool and has a sweet rig.

he's been mostly off pirate for a while and is building a full on family buggy.

They had twins a year or so ago after a long wait :smokin: super happy for their family, seem to be doing great

Shit, if we are including pirate, I dont think I could count. Highlights wood be Gena, lowlights lance and camo:flipoff2:

Glenn, Rocksamy, Jeepingeagleschick, Chevy gal, missah, wertysmom, werty, crash440, I'll have to dig up the picture but the smoking hot redhead from Petaluma with the fantastic fake boobs whose name I cant remeber.

a ton I am forgetting for sure.

I met Paragon a few years back at rok park, plus another member here, I'm legit ............LOL

I've only met 2 from pirate for deals; Tankoma & that Jeep guy (forgot username/lost cell#) from Whitney Point, NY-

​​​​​​

Top Back Refresh