What's new

The real-life confirmed Irates?

piggy as in ironepig70? What happened to him?

that is the one and only piggy.

he went missing while i was absent, no idea, but he was a cool dude, who lived in Lodi.

I remember all the Lodi jokes back in the day, havent heard one in ages :flipoff2: ah, good old days.

He got a 30-day band and I think he was also called out for something medium or big from the old place.

It was so bad he self-exiled himself from said old place.

ADD, NOODLES, TOTALNEWB, DIRTYJED, WHITE RHINO (TX, not MI).

Not gonna believe it from the other site...

NARROCK came into my office a couple times.

I did meet Clark’s wife and son right after he passed to let them know about PBB sending condolences.

I keep finding and losing those vw papers you need.

Not sure if Chris made it over but we've met. Helped get his daughters Tacoma winched out at his house. I'm sure I've "met" more at TDS over the years just didn't know.

I’m not sure I can admit that. :flipoff2:

I might if you pick up a toy and drop it in the toys for tots box out front. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :beer:

I’m horrible with names and even worse with online names. but have met a bunch of people.

Jes2JZ ScottRS all are sketchy as fuck, ( :lmao: :lmao: )

bunch of the benders, bunch of others that I think are here.

vetteboy79 sounds familiar, maybe at ‘09 KOH.

I need to get your ID license plates back to you. :)

"Do you even wheel?" Confirmation of actual fabrication, mechanical, and driver skills to weed out the trolls.

I need to get your ID license plates back to you. :)

I finally found my balls and quit work, Days will be pretty crazy until I’m done next week but I’m home most evenings. I think the cut off for toys is the 16th but I told them I would keep collecting until the 31st.

Etyler2 and I drank some beers in my driveway a few years back. Also met runningproblem (formerly h8dwings) when I dropped off his axles

"Do you even wheel?" Confirmation of actual fabrication, mechanical, and driver skills to weed out the trolls.

I was thinking about starting a new thread like this last week when the trolls were in full force.

I bet some of them have never even owned a 4x4.

Reactions: Clb
@dozerdan has helped me out a ton when i had an old jeep and bought my 99 tacoma. I also met apeters from the old site when traveling for work. I'm real dammit!

vetteboy79 sounds familiar, maybe at ‘09 KOH.

I think so...I wheeled with a bunch of NAXJA guys that year. Jes, Rick (Jump This), Goatman, MattyXJ, dumptruck, 4xSanta, Cal, some others. 4xSanta got me good and drunk by the fire and I learned about Sobe bombs.

I think Dirtyjed was the one who helped me pull my XJ back over after I rolled it on Backdoor.

Also in '09 we rented an RV and Hammertown was just a cluster of shit everywhere...I ended up going on a night run with the NAXJA guys our first night there and when I got back at like 2AM, the RV had been moved. And it was the same generic Cruise America one of dozens there, and the phone bush was still a thing then, so I had no fucking idea where my RV went. I wandered around aimlessly (and freezing cold) until I found a few dudes still awake by a campfire. Ended up being Hollywood and some of the other OG Pirate guys, Hollywood let me crash in his camper for the night and I found my buddies the next day, they had moved the RV over to the pit side of the start/finish and just figured I'd find it at some point :laughing:

Lttlbddy Steve (RIP :( ) had made Pirate name badges for people that year, I went to go pick mine up and put my beer down on the table, ended up knocking it over and spilling Yuengling lager in his lap.

Man, the list goes on...I've been crew chief for 3 teams at KOH, twice for Timmay at Liquid Iron, who I wheeled with over 17 years ago in the Pines when we both had stock XJs. In Tim's last KOH attempt ApeEater let me use his trailer as the radio base station because he had good wifi service, and he also was sponsored by a local-to-him brewery, so my tracking computer & radio was directly next to a keg of excellent IPA. Thanks Ape :beer:

I helped put together some of the first Ultra4 events at Rausch Creek (we were test dummies for some of the original RCQ course), so I got to know Dave Cole pretty well through that. I always brought him Yuengling when we went out to KOH. One night by the fire I rolled up on this shitty old Trail 50, found Dave to give him some lagers, and he was talking to some pretty hot girl. He looks at me and says "she's looking for a guy who can ride a dirt bike and wants to fuck"...I pointed to my shitty little Trail 50, she was not impressed :laughing:

5 years ago I went up to NH to help Grendel build the frame rails for his Diamond T project, along with gavan, Dejeeper, Massxj, and RoosterBooster. Spent the night in the original <T>. Rooster and I stayed in touch and I ended up hanging out with him after KOH '18 up at Sand Hollow, where he let me take his 4x4 ATV for a day to explore since I'd never been there.

Went back to Sand Hollow for Trail Hero in '19 and hung out with Lubes and Freerider15 for the week, also ScottRS and Lil Rich, got drunk at the reception dinner with Tacoma and probably annoyed Glen Plake talking about Blizzard of Ahhs.

Back further...if any of you guys know Wally from CO, he invited me out to go skiing at Vail (he was working there and had a free pass I could use), and then wheeling in Grand Junction. Did 21 Road and Billings with YJgirl Val and Camp driving ScottRS old buggy, also J Kimmel.

And yes mobil1syn we went to a M&G at xyjbeaker's house (food & drink in a romantic manner guy), DozerDan82 was there and my buddy Brian XJFanatic. Pretty sure I puked in a bush that night.

I forget who it was but I happened to be near Tahoe for work in August '18, someone recommended I go to the Rubicon Steaks and Stories event. Didn't end up meeting the guy who told me about it but I met a bunch of others and it was just a really cool time.

Countless others being involved with the races and just wheeling in general. It's been a totally rewarding community to be a part of for the better part of almost two decades, with people all over the country. The wheeling is almost secondary now, it's basically what we use as an excuse to catch up, talk shit, and drink beer outside. Thanks to all you assholes, let's keep it going :beer:

We should have a blue check thing like twitter. Make it easy for all future and current members to know who is not a troll and has met others and is "real".
13 pages and only very few posts from trolls or others that don't meet the criteria to post in this thread but still have the nerve to do so.

Holy shit, is been a while. Refresh my memory, where? I know we did, but I'll be damned if i can think of it.

I've also met JohnnyJ as well. For sure one or two others wheeling at rocks+valleys in Harrison MI.

One time at Bundy hill, few times at R&V if I remember correctly. RBOR races over the past few years. I think I only said hi for the most part :laughing:

One time at Bundy hill, few times at R&V if I remember correctly. RBOR races over the past few years. I think I only said hi for the most part :laughing:

Not bundy, haven't been there, but yes you are right rbor races for the win. Definitely talked a time or two for a few minutes.
I miss the old rbor races though. Seems like now they're gearing it toward sxs:rolleyes:I hope by the time i get my truck finished they're still doing it. I'm supposed to have it finished for snow snake in March. Ima try like hell. If they have it again, you should go. If you haven't been, it's a great time.

Not bundy, haven't been there, but yes you are right rbor races for the win. Definitely talked a time or two for a few minutes.
I miss the old rbor races though. Seems like now they're gearing it toward sxs:rolleyes:I hope by the time i get my truck finished they're still doing it. I'm supposed to have it finished for snow snake in March. Ima try like hell. If they have it again, you should go. If you haven't been, it's a great time.

I quit going to RBOR after if became a rule bitchfest after Brian handed the reigns to the group that runs it now. The new long course endurance concept seems pretty stupid for the parks we have. I've never been to the hill climb, but I planned on going this year.

Bgaiden I think is it from here. What a horribly unpleasant person he has been each time.

Reactions: DMG
he's been mostly off pirate for a while and is building a full on family buggy.

They had twins a year or so ago after a long wait :smokin: super happy for their family, seem to be doing great

That sucks he doesn't have a build thread anywhere, I enjoyed reading his toyota build thread and that box truck he built. Maybe I'll run into him on the trail or something in the future.

I met 2big bronco earlier this year, we bought and sold some trailers, stand up dude

hauled ass to San Antonio and did some trading with BillyBronco and his father, great guys, found out I was gonna crash in the back seat of my truck and offered me a room at his family's hunting cabin, wouldn't take no for an answer, great guys, beautiful place, I wish I could have stayed longer, but had to get moving

I've met others thru cl dealings, but don't remember screen names

I'm am thinking 20 plus at least. hell I even drank a beer with lance way back in the day in Disney Ok. sold a shit load of parts to others over the years.

Also met a few of you of you at the fire pit at KOH 2010, but I don't remember much of that night:laughing:

Top Back Refresh