What's new

The real-life confirmed Irates?

Honestly though, if we are counting pirate well as here, the number of fake internet people I have met is in the hundreds.

Same here. Rubicon Jamborees, Drew Perssons Y2K run, KOH, etc. Most of that was 20 years ago.

I’ve met multiple Irates at different events; KOH, TH, H&B, etc. but I don’t remember their screen names. there are a few I consider good friends but had met them under other circumstances then later found out that we were all members

I'm not checking the member list but I've met a lot of guys from the old board either from buying/selling parts or from cross-country hauling.
I was in the Chicago area and while moving out west I moved many members' rigs with me during the many trips back and forth during my year-long slow move.
The wheeling community as a whole, members here/there or not, are a great group of human beings.
Aside from our insulting banter here, there is not a single person I've met wheeling/dealing/etc. who I wouldn't lend a tool, give a tow, etc.
An extra thanks to 45 ACP for advising me as to the parts I needed way back when to build a custom Dana44 that is now long gone.
Most are gracious enough to share their knowledge and that's why this place is the best.

Last edited:
I have had DWT a little nervous as a copilot. Probably quite a few more people but we all have changed screen names over the decades.

wheeled with gtxracer from the other site once or twice a year.... haven’t in a couple years now though...
still trying to get his Porsche build over here.....

Suppose to hook up with DWT’s soon to be ex but end up meeting soon to be ex FIL!!!!!
:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh