What's new

The black jeep - 1 ton XJ

from what i recall 1-3 inches 3 being the max is all the preload you want. if i recall after 3 you need to size up a spring to avoid coil bind by adding too much preload. i am not expert just trying to recall info that a barley know

Well, per Wide open designs suggestion I re-measured sag and calculated spring rate with nitrogen in the shocks. It makes a dramatic difference! not sure why I am the first person to address this:homer:

For comparison my spring rates without nitrogen are front 125/150, rear 85/150.

With nitrogen in the coilovers my spring rates are, front 85/125, rear 85/85.

Make sure you measure for springs with nitrogen in the coilovers:lmao:

i am not laughing but i am laughing. because i may have done this the first time and not even realised it.. and i never thought about it till just now 3 years later. wild....

i am not laughing but i am laughing. because i may have done this the first time and not even realised it.. and i never thought about it till just now 3 years later. wild....

Funny thing is Wide open still says you don’t need nitrogen to calculate the springs, like mine are some one off weird shock, wtf:lmao:

I just looked back a bit, are these remote reservoir or emulsion shocks? I ask because I had some emulsion sway away shocks years ago and they grew way more than what I've seen with remote resi's.

I just looked back a bit, are these remote reservoir or emulsion shocks? I ask because I had some emulsion sway away shocks years ago and they grew way more than what I've seen with remote resi's.

Emulsion 2.0’s

i mean have had a total weight like driving it ove a scale. because that is the weight that is being supported. axles and bs add another 1k roughly. just curious is all.

i mean have had a total weight like driving it ove a scale. because that is the weight that is being supported. axles and bs add another 1k roughly. just curious is all.

Yeah, I would have to guess total weight with axles, wheels, etc would be around 4500lbs

85/125 on front with 200 psi nitrogen, zero pre-load Sitting at 4.5" :flipoff2: still waiting on another set of 85lb springs for the rear.

1000003861.jpg
1000003860.jpg

My tiny garage is an issue:flipoff2: Having it sitting at full bump gives me more room to work on the cage.
You might want to know how far from the fully extended bumpstop you are at ride height. Hitting bumpstops all the time gets annoying in my Jeep.

So you only have 2 inches of uptravel before hitting bump stops?
and if thats the case. i found out the hard way because mine was set like that. maybe 3 inches before bump, your ride will suffer because the bump stop spring rate just made its way into the ride quality of the rig.

Well, per Wide open designs suggestion I re-measured sag and calculated spring rate with nitrogen in the shocks. It makes a dramatic difference! not sure why I am the first person to address this:homer:
LMFAO

I posted that in the comments under their video on Instagram and they even responded saying it didn't matter.

I'm glad they realized their mistake.

Working on brake/fuel lines now, I removed them for the build.

I cut the tube then used a piece of cardboard to make a template, then cut and shaped a piece of 1/8" flat bar and welded that in.

20231122_145433.jpg

That vent line is no good.

If your tank is over half full and you lay the rig on the driver side, gas will pour out of it.

and if thats the case. i found out the hard way because mine was set like that. maybe 3 inches before bump, your ride will suffer because the bump stop spring rate just made its way into the ride quality of the rig.
#MeToo

LMFAO

I posted that in the comments under their video on Instagram and they even responded saying it didn't matter.

I'm glad they realized their mistake.

They still don't. Adam keeps saying it shouldn't matter, and you can measure with or without nitrogen :laughing:

That vent line is no good.

If your tank is over half full and you lay the rig on the driver side, gas will pour out of it.
Even with a rollover/check valve on the tank? I guess just plan on that failing and do bigger loop?

Makes sense. I figure just to a lighter charge on them? At this point I'm going to finish it and test before I change anything.

They still don't. Adam keeps saying it shouldn't matter, and you can measure with or without nitrogen :laughing:
WTF :lmao:

Even with a rollover/check valve on the tank? I guess just plan on that failing and do bigger loop?
Yep. You don't need a big loop over the cage, although it would work great, you just need a loop that goes further than the tank walls.

I did the vent line flat on top of the cell in my car, you can kinda see it in the corner of this shitty pic. The last leg goes down under the tank (important in case of full rollover) :

23-jpg.109314

WTF :lmao:

Yep. You don't need a big loop over the cage, although it would work great, you just need a loop that goes further than the tank walls.

I did the vent line flat on top of the cell in my car, you can kinda see it in the corner of this shitty pic. The last leg goes down under the tank (important in case of full rollover) :

23-jpg.109314

Copy. My vent is on the bottom. You guys are giving me more work to do:flipoff2: I appreciate the help fellas!

1000003763.jpg

Top Back Refresh