What's new

The black jeep - 1 ton XJ

Jeep is finally done-ish:flipoff2:wheelin for the first time has been great! Jeep is far more capable than I can drive it. Will take a little to learn it completely but so far everything is working great minus my brand new leaking master cylinder resivour :lmao:

1000005116.jpg
1000005144.jpg
1000005143.jpg
1000005127.jpg
1000005134.jpg
1000005150.jpg
1000005161.jpg

wheelin with the whole family!
1000005168.jpg

Jeep is finally done-ish:flipoff2:wheelin for the first time has been great! Jeep is far more capable than I can drive it. Will take a little to learn it completely but so far everything is working great minus my brand new leaking master cylinder resivour :lmao:

1000005116.jpg
1000005144.jpg
1000005143.jpg
1000005127.jpg
1000005134.jpg
1000005150.jpg
1000005161.jpg

wheelin with the whole family!
1000005168.jpg

Is that SMORR?

Glad to see it together ! Awesome to see you got the whole family out there ! I wanted to come see it put to work been excited to see it since you first posted it . Best of luck this weekend!

Beat on the jeep pretty good the last day of wheeling and nothing broke:flipoff2: the rig is super stable and I feel no need to add anti-rock after feeling it out. Coilovers did settle a little and I added about 1/2” preload to both front and rear to get it back to where it was. The ride quality is great although I’m comparing it to my leaf spring MJ which rides like shit. It waa so much fun wheeling with the whole fam in the rig, our 4yo was loving it:smokin:

I have some more pics and videos I’ll post once we get back to a Wi-Fi signal.

This is the last waterfall on True Grit. It was slick as hell but I made it happen with second gear on the limiter:flipoff2: Buddy I was wheelin with is on sticky Mickeys and also had to give it the beans so that made me feel pretty good about my jeep. The Maxis tires are working pretty good so far.

Last edited:
I should have taken more videos and pics! The rig goes pretty good so not much stopping/ BSing or wrenching on rigs like I’m used to:flipoff2:

After cleaning I did notice I bent a front lower link so I’m gonna straighten that out. Also the Yukon super joints started squeaking the first day about an hour in. I re-greased them but damn I would have hoped to go a full day of wheeling without having them squeaking like that?

Also going to do a tune up on the 4.0 and a refresh on the cooling system just to keep it reliable as I can. Also my new Dodge MC resi is leaking so I’m going to warranty /swap that out.
IMG_3535.jpeg

Last edited:
Turned out rad man, glad to see the family enjoying it. I hope to convince mine to join me one day.

What type of grease are you running on the super joints? I have some nitro Excalibur for my next axle build and would like to not regret it after a half day out lol

Your video of spinning tire to get over that obstacle has me second guessing life’s choices considering engine selection…

That Jeep ended up being worth the time, frustration and money. :smokin:

very cool for sure.
what size is that lower link that bent. i bent my 2inch x .25 wall all the time. first trip out on 2.25 x .375 wall and no more bending....

i too have been eyeballing the Milwaukee pack racks. do they really hold that damn good? look like they do.

thanks

very cool for sure.
what size is that lower link that bent. i bent my 2inch x .25 wall all the time. first trip out on 2.25 x .375 wall and no more bending....

i too have been eyeballing the Milwaukee pack racks. do they really hold that damn good? look like they do.

thanks

I will eventually upgrade to some aluminum lowers.

Packouts work great. Had the cooler packed FULL and the tooling boxes probably have more weight than recommended.

Top Back Refresh