What's new

The black jeep - 1 ton XJ

Cage work layout. What do you like better for the rear door triangulation? I like the look of A much better. Any other ideas?

A
1000003873.jpg

B
1000003872.jpg

Last edited:
I thought you already have a cage inside. Is this for a exo cage or additional internal structure?

Exo cage. Interior is just an x brace for the B and C pillars. Exo cage will be tied into the interior cage via plates on the roof.

Last edited:
i would look into something of a door bar that opens or low bar to get in and out. but hard to tell how high or low the door bar is with out the seat being in there so it maybe fine for sure who knows. just start putting tubes up and we will say it s all wrong. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Cage work layout. What do you like better for the rear door triangulation? I like the look of A much better. Any other ideas?

A
1000003873.jpg

B
1000003872.jpg

I think the B version is stronger when it comes to the rear doors. Also prevents intrusion of exterior shit better IMO.

I don't think either look bad.

I don't think the cage will warp in a mild rollover with either version.

Merry Christmas. Wheel is crooked :flipoff2:

did you have to cut the splines off or what?

Fucker:flipoff2:

The sweet mfg QD comes with weld on adaptor that slips over the stock shaft(3/4”)Removed the oem wheel and tig welded the adaptor on with a wet towel wrapped around it to not nuke the column with heat.

Fucker:flipoff2:

The sweet mfg QD comes with weld on adaptor that slips over the stock shaft(3/4”)Removed the oem wheel and tig welded the adaptor on with a wet towel wrapped around it to not nuke the column with heat.
Nice. I remembered the hard way last weekend that my cheap Summit bolt on wheel wasn’t splined.

The “horn” part came loose at an OHV park so I pulled it off with the 3 bolts and just ran the center nut… until I went to turn and the wheel just spun :homer: luckily I was only going a couple mph

I feel like a quick disk connect wheel will be almost required with a 4 door and the door bar to get in and out. Looks good

Nice. I remembered the hard way last weekend that my cheap Summit bolt on wheel wasn’t splined.

The “horn” part came loose at an OHV park so I pulled it off with the 3 bolts and just ran the center nut… until I went to turn and the wheel just spun :homer: luckily I was only going a couple mph

I feel like a quick disk connect wheel will be almost required with a 4 door and the door bar to get in and out. Looks good

That could have been ugly if you were going faster!

The sweet QD is nice but seems over priced for what it is.

Started the exo cage today. Hoping to bang it out this week. Need to come up with a way to remove the thing once it's done to finish weld it out. Thinking a big a frame with a pulley system or rent a boom lift and use that. Anyone in MO with a Crane I can borrow:flipoff2:

1000003939.jpg
1000003940.jpg

As long as you aren’t building a battleship of a cage they usually aren’t too bad. Lift the rear up, stick a block of wood in somewhere, weld some stuff, move wood block, weld more stuff. Same when it comes time to paint.

I was wondering if you gave up because we hadn’t seen anything for a minute :flipoff2:

Looks killer. Still don’t know how you get in the fucker

looks awesome.
that rear light is gonna make friends out on the trails when its used. :lmao::lmao::lmao: typically you jeepers put them on front... :stirthepot::stirthepot:

but looks good none the less.

one other question. is the exocage removable so you can get all the welds next to the body?

Top Back Refresh