What's new

The black jeep - 1 ton XJ

Shifters are done. My daughter and I are making race car noises and banging gears:smokin:
20230913_192600.jpg
20230913_192613.jpg
20230913_193331.jpg
what size bolt did you use for the Ecobox? It looks massive compared to the holes the tab had in it from NWF. I only ask because I’m trying to figure out shifters myself.
Also, did you make that housing for it or just buy a setup and modify it for a direct connection instead of cable?

what size bolt did you use for the Ecobox? It looks massive compared to the holes the tab had in it from NWF. I only ask because I’m trying to figure out shifters myself.
Also, did you make that housing for it or just buy a setup and modify it for a direct connection instead of cable?

Those are 3/8-24 ball joints I got at Ace Hardware. 3/8-24 all thread and the housing is some 1/8 flat bar cut up. Nylon washers on the pivot bolt.

1000003142.jpg

Thanks. I was eyeballing it. Your photography matches your welding. You must have known I was going to ask about the 3/8-24 fittings.

1/8” angle for seat mounts and 1/8” flat stock for shifters. I should probably use 1/4 to be safe.

Got them all mounted. Holy hell these things kicked my ass! The outer bead didn't want to sit in the recess of the wheel at all. Going to install the links and then take it outside and flex it out. I am fucking pumped! These look sick in person:smokin:
1000005680.jpg
1000005679.jpg
1000005676.jpg
1000005677.jpg
1000005675.jpg

Now let’s find the weak point with full throttle assaults. :smokin::dustin:

First trip on the stickies went great. Jeep crawled almost everything, hard trails at smorr are almost too easy:smokin: I hardly beat on it compared to the 40 DOT tires. Planning a trip to RMR, see if we can break something there:flipoff2:
1000005793.jpg

First trip on the stickies went great. Jeep crawled almost everything, hard trails at smorr are almost too easy:smokin: I hardly beat on it compared to the 40 DOT tires. Planning a trip to RMR, see if we can break something there:flipoff2:
1000005793.jpg

That’s awesome!

KungFooMASTA ’s buddy Mark (black Jeep at the Irate meet up) said his stickies didn’t do well there.

But crawling always saves parts more than full throttle assaults.

That’s awesome!

KungFooMASTA ’s buddy Mark (black Jeep at the Irate meet up) said his stickies didn’t do well there.

But crawling always saves parts more than full throttle assaults.
He didn’t have stickies then. Him and Curtism have stickies now. They just got them yesterday. I turned down getting a set since Im married now I dont get to make stupid money decisions anymore. Last night he called to tell me I wont be able to follow them anymore. I said I dont follow them anymore anyways. I have not wheeled since Midwest Wheeling week last October.

Oh well I drive my buggy on the road too much to waste stickies anyways.

He didn’t have stickies then. Him and Curtism have stickies now. They just got them yesterday. I turned down getting a set since Im married now I dont get to make stupid money decisions anymore. Last night he called to tell me I wont be able to follow them anymore. I said I dont follow them anymore anyways. I have not wheeled since Midwest Wheeling week last October.

Oh well I drive my buggy on the road too much to waste stickies anyways.

Many of us know the marriage obstacle. :flipoff2:

I’m running 7psi and there is very little sidewall flex but the tires seem to work amazing. What pressures you guys run on the SXs? I’m running single beadlocks.

I’m running 7psi and there is very little sidewall flex but the tires seem to work amazing. What pressures you guys run on the SXs? I’m running single beadlocks.
I know it’s completely different tires but I run around 4lbs. Curtis runs 2 or 3 lbs. but he does not mind folding his tires over. Both single beadlocks but the KMCs have knurling on beads. None of us have ever lost an inner bead with these wheels.

What does your rig weigh? Im right at 4000 I dont know what the other guys rigs weigh.

Top Back Refresh