What's new

The black jeep - 1 ton XJ

Could you twist it in the mount to get the feed further from the pump and go soft line?

preferably connected to the pump like that it should be mounted to the engine.

I’m thinking a Y Mount from the engine block to the unused PS pump bolt hole. I like the simplicity of the res mounted to the pump.

That's not going to end well I would think. It's making a hard connection between two things that need to move independently of each other, the shock hoop and the engine.

Painting all the things
20231108_120940.jpg

Still have to paint the interior cage, sliders, sheet metal and shock hoops. I burned 3 weeks of vaca so hoping to get this thing done here shortly:flipoff2:

I used TS majic paint on my MJ and it has faded and cracked in several places. I am trying out rustoleum professional primer and paint on the XJ.
20231108_144939.jpg

20231108_163340.jpg
20231108_163351.jpg

My rustoleum parts were dry after 6 hours or so@ 70ish degrees. I also used TS harder and reducer to shoot with a HVLP gun. I don't know, it's probably all the same. The rustoleum is more expensive than Majic:homer:

My rustoleum parts were dry after 6 hours or so@ 70ish degrees. I also used TS harder and reducer to shoot with a HVLP gun. I don't know, it's probably all the same. The rustoleum is more expensive than Majic:homer:
Is HVLP Gun what the XJ guys call a spray can now? I have to keep up with current terminology.

Looks fantastic.

So that was Rustoleum with the Majic reducer and hardener?

How did it spray?

Looks fantastic.

So that was Rustoleum with the Majic reducer and hardener?

How did it spray?

Yes, majic reducer and hardener in the rustoleum. Cure time was decent at about 4-6 hours at 65-70 degrees outside. Shoots great with the cheapo HF gun @70psi.

I'm really happy with it, looks great in person.

Last edited:
Yes, majic reducer and hardener in the rustoleum. Cure time was decent at about 4-6 hours at 65-70 degrees outside. Shoots great with the cheapo HF gun @70psi.

I'm really happy with it, looks great in person.
You build a whole spray booth in the garage?

Yes. Used visqueen sheets all around the jeep. Looked very meth lab but got the job done. The raptor liner and exo cage painting will be done outside!
I stressed out about trying to make a meth booth for spraying my house baseboards. I wound up going with just a roller. I bet that oil based stuff smelled great

I stressed out about trying to make a meth booth for spraying my house baseboards. I wound up going with just a roller. I bet that oil based stuff smelled great
It is nasty shit. Full bunny suit and respirator is mandatory! Doesn't smell bad as raptor liner, though. I raptor linered my MJ in our Tucson rental house garage and the entire house smelled horrible for a week! :lmao:

I wish i was as dedicated, motivated, and skilled as you. This is some seriously impressive stuff you’ve put together.

Loving the rear seats. I was thinking of doin the same thing for my kids who have car seats currently.

Top Back Refresh