What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Really? They id every time here, and will only give you like 50$ cash. The rest is a check that gets mailed to your address on the ID.

I’ve walked out with 15k in cash before, when copper spiked after Covid I brought in a bunch. I usually only go once or twice a month at most. I have all the guys throw scrap into a pile by the shop then toss it into the dump trailer one day when it’s empty and take it in.

ticket will say what weights and items, copper, iron, non ferrous, batteries ect then a weight and make and model of vehicle (white ford ) they have you sign it and that’s it. Maybe I’m in there enough and I don’t look like the normal scrapper with 3 teeth so I get a pass, not sure.

I’ve walked out with 15k in cash before, when copper spiked after Covid I brought in a bunch. I usually only go once or twice a month at most. I have all the guys throw scrap into a pile by the shop then toss it into the dump trailer one day when it’s empty and take it in.

ticket will say what weights and items, copper, iron, non ferrous, batteries ect then a weight and make and model of vehicle (white ford ) they have you sign it and that’s it. Maybe I’m in there enough and I don’t look like the normal scrapper with 3 teeth so I get a pass, not sure.
It used to be like 300$ but now with all the tweakers they send a check.

Couple semi recent ones.

This one was just a fluid leak (from the piston blowing out of the caliper), weren't concerned with the noise.

PXL_20240709_152556335.jpg

Ram 2500 that they ran the diff out of oil and then out of pinion bearings so they did the right thing and put a fancy diff cover on it and refilled it but it still made the noise.
PXL_20240703_230051820.jpg

Really? They id every time here, and will only give you like 50$ cash. The rest is a check that gets mailed to your address on the ID.
What kind of commie bullshit is that?!

My place they hand you a receipt with a bar code on it. You turn around and walk 3 steps to the ATM, scan the bar code and it spits out brand new bills.

I think the machine might actually print them to order. :lmao:

The yard I go to pays cash and no id. Just scribble something on the slip. I like the dude who owns it, it's the opposite of those pain in the ass corporate yards.
Pays less, but it's worth it.

Impressive, what's the best 5.9 pump y'all ran?
I don’t even pay attention to brand anymore. We have a weird procurement department and they just buy the cheapest crap they can get in bulk. There’s zero attempt on their end to try to keep a record of what brand lasts longer before failure. They don’t care if we put new ones on every few months as long as it’s cheap.

What actually happened is that our bulk antifreeze got a delivery of thousands of gallons of bad stuff. Incomplete mix or something and it’s causing us hell. We always just use the coolant and assume it’s good. That bad batch is corrosive, we’re just now starting to see effects of long term non inhibited antifreeze that doesn’t test out good on any parameter. My thermostats are locking up in the shut position. Water pump bearings locking up, I changed an 8.3 water pump yesterday that didn’t leak but locked up tight. The new one came in a plastic bag, not a Cummins brand part for sure. More like wish or Temu. Oil coolers failing right and left. The company is keeping tabs on major failures and is going to try to get reimbursed for some of it.

Here they take ID and dispense cash.
They do that here too. Anything over $100 has to be reported and something else I can't remember, but they just break up the transaction anyway so it never goes over $100. They do electronically fingerprint for cats or batteries.

We have a commercial account with another place and they don't require anything.

So if the cage is there to protect the pan and the cage is dented in and rubbing on the drive shaft but the drive shaft is otherwise fine then what the fuck happened? :laughing:
The drive shaft is not technically fine...

The shaft is fixed on both ends so the cage is mashed up against the shaft with some "grooves" formed into the shaft.

I'm there for a DEF pump problem so IDGAF :flipoff2:

Yeah, so it kind of begs the question how the shaft and the cage met since presumably neither can move :laughing:
You know this is kinda mainly an off-roading focused forum right?? Have you ever been off-roading? Maybe driven over a big rock or something else that came in contact with a skid plate? Same thing with this machine, except no one on the job site has any idea how it happened.

You know this is kinda mainly an off-roading focused forum right?? Have you ever been off-roading? Maybe driven over a big rock or something else that came in contact with a skid plate? Same thing with this machine, except no one on the job site has any idea how it happened.

1) You're a fucking idiot. I hope you roll your lawnmower down a hill.

2) I see what happened now. The drive shaft is inside the guard and the guard simply got bent from high centering. I thought the shaft was outside.

1) You're a fucking idiot. I hope you roll your lawnmower down a hill.

2) I see what happened now. The drive shaft is inside the guard and the guard simply got bent from high centering. I thought the shaft was outside.
1) I'm not the one who couldn't figure out that the guard goes between the driveshaft and the ground.

2) I live in Kansas, we don't have hills.

You laugh.......

Retard I worked with at the Ford dealer had an F350 on his lift that wasn't balanced properly and when he took the front wheel off it started tipping backwards on the lift so he ran around to the back and tried to catch it. Luckily one of the other techs saw him and pulled him out of the way before the truck fell on top of him and squished him like a grape. :shaking:

Some people just don't think

Top Back Refresh