What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

I get emails like this...

We have noticed that in the last 6 months you deliver your purchase order 5 days or even before the established dates, for your convenience of not sending weekly mail asking for confirmate of the date and giving you daily reminders; Would you agree that without confirmation you can put SPD confirmed by supplier on your purchase orders to be able to reconfirm the delivery with the RDD that is in the PDF?

I remain attentive to your doubts and your confirmation.

No idea what they are wanting.

This is the plastic charge pipe from a 6.0. The guy bought the truck brand new and had a snowplow put on it. When they put the snowplow on they drill a hole in the pipe. They tried putting silicone on it… LMAO
I put a new pipe on it and the owner said it never ran this good since it was new.
059565F2-72C1-41E8-8693-0E468099222D.jpeg

I have found a few of these boot fucked up during the years, 6.0’s and 7.3’s. It has cost some engines, I have a 7.3 in a dump truck right now and the engine got dusted and destroyed the engine.

The black one is a 6.0, the red one is a 7.3
I had to go to RipRap Diesel for one for my 7.3L.

This is what a dirty tune does to a diesel. This engine was the nastiest I’ve ever taken apart. The rings were all seized on the pistons. The blck shit was literally like tar, it ruin the solvent in my parts cleaner.
21560A9E-8C70-4981-BC10-394FB1951911.jpeg
B49F4DB4-6F39-4AAE-9860-92A2CD0509E1.jpeg
21560A9E-8C70-4981-BC10-394FB1951911.jpeg

This is a 7.3 IDM, I’m pointing to where a vent should be, they corrode and fall off then water gets in. I’ll bet I’ve found 30-40 trucks like this.
This guy was ready to go upnorth pulling a huge camper, it was late on a Friday and he could get another IDM till Monday, so I took one off another truck and saved his vacation.
978A7A52-4047-48DA-9208-C8CAE9C10995.jpeg

I get emails like this...

We have noticed that in the last 6 months you deliver your purchase order 5 days or even before the established dates, for your convenience of not sending weekly mail asking for confirmate of the date and giving you daily reminders; Would you agree that without confirmation you can put SPD confirmed by supplier on your purchase orders to be able to reconfirm the delivery with the RDD that is in the PDF?

I remain attentive to your doubts and your confirmation.

No idea what they are wanting.
They want you to deliver on purchase orders on the requested delivery date instead of 5 or more days early. And they want you to do this without having be be reminded weekly or daily.

They want you to deliver on purchase orders on the requested delivery date instead of 5 or more days early. And they want you to do this without having be be reminded weekly or daily.
Weird that people don't want shit early. Don't they have a term for that? Just in time delivery? 5S. Lean. Gemba walks. Douche terms.

Also probably the first one to bitch of its a day late.

That makes more sense, sort of.
First info I've seen of it and we've been doing it like this since at least 2018.
Guessing new office person that doesn't understand beyond the papers they see.

Would make no sense to keep crews waiting to hold to a placeholder date. Sometimes rig, crew and equipment rent is well into 6 figures an hour I'm told.

It's more like whoever this person is needs to sort it out with their parts people to input the info to make each other happy.
On our end, it shits out an order and if it's in stock, I deliver it. Sometimes within an hour or two. Hell sometimes before the system shits out orders. Parts guys call with work stoppage situation, I worry about paperwork after.

Last edited:
This is the plastic charge pipe from a 6.0. The guy bought the truck brand new and had a snowplow put on it. When they put the snowplow on they drill a hole in the pipe. They tried putting silicone on it… LMAO
I put a new pipe on it and the owner said it never ran this good since it was new.
059565F2-72C1-41E8-8693-0E468099222D.jpeg
That plastic charge pipe blew out on a Moab trip of mine back in 2013. Found that Ford made a metal version that direct replaces that plastic POS.

IMG_6367.jpeg
IMG_6368.jpeg
IMG_6369.jpeg
Getting parts from the warehouse this morning and tossing yesterday’s junk. Two 4 bolt main 350 blocks in the dumpster because the front of the crank broke off. We have a circle track and everyone in this town that races would like to get their hands on those builder blocks. That screw rotor would make a cool fence cap if I had my own place again

You have fucked up my whole way of thinking with these comments. :lmao:
Thank-you.
The specific math I use on taxable vs untaxed is about 2:1
Rather make $20/hr on my own than make $40/hr with uncle sam taking half of it

though the strength of my spite has tipped that balance heavily in the last few years, so it's something like $2 and $40 these days

Think the scrap yard is the only place you can cash in 500k in shit and not get 1099d. Only time they even collect id is if you’re “selling” cats.
Really? They id every time here, and will only give you like 50$ cash. The rest is a check that gets mailed to your address on the ID.

Really? They id every time here, and will only give you like 50$ cash. The rest is a check that gets mailed to your address on the ID.
Around here they ask for my ID.

And dispense in cash after it check out. In hundreds of $ cash. No limit whatsoever that I can see.

Top Back Refresh