What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

This is what I call a “Thermal Event “. The shutdown system didn’t function correctly and kill the engine
IMG_2807.jpeg
turned that cat into a cummins :flipoff2:

The little tractor I got for $500 bucks 2 weeks ago because “the engine was seized “. Was exactly that. I just put the cable back in that shitty clamp and it started. :homer:
Winning!

I had to chew my sons ass one day to give him a proper education about "emergency" battery terminals.
Military clamp and ring terminal is under $20...:mad3:

Even the parts to correctly fix this machine in the picture was $40, too stupid to not just fix the shit right...

Winning!

I had to chew my sons ass one day to give him a proper education about "emergency" battery terminals.

Even the parts to correctly fix this machine in the picture was $40, too stupid to not just fix the shit right...
I bank on peoples stupidity. Sometimes it’s my own stupidity as well.

Winning!

even a vise grip holding the cable against the terminal is better than those wimpy li'l wire-clampy terminals

ETA: they used to make ends that had a collet the wire smashed in, but they were shitty because the terminal was brass instead of lead, so it'd corrode real bad on the lead

Just out of high school, around 1985 or 1986, I worked in a little garage/ shop/ tow company. Tires, oil changes, brakes, etc.
Their policy was that every car in the door got the battery cable ends cut off, and those ends installed.:shaking:
I guess they were banking on a lot of tow truck calls when the ends failed.
I didn't stay long enough to find out.

Just out of high school, around 1985 or 1986, I worked in a little garage/ shop/ tow company. Tires, oil changes, brakes, etc.
Their policy was that every car in the door got the battery cable ends cut off, and those ends installed.:shaking:
I guess they were banking on a lot of tow truck calls when the ends failed.
I didn't stay long enough to find out.
The amount of rage that would be fall me if I found that happened to my shit, even my old junk, I'd go nuclear!

Hot of the presses! Supervising at the "little shop" before vacation.
I feel the full impact of a green hat being squished to goo... Head out to the shop, calm with coffee cup in hand to see who the obituary is for.
Lets put the full weight of a 374 (160k) on a 12 ton jack stand...
Quick hide the evidence!

1720791903736.jpeg

1720791926507.jpeg

I get a call at 2pm from a customer's wife regarding the iron removal at one of their rentals. It turns out that a fruitless mulberry tree dropped a limb. The people that they hired to remove the branch then dropped it on the iron removal breaking the plumbing. They were trying to repair it when she showed up.
1000043281.jpg

She sent me this picture so I grabbed some parts and headed out.
This is what I arrived to.
1000043275.jpg
1000043276.jpg
1000043274.jpg

They told her that is how it always looks, so she didn't think that it was broken. I'll be back Monday to replace the parts.

Love the WS heads, not a fan of the manganese greensand filters tho', switch to ozone feed, much better system.

This is a “C” notch that was on a 1953 F100 and the people paid $90 for plus fees and taxes at one of the auctions you all see on TV.
I looked at the truck and thought I wouldn’t pay $10k for it.
The truck ended up getting a complete new chassis under it plus a lot more.
8B8330DE-5261-4378-B048-91AA7E6F4370.jpeg
D725FAA8-147D-4B84-B76D-8ACF38AB0011.jpeg
FF725C1C-4224-43D1-81F9-13E0F7E9B797.jpeg

Top Back Refresh