What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

This is what I found when I checked out this F150.
Let’s see who can figure out how this got fucked up first.
I have a bunch of pictures from so of the best fuck ups I’ve come across over the years. I’ll post more if you guys want.

This is a classic fuck up

BE9F3366-148A-4936-B45B-F0B4A26A8AE2.jpeg
C0402C6D-E829-43E4-891B-4CA76A7834AA.jpeg
AD61B410-3503-4A4F-9B49-94C91B5BFD2D.jpeg
C9017BBD-3CF3-44E9-8B2D-EB70245307C2.jpeg

That looks like a side stepped clutch.
That was a chase vehicle, my buddy owned a truck transportation company where they haul class 8 trucks 4 at a time and the stack the front axle on the fifth wheel plate.
His guy’s left the poor F150 in 1st gear and hook it to the tail truck when a towbar… then went down the road at 80… lol
That truck was fucked up, some of the clutch went through the floor, then the dash and took out the windshield, LMAO.
When I checked in out for my buddy, I called him and said “I see you have a truck with the clutch out of it” lol

His guy’s left the poor F150 in 1st gear and hook it to the tail truck when a towbar… then went down the road at 80… lol

The nicest Samurai I had I got because of an old guy doing that behind a diesel pusher motorhome. Someone waved him down because of the smoke coming off the tires. The tires on the Sammy were spinning but not spinning at same speed it was being dragged down the road. When I got it it still ran but didn’t have any oil pressure and was down on compression.

That clutch coming apart is crazy.

I was gonna guess engine braking down hill in too low of a gear, or jammed it in first at speed
ain't much other way to get the flywheel to burst like that, what with the advent of rev limiters and such

This is what happens when you stick the box into some high tension wires.
It a buddies truck.
B56C1D86-51FC-4E34-9D96-39E430408003.jpeg
I’m not expert on those kind of equipment but.

Whats with drums turned in-out on front 3 axles?

Looks like they had to dismantle brakes to roll, but also put a new/good hub on the last axle with a set of unburned tires. Front 3 axles have drums turned in-out to give room and to sit on ground for a tech to put new suspension hardware in?

I’m not expert on those kind of equipment but.

Whats with drums turned in-out on front 3 axles?

Looks like they had to dismantle brakes to roll, but also put a new/good hub on the last axle with a set of unburned tires. Front 3 axles have drums turned in-out to give room and to sit on ground for a tech to put new suspension hardware in?
He probably did that to get the trailer back to his shop, it blew all the tires off the trailer.
A week after this happened the driver had a fatal heart attack.

That was a chase vehicle, my buddy owned a truck transportation company where they haul class 8 trucks 4 at a time and the stack the front axle on the fifth wheel plate.
That truck was fucked up, some of the clutch went through the floor, then the dash and took out the windshield, LMAO.
When I checked in out for my buddy, I called him and said “I see you have a truck with the clutch out of it” lol
Really impressive the clutch let go before the engine. :laughing:

I was gonna guess engine braking down hill in too low of a gear, or jammed it in first at speed
ain't much other way to get the flywheel to burst like that, what with the advent of rev limiters and such
A rev limiter doesn't do shit to stop a mechanical over rev. That is an impressive clutch/flywheel explosion either way.

This is a Ford 6.0 I had to fix and put back together, somebody bought all the parts online and got counterfeit ARP head studs, he went to torque the first one down and it snapped.
Then he tried to drill it out and made a big mess. I had the job of fixing it and putting the whole truck back together.
I put a tow tune in it and it’s been running perfect ever since.

Real ARP’s won’t have any tooling marks on the end of the stud. For a while I was getting trucks in all the time with country online part, it’s a huge problem and I’ve made money fixing them the right way.
F6C12F7A-3F91-4765-AF94-D092965DEFE9.jpeg
15BACD17-AE36-44E6-9338-FEC4147D85A3.jpeg
8593A07F-906D-4DBD-83FA-33E1F1532133.jpeg

This is a Ford 6.0 I had to fix and put back together, somebody bought all the parts online and got counterfeit ARP head studs, he went to torque the first one down and it snapped.
Then he tried to drill it out and made a big mess. I had the job of fixing it and putting the whole truck back together.
I put a tow tune in it and it’s been running perfect ever since.

Real ARP’s won’t have any tooling marks on the end of the stud. For a while I was getting trucks in all the time with country online part, it’s a huge problem and I’ve made money fixing them the right way.
F6C12F7A-3F91-4765-AF94-D092965DEFE9.jpeg
15BACD17-AE36-44E6-9338-FEC4147D85A3.jpeg
8593A07F-906D-4DBD-83FA-33E1F1532133.jpeg
How did you get that out of there being second on the case? I know what I would attempt. Curious your extraction method

How did you get it out?

This is what happens when the wrong guy tries to fix a blown out sparkplug on a 4.6 Ford.
The guy that owns it travels the state doing commercial doors and it blew out in Northern Michigan. He took it to a muffler shop where they proceeded to fuck it up. They did it without making sure both valves were closed, so they hit a valve and bent it. While driving it back the mess they made with the Dorman insert blew out again.
He ended getting a new engine.
I avoid anything made by Dorman.
18062249-01C3-43DB-80A7-2004AB3EE998.jpeg

I have found a few of these boot fucked up during the years, 6.0’s and 7.3’s. It has cost some engines, I have a 7.3 in a dump truck right now and the engine got dusted and destroyed the engine.

The black one is a 6.0, the red one is a 7.3
0674BBB9-C7B6-4B43-94E0-7900B71AA058.jpeg
7C69744F-5AE7-45B1-A4F1-3B365B1DE0DA.jpeg

Top Back Refresh