What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Putting a engine back together that is 100 psi down on compression in ALL cylinders, puking so much oil it face plugs the DPF.
"Got to have it" was the response, I replied well you could have it with a new engine and not have to fuck with it again,
"no sir we really need it bad" :homer:
:shaking: Stupid motherfucker.

Held this way for who knows how long

Attachments

• IMG_20240603_155621086.jpg
    IMG_20240603_155621086.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 6
Not at work, on the way to work. He had some issues, still there 1.5 hours laters

IMG_3318.jpeg
IMG_3317.jpeg

Been seeing more of them like this, rather than healthy.

Swamp Donkeys.
He's just gettin' over his ticks by the looks of him. Every swamp donkey around these parts gets ticked up real bad in the spring. The real bad cases will scratch all the hair off and walk around drippin' blood. Those donkeys usually die of starvation. The itchin' and scratchin' is more important to them than eatin.

This one is borderline, he laid in our berry patch for a good part of the day, he was too tired to get up and eat.

20240403_081526.jpg

Held this way for who knows how long
The guy who trained that plumber worked on my house for the PO; there’s stuff like that but more material types- that pictured repair would have a piece of copper and maybe also an abs fitting or two mixed in as well if it was in my house.

Last edited:
He's just gettin' over his ticks by the looks of him. Every swamp donkey around these parts gets ticked up real bad in the spring. The real bad cases will scratch all the hair off and walk around drippin' blood. Those donkeys usually die of starvation. The itchin' and scratchin' is more important to them than eatin.

This one is borderline, he laid in our berry patch for a good part of the day, he was too tired to get up and eat.

20240403_081526.jpg
See what happens when you don't cull the heard...
Yea
Gun's / Hunting= Bad:homer:

First time using the "new" Ford factory scan tool setup. Only took 5-6 tries and manually downloading a driver off an industry forum to get it to actually make it through a programming event.

PXL_20240604_170325510~2.jpg
FDRS? Or whatever the fuck it is? Ya, I had to use that a month or so ago. Could not get it to work. Finally I read the really fine print I realized the program requires Microsoft Internet Explorer to work. WTF that's been dead since 2008 or something. I was finally able to make it work with Microsoft Edge :rainbow: legacy mode or something like that.

20240604_081142.jpg

FDRS? Or whatever the fuck it is? Ya, I had to use that a month or so ago. Could not get it to work. Finally I read the really fine print I realized the program requires Microsoft Internet Explorer to work. WTF that's been dead since 2008 or something. I was finally able to make it work with Microsoft Edge :rainbow: legacy mode or something like that.

Yeah FDRS. Ford moved all APIM programming over to it so even if it's an older vehicle you still have to use FDRS. Still have to do the bullshit where you've got a USB cable directly from the laptop to the module as well as being plugged into the DLC too.

You got a build thread?
Not yet. Still at the beginning stages, front axle is still being sandblasted. Didnt know if their would be interest in an f250 off road service truck build. Nothing really out of the box, the cage to hold the air comp/genny should be pretty trick, but nothing special about the axles other than being locked front and rear. May try to make up some front sway bar discos. Gotta get the axles/suspension/trans sorted before the cool shit happens. Toying with adding a blower on the 6.2. But nothing bolts straight on, which would be nice for minimal downtime.

Not yet. Still at the beginning stages, front axle is still being sandblasted. Didnt know if their would be interest in an f250 off road service truck build. Nothing really out of the box, the cage to hold the air comp/genny should be pretty trick, but nothing special about the axles other than being locked front and rear. May try to make up some front sway bar discos. Gotta get the axles/suspension/trans sorted before the cool shit happens. Toying with adding a blower on the 6.2. But nothing bolts straight on, which would be nice for minimal downtime.
Post up when ready. I think one of the rock toy guys has a 12 valve cummins, manual trans, KP60 and 14 bolt service truck. Thing is pimp.

Our guys got a call from a high profile person here at work. They apparently tried to talk to some form of "Apple Support" (we don't run any apple stuff in our environment), and ended up allowing them to remote into his work PC. This high profile person apparently got suspicious when they checked his browser history for "wells fargo" and started asking him about his bank rather than fixing whatever silly problem he had with his apple device.

One of our techs showed up just as that was happening and immediately pulled the network cable out of his PC. Security is only as strong as the dumbest user.

1718139708788.png

Now he gets to wait while his PC gets wiped and re-imaged and I get to add some more numbers to the bad list on our firewalls.

Oh Jesus, this happened to my elderly dad, who is a farmer and has no fucking idea what is happening with computers, but at a govt entity where using a computer should be day 1 stuff!!! Well.......they do work for the government:homer:

Well.......they do work for the government:homer:
Appointed government official. Imagine spending piles of money and man hours on security, only to be defeated by a phone call to someone who barely knows how to work his email but is important enough to have lots of access.

Upside is I don't think the intruders realized what his position was or they probably would have skipped the whole try to get into his bank account and gone after much juicy-er data.

Top Back Refresh