What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Somebody must be shitting bricks in there!

Sorry, shitting rocks
IMG_6181.jpeg

Underground dude: Where should I put the gas line?

Nobody: Just toss it in 16" below grade with the irrigation.

SMH :homer:

1000004961.jpg

Sounds like our plant. Everything is either buried 18 inches deep or 8 ft deep and if you did it right the knowledge of where it is died when you were no longer at the plant, also never demo anything when you replace it.

I don't know why they ask for my opinion, and then toss it out the window. I was asked about replacing a pinion seal on a AAM 9.25 front in an 05 Dodge. I told them "do not replace the seal without replacing the crush sleeve and resetting pinion bearing preload or you'll be sorry"

I'm just the grumpy old guy in the corner, I dont know what I'm talking about.

IMG_20240620_091011782.jpg

IMG_20240620_091005414.jpg

So now they're paying me to give the customer a free rebuild. :laughing:

As always the bean counters know best. Let’s have the unskilled do a semi- skilled task and get rid of some of the skilled labor.
IMG_0728.jpeg
IMG_0727.jpeg
IMG_0730.jpeg
Having worked in aircraft ground handling for 12yrs, it was always unskilled labor doing that task lol. Unless you ask a union airline employee, then their job is about equal to brain surgery and should be compensated as such.

Penetrode Offroad I legit used to do training in that task:laughing:

The real fuckup was the bean counters not buying the right tool for the job which is one of those badass towbarless tractors that clamps around the nose gear and can do like 30mph while towing the aircraft point to point. Towbars suck

Having worked in aircraft ground handling for 12yrs, it was always unskilled labor doing that task lol. Unless you ask a union airline employee, then their job is about equal to brain surgery and should be compensated as such.

Penetrode Offroad I legit used to do training in that task:laughing:

The real fuckup was the bean counters not buying the right tool for the job which is one of those badass towbarless tractors that clamps around the nose gear and can do like 30mph while towing the aircraft point to point. Towbars suck
Towing or pushing at 30 mph is not so bright a lot of damage can happen a slow speeds zero sense adding more speed to the situation.

Top Back Refresh