What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

20240530_174530.jpg

I'll own it. Make sure your receiver tube (3/4 drive socket) is positioned to allow the u joint cap to come out of the axleshaft. And if it ain't moving, that doesn't mean to give it full beans with your shop press. :homer:

I'm assuming stock shafts aint heat treated. Just bent it back and gonna run it. May tack the caps if it presses in loose.
They are heat treated but not as hard as an aftermarket shaft. What’s done is done. If you’ve got it as straight as you can get it I’d run it.

the ears aren't hard, the shaft section is induction hardened to a shallow skin depth

aftermarket alloy steel shafts are usually entirely through hardened, but the very center of thick sections usually stay fairly soft because it can't quench fast enough to harden

:laughing: - I covered the RCV orange w/ flexible urethane black; not a fan of flashy stuff.

1717195949149.png

Thanks for restoring balance to the blingiverse :flipoff2:
Its going in my work truck, which is going to be my only mode of advertisement. Shooting for eye catching, but not overdone. If someone walks away from it thinking "not my cup of tea, but he does good work" then it will have served its purpose.

The front axle in my lj is still in primer grey, has been for 3 or 4 years. Flashy normally aint my style, but I do have a flare for eccentricity.

Shooting for eye catching, but not overdone. If someone walks away from it thinking "not my cup of tea, but he does good work" then it will have served its purpose.
Contradictory as fuck. Dont go all Fab 4's for sure, but orange bells in the knucks hint that you know your shit. You got a build thread?

So in case you don't know I started driving a school bus a couple of months ago. I bounce around from school to school so I have no idea who the kids are to check them off of a list. When the kids get on I'll ask them their name and what road they live on so I can find them quicker on the list.

Now for the stupidity

A good solid 40% don't know where they live, they know when to get off the bus but they couldn't order a pizza without going outside to look at the house number and then to the corner to get the name of the street.

I do believe we are doomed.

So in case you don't know I started driving a school bus a couple of months ago. I bounce around from school to school so I have no idea who the kids are to check them off of a list. When the kids get on I'll ask them their name and what road they live on so I can find them quicker on the list.

Now for the stupidity

A good solid 40% don't know where they live, they know when to get off the bus but they couldn't order a pizza without going outside to look at the house number and then to the corner to get the name of the street.

I do believe we are doomed.
kid got home 40 min late a few months ago
asked what happened
and she started in like so was 40 years old
'that stupid idiot went down the wrong road, and had to call in help from the bus barn to help him back up because he couldn't do it '
(walking off into the distance)........'jesus christ' 'even I can back up better than that stupod ...... '

:laughing:

asked what happened
'that stupid idiot went down the wrong road, and had to call in help from the bus barn to help him back up because he couldn't do it '
(walking off into the distance)........'jesus christ' 'even I can back up better than that stupod ...... '

asked what happened

I remember once back when I was a kid riding the bus, our bus driver :mr-t: was apparently showing off for the few girls at the front of the bus (also :mr-t:) but at a stop sign put the bus in neutral and revved it way up and threw it in gear in spite of the big red sticker that said do not shift into gear above such n such RPM, and we heard the driveshaft shear and hit the ground. So there we were stuck, before cell phone days, so someone had to walk to a house to call whoever to fix it.. a buddy of mine on the bus lived pretty close so I walked to his house with him and called for a ride home. :shaking:

I remember once back when I was a kid riding the bus, our bus driver :mr-t: was apparently showing off for the few girls at the front of the bus (also :mr-t:) but at a stop sign put the bus in neutral and revved it way up and threw it in gear in spite of the big red sticker that said do not shift into gear above such n such RPM, and we heard the driveshaft shear and hit the ground. So there we were stuck, before cell phone days, so someone had to walk to a house to call whoever to fix it.. a buddy of mine on the bus lived pretty close so I walked to his house with him and called for a ride home. :shaking:
:lmao:. I mean not for you but...

asked what happened

this belongs in the proud dad thread

asked what happened

In the early days of GPS we were leaving some stupid sports event later than we should have been and the bus driver get fucked by a low rail bridge on a 2-lane road in the middle of a fucking swamp. Nowhere to turn around. He backed that shit about a mile on the shoulder with traffic zipping by and then got a chance to get in the proper lane for his direction of travel and backed that shit another few miles on the governor before turning around in the first driveway. We all cheered for him when he got to that driveway.:laughing:

Putting a engine back together that is 100 psi down on compression in ALL cylinders, puking so much oil it face plugs the DPF.
"Got to have it" was the response, I replied well you could have it with a new engine and not have to fuck with it again,
"no sir we really need it bad" :homer:

1717438790465.jpeg

1717438807866.jpeg

1717438823781.jpeg

Putting a engine back together that is 100 psi down on compression in ALL cylinders, puking so much oil it face plugs the DPF.
"Got to have it" was the response, I replied well you could have it with a new engine and not have to fuck with it again,
"no sir we really need it bad" :homer:
Sounds like a customer who isn't going to pay!

Top Back Refresh