What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

They are actually tearing this concrete out...

1711408235078.jpeg
1711408210860.jpeg
I would be all over that "waste".

They are gonna catch the pothole this time:lmao:

These two dudes on the concrete saws have been going 9-0 today, no glasses, face shield, hearing protection or dust mast.
The safety guy is having a coronary but doesn't have enough balls to do anything about it.

that is a typical safety guy
wait until after the accident then point fingers how wrong they were

My fukkin thought exactly
can't say no to a free slab (well, cost of fuel, but he drives a pickup home from work, so haul it home a couple squares at a time)

so what if it ends up a lot bumpier than if it were poured and properly pinned together with rebar

could probably get them fairly flat when set in a layer of sand

so what if it ends up a lot bumpier than if it were poured and properly pinned together with rebar
How are you thinking of pinning it?

I was thinking bending some square U bolts out of 3/4 rebar and then drilling holes in the slabs and dropping the "bolts" in to join adjacent pavers to each other.

I'm thinking that would let the concrete conform to the yard like a big rug.

We are theorizing this stuff is going somewhere, it's cut in what appears to be a 2x3 grid. They are loading 9 of them in the rear of the dump trucks.
Supposed to have the new slab poured by Friday.
It will get crushed and used as sub base on a future project.

It will get crushed and used as sub base on a future project.
Possible, this is just totally different method than they used to tear it out the first time.
This was more methodical. IT seemed like the bricks where better cared for vs using the excavator and ripping them out.
This has 11eventy billion more saw cuts on that 2x3 grid vs the previous 5x5 or so cuts.

Possible, this is just totally different method than they used to tear it out the first time.
This was more methodical. IT seemed like the bricks where better cared for vs using the excavator and ripping them out.
This has 11eventy billion more saw cuts on that 2x3 grid vs the previous 5x5 or so cuts.
I can tell you the idea when I remove old concrete for my buddy is that it’s easier to remove a few big pieces than a million smashed up pieces. Way less cleanup.

A story in 6 pictures. It snowed last night. For the 7th or more nights in a row. Getting real tired of the mud.
IMG_5793.jpeg
IMG_5794.jpeg

When I got there both trucks were stuck and got stuck tied together. We didn’t have any more straps so had to try it as is or leave the one in the back.
IMG_5795.jpeg
IMG_5796.jpeg
IMG_5797.jpeg
IMG_5798.jpeg

Had to hit ‘em harder than I’d like 6 times but I got ‘em both out. One of my chains sacrificed its life though. Blew two bars on one side.

Top Back Refresh