What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Actually pretty funny.

Our CFO is leaving for another job. Our CEO took it upon herself to write him a nice note on his last day (which happens to be employee appreciation day?)

1709322170929.png

I like our current leadership. Bummed to see this dude go.

I think HR might be scared of her :laughing:

I did have an owner/ceo that way once. One of the regional managers called him a bully with aspergers. To get even they fired him on labor day. :laughing:

Then they yell at me because I asked someone if they could tie their own shoes while in a meeting.

One of the kids I mentored told me his career goal was to be proficient enough at his job to say shit like that and not get fired. I didn't use that line anymore. But when some IT person came to me boasting about their new code that turned out to be crap. I would tell them to go tell their mom, I bet she'll be proud.

jimmy123456789

Post up stupid stuff you seen at work. Entertain us, or admit you’re not what you are.
Dear Trailtamer,
YOU FUCKING NEW HERE ?
Jeeping fawkn chrysler, the fuk you throw bait fer?
Every gawd dam response is yer fukking fault, you fukn gawd dam sumbitch!
Couldn’t shut the fuk up n just scroll past the bullshit, nope hadda fukn feed.
If the fukn snotards ain’t enough,
FUCK!
There’s no reason an Irate jury shouldn’t hang you fer treason you fukwit.

Never seen glyptal on rods of anything other than an outboard before (and in that case it wasn't exactly glyptal).

Any idea why they did that?

To lock the sand in the shitty casting?
On a rod? I thought pretty much all rods have been forged since forever.

The outboards do it for corrosion resistance (because salty air through the crankcase).

Never seen glyptal on rods of anything other than an outboard before (and in that case it wasn't exactly glyptal).

Any idea why they did that?
Corrosion resistance and oil drain back supposedly. Whatever it is it’s slick and supposed to facilitate the oil returning to the bottom of crank case. All of our natural gas compressors are internally coated in that.

betting that compressor cost more than arse makes in ten lifetimes
made outta ceramic
doesn't set off metal detectors

They went to put one of the 2 new beams for the additional crane bridge crane in the main shop a few weeks ago.
Once it was fully up and bolted to the new west bridge they discovered it was 12" too long....
It was pulled back down, shipped back to Houston for shortening and then reinstalled yesterday.
I can't think of much of this "remodel" that has gone correctly.
They are still planning on making the concrete company break up and remove that section with the relief cuts on the wrong spacing.

They went to put one of the 2 new beams for the additional crane bridge crane in the main shop a few weeks ago.
Once it was fully up and bolted to the new west bridge they discovered it was 12" too long....
It was pulled back down, shipped back to Houston for shortening and then reinstalled yesterday.
I can't think of much of this "remodel" that has gone correctly.
They are still planning on making the concrete company break up and remove that section with the relief cuts on the wrong spacing.

I've come to the conclusion that in the state of Texas "Good enough" is all you are getting 99.998% of the time unless you either do it yourself or supervise every second of whoever you hired whatever to do. I see it every day at work and in general life, it's fucking sad

Job security for someone?
Not a clue, my supervisor explained they were making them remove that section for "cause" :shaking:
I said why not let them NOT remove it for a credit on the fucking job or maybe more FREE concrete vs removing GOOD concrete "cause":mad3:
This is concrete on a yard of a HEAVY EQUIPMENT DEALERSHIP that handles machines that are specifically designed to DESTROY concrete, these are not lifetime concrete placements....

Top Back Refresh