What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

I've had a couple 30yd dumpsters at home and they had a "stated max. weight" but the drivers picked up & waste management charged for the overage. I imagine scrappers will haul off anything the truck can winch onto the back, but just guessing.
The guys that used to pick up ours , their tile was : if both front wheels come off the ground while they are winching it on , they refuse it .

Someone will get in deep shit for that. We don’t get rid of rebuild able cores. That’s a complete power unit with the PTO and everything.
What kinda engine is that ?

From an oil field ?

Looks like an old hit and miss from the 20s

A buddy from the next dealer over sent me some pix this morning....

They are from this incident

He said over 160 shots and perp was only hit twice, he thinks one was in the dick based on blood and seat entry lol

1000011169.jpg
1000011170.jpg
But from watching A-Team episodes, all they had to do during a firefight was raise the bucket and it deflected all the bullets, clearly this ‘gent didn’t watch those episodes.

What kinda engine is that ?

From an oil field ?

Looks like an old hit and miss from the 20s
They still sell them now. Arrow C96 is the exact model. There isn’t a part for them you can’t still get. It’s not a hit and miss because it’s governed instead. Original idea based on a hit-n-miss. These things are infinitely rebuildable. Simple and run forever. These things are 24 hour a day 20+ year run time with just oil changes spark plug changes and valve adjustments. These are pump jack engines.

They still sell them now. Arrow C96 is the exact model. There isn’t a part for them you can’t still get. It’s not a hit and miss because it’s governed instead. Original idea based on a hit-n-miss. These things are infinitely rebuildable. Simple and run forever. These things are 24 hour a day 20+ year run time with just oil changes spark plug changes and valve adjustments. These are pump jack engines.

Do they run off the natural gas from the well?

We frequently have to pull shit out of the metal scrap bin because their trucks can't pick the container.

That load probably qualifies.

I filled a 30yd with dirt at one point.... Wheels came off the ground and he had to put air in the tires. Was real pissed. Iirc it was 30k over weight, but it was a long time ago. Returned with 10yd boxes 🤣

What is the rules on a roll off scrap bin? Policy on a complete engine that weighs 2600 pounds. I gotta think the driver refuses to pick it up

IMG_5592.jpeg
I thought maloof was outa business? Unless somebody else is picking up scrap and just using one of there old dumpsters.
Running rig up truck i used to go every now and then to exterren and dump there bins, didnt give two shits how heavy it was always had way more truck than ever needed for them.

I thought maloof was outa business? Unless somebody else is picking up scrap and just using one of there old dumpsters.
Running rig up truck i used to go every now and then to exterren and dump there bins, didnt give two shits how heavy it was always had way more truck than ever needed for them.
I don’t even know. No idea how long that dumpster has been there. When the last time it got dumped etc. who did you drive for?

I filled a 30yd with dirt at one point.... Wheels came off the ground and he had to put air in the tires. Was real pissed. Iirc it was 30k over weight, but it was a long time ago. Returned with 10yd boxes 🤣

One of my proudest moments was when I was doing min-wage construction laborer shit and the dumpster company banned us from ordering more than 15yd dumpsters because I had, over the course of a month, so meticulously filled a 30yd with wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of plaster debris dumped around the "loose stuff" it weighed some obscene amount. :laughing:

One of my proudest moments was when I was doing min-wage construction laborer shit and the dumpster company banned us from ordering more than 15yd dumpsters because I had, over the course of a month, so meticulously filled a 30yd with wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of plaster debris dumped around the "loose stuff" it weighed some obscene amount. :laughing:

We had one that was 30k or something dumb, full of plaster then it rained. When he picked it up the truck was at a 45 degree angle, looked like a fun ride. The overweight charge was only like a hundred bucks so it definitely penciled out to over fill them and eat the weight charge.

Goes to scrap :laughing:

Builders stuffing 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb sack. Townhomes are ~20' wide, with 16' garage doors. I'm guessing there was just a small cavity in the framing to get the spigot and condensate line in. Some vertical separation would have been nice though.

20240229_095202.jpg

Top Back Refresh