What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

high tensile fence wire will tie those chains back together stronger than the links if you loop it through four times then twist the tails together
I've torn my skidsteer chains apart a bunch of times and patched them with that shit, the patches are actually stronger than the links

not really saying you should fix them, saying that it's a way to keep them going when you need them to keep on keeping on

So why the gravel fill after old concrete pour?

1000012265.jpg

1000012259.jpg

Found new one today. The exhaust pipe broke off and fell straight down onto the muffler. 20 foot long pipe held up by the hole in the roof that it passes through. Vibrating muffler has pipe slowly wear through it like a Chinese bamboo torture in reverse. If what I’m saying doesn’t make sense, zoom in on those. That exhaust pipe has worked its way through that muffler over a foot. 3rd picture is bottom looking up. I left it just like that, will see if it cuts a perfectly round cookie all the way through the muffler.

IMG_5801.jpeg
IMG_5803.jpeg
IMG_5802.jpeg
IMG_5804.jpeg

Found new one today. The exhaust pipe broke off and fell straight down onto the muffler. 20 foot long pipe held up by the hole in the roof that it passes through. Vibrating muffler has pipe slowly wear through it like a Chinese bamboo torture in reverse. If what I’m saying doesn’t make sense, zoom in on those. That exhaust pipe has worked its way through that muffler over a foot. 3rd picture is bottom looking up. I left it just like that, will see if it cuts a perfectly round cookie all the way through the muffler.
I'm not even mad- I'm impressed. How long you think that took? I assume it is running constantly.

IMG_5801.jpeg
IMG_5803.jpeg
IMG_5802.jpeg
IMG_5804.jpeg
Awesome carnage

I'm not even mad- I'm impressed. How long you think that took? I assume it is running constantly.
It’s probably been at it near a month. That unit hasn’t been off for 1 second in over 30 days. I check on it once a week unless it goes down and I have automation that tells me if it’s on or off. I did a fly by last week because I had another bigger disaster to address. Today I noticed it sounded funny before walking in the shed. Might have been like that last week but all I did was look at fluid levels and haul ass. It was full of oils and antifreeze so it got about 30 seconds of attention in the last 14 days.

Honestly I'd been there dozens of times and never knew it wasn't poured in place!
there is a slab of a small shop accross the street from me. The PO left it and removed the shop when he moved.
I've been curious about how to move it...
Bolt a i beam frame to the top to keep it from breaking and then undermine it with water or compressed air then winch it up on to a trailer?

saw it into 3x3 pieces (or whatever your skiddy steer will move without tipping)
drag it into your yard
set them in mud
put heavy things on the high spots and wait a couple freeze/thaw cycles to settle them into the greasy taco shit mud

there is a slab of a small shop accross the street from me. The PO left it and removed the shop when he moved.
Bolt a i beam frame to the top to keep it from breaking and then undermine it with water or compressed air then winch it up on to a trailer?

I think he said in the video he cut it up, loaded it with a decent sized excavator, and placed it the same way.

the trouble is that the underside is conformed to whatever the ground looked like where it was poured, so setting them down elsewhere you'll have voidspace

fluffed up sand might compress into the voids goodly enough, but dunno

the trouble is that the underside is conformed to whatever the ground looked like where it was poured, so setting them down elsewhere you'll have voidspace

fluffed up sand might compress into the voids goodly enough, but dunno
Rototill the dirt half the thickness of the slab and send it? Prob pack in just fine. (at least in my soil here)

Rototill the dirt half the thickness of the slab and send it? Prob pack in just fine. (at least in my soil here)
I think you'd need to get it real wet and soupy to make it flow into the spots it needs to and out of the spots it's in the way.

On my parents sidewalk we picked up each 4x10 section with a telehander and stacked them. Then we dug out the roots, leveled everything, and compacted. It went back together close enough for a sidewalk.
Screenshot_20210905-151433~2.jpg

Last edited:
Crew says , "Tail lights quit working"....

Me sending this picture to them stating maybe if it were plugged in to begin with' not being drug down the road or pinched in something...
they'd still be working.., 🤷‍♂️?
Ha! My dad did that back when I was a kid. We were on a narrow twisty mountain road somewhere in montana, headed down hill, pulling a 31 ft trailer when my dad offers up: "Uh oh, I don't think the trailer brakes are working." Turns out it's because the cable had been ground nearly in half a few miles back.

I got to learn how trailer wiring worked that day.

Crew says , "Tail lights quit working"....

Me sending this picture to them stating maybe if it were plugged in to begin with' not being drug down the road or pinched in something...
they'd still be working.., 🤷‍♂️?
We have 24 trailers across 3 sites interchangeably used by 11 guys, the number of trailer plugs/cords/breakaways we go through a year is ridiculous and it's always 'not my fault.'

We went to the plastic terminal boxes with the molded cords some years ago and just swap the whole thing as it only takes 20 minutes and everything is color coded. Stab it into the test box, switch through all the light settings and brakes and send it out the door.

IMG_5801.jpeg
IMG_5803.jpeg
IMG_5802.jpeg
IMG_5804.jpeg
where is your flex hose ?

We have 24 trailers across 3 sites interchangeably used by 11 guys, the number of trailer plugs/cords/breakaways we go through a year is ridiculous and it's always 'not my fault.'

We went to the plastic terminal boxes with the molded cords some years ago and just swap the whole thing as it only takes 20 minutes and everything is color coded. Stab it into the test box, switch through all the light settings and brakes and send it out the door.
My personal trailers are all that way. made life so much easier, and when a friend screws up, it's an easy material list to price out for the repair.

No more cobbling together a damaged plug to give back to me.

Top Back Refresh