What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

That is a fair question. That unit didn’t have one. Someone had solid welded that pipe to the muffler, no flex coupler of any kind.
you can solid weld it as many times as you want, that vibration is like the tide, it will eventually win every time :laughing:
and pipe support will help at least keep it kind of where it belongs when it fails
But I have worked in an industry where they just want it fixed fight now and don't care about precative maintenance, only reactive maintenance, it is frustrating

1000040207.jpg
1000040208.jpg
1000040209.jpg
1000040210.jpg

Cement grey paint would have been a better choice :homer:.

The intention of this post was not to trigger snap-on haters:flipoff2:

We have 24 trailers across 3 sites interchangeably used by 11 guys, the number of trailer plugs/cords/breakaways we go through a year is ridiculous and it's always 'not my fault.'

We went to the plastic terminal boxes with the molded cords some years ago and just swap the whole thing as it only takes 20 minutes and everything is color coded. Stab it into the test box, switch through all the light settings and brakes and send it out the door.
All my trailers have the same plug as the truck. I make double ended coil cords for 7s and 4s. I keep a spare of each in the trucks and a spare on the trailer.

Burned another new truck down at work. 2023 electricians truck. Shorted something out and when the smoke started rolling he emptied his fire extinguisher into the smoke then stood back and made phone calls while he watched it turn to liquid. Safety guys are praising him for doing what he was trained to do. Stand back and watch it burn instead of risking injury/death trying to put it out.
IMG_5824.jpeg
IMG_5823.jpeg
IMG_5820.jpeg
IMG_5821.jpeg

How many have burned up so far?
2nd one in two years
So the electrician shorted something out on the truck? Or it just happened due to shitty design?
the official statement is that the evidence is destroyed. I think dude messed something up. Or whoever installed some of the add ons got an un fused power wire where it could arc out and make fire. All of these trucks get inverter’s installed. Here’s a pic of the middle of my floor. That red exposed connection is direct connected to the pos terminal on the battery.
image.jpg

LMAO is that area of the yard the Lot Of Shame?

My guys have taken to putting giant band-aids on all the dents they put in the trucks. On one hand it's funny, on the other hand their my fucking trucks:lmao::homer:
Yes, shame pile. Company is self insured so they eat the cost of these incidents

Burned another new truck down at work. 2023 electricians truck. Shorted something out and when the smoke started rolling he emptied his fire extinguisher into the smoke then stood back and made phone calls while he watched it turn to liquid. Safety guys are praising him for doing what he was trained to do. Stand back and watch it burn instead of risking injury/death trying to put it out.

Looks like with a little paint you can move that bumper/guard combo over to the one with the front pushed in...

2nd one in two years

the official statement is that the evidence is destroyed. I think dude messed something up. Or whoever installed some of the add ons got an un fused power wire where it could arc out and make fire. All of these trucks get inverter’s installed. Here’s a pic of the middle of my floor. That red exposed connection is direct connected to the pos terminal on the battery.
image.jpg

Yes, shame pile. Company is self insured so they eat the cost of these incidents
Seems after losing a couple trucks (or even one) it would be money ahead to throw a gas can and a honda 2000W generator in each truck

Seems after losing a couple trucks (or even one) it would be money ahead to throw a gas can and a honda 2000W generator in each truck
I don’t want that shit in the bed of my truck. Even more crap to maintain, worry about people stealing while I’m asleep. The inverter works fine for hundreds of guys every day. I bet more guys would burn their truck down with a gas generator than the inverter

Shit JR, amazing how it burns everything on that truck. Do you have to repair the environment where it burns?

2nd one in two years

image.jpg

Our safety guys would have a field day with that install... And no one would be driving their trucks until it was fixed.

2nd one in two years

image.jpg

Jeezus can't just throw a little tape on that thing?

industrial-electrician.jpg

Our safety guys would have a field day with that install... And no one would be driving their trucks until it was fixed.
That’s silly. What metal is going to be down there to cause an issue? I’m not wearing spurs. I use jumper cables every single day and batteries with fully exposed posts and cables. Rarely is there an issue to report

Top Back Refresh