What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Hard to see in the picture but building engineers are weirdos.
IMG_7883.jpeg
what am i looking for? :confused:

They only try to grease stuff once it stops working. Zerk in the pin had fresh grease on the tip but the whole time I was torching the roller in half to get at the pin there wasn't a hint of flame or the slightest smell of burning grease when i got to the bearing bores.

Thats just like the guys who run stuff out of oil and then dump a few gallons in before they make the phone call:laughing:

Anyone else thinks that not actually a big deal?
Boom down and put it back on the outriggers:homer:
Operator error. Front driver side outrigger was not in its correct location. The operator did not get it into its locked position because of that pile of rebar. Big no no for these things. All outriggers must be in their locked positions before operating.

Sales : Promises something impossible to management
Management green lights the project
Engineering : We can't do that
Management is now mad at engineering.

Go make it make sense.

Operator error. Front driver side outrigger was not in its correct location. The operator did not get it into its locked position because of that pile of rebar. Big no no for these things. All outriggers must be in their locked positions before operating.
Completely agree but still set it back down and take a breath

Go make it make sense.
that's me (engineering :flipoff2:)

I was complaining at beginning of the program on ridiculous expectation and requirements.

I got pulled of the project/program.

a year later, after their plans failed, I got put back on this.

"I told you it won't be this easy or cheap" :shaking:

this will be fun

Go make it make sense.
Gawd that sounds familiar. Ask the design staff to make sure something is actually possible before putting it on the calendar, K?

Shouldn't that outrigger have a sensor that says if it is not in the right position or not? We have an Upright man lift with outrigger sensors that wont allow the lift to go up unless they are deployed all the way out... not that we havent defeated it before...

Just get a new DEI hire to declare that Newton was part of the patriarchy, therefore his laws are racist, (something)-phobic, and non-inclusive so they don't apply :flipoff2:
You might be onto something here... (european company)

"Stop being a negative thinker and start proposing actionable solutions !"
me to sales and management "have you try open your eyes to actually look at this?"

or

schedule a meeting, screenshare the PowerPoint CAD to point out it's just going to be a pain start to end due to design short sights in multiple ways on the mold tool.

I repeatedly recommended to do a tool design change. That always got shot down. And they went ahead spent tens of thousands on unproved solution on a vendor, which did not work nor a turnkey solution, where we could've used that $ to fix the mold tool design. JFC.

me to sales and management "have you try open your eyes to actually look at this?"
In my yearly performance review it says I need to work on my tendancies to be "blunt".
Apparently there's a sales VP that complained to my boss about me.

We were learning shit like "people won't remember what you told them, but how you made them feel" and they asked for examples. So I told them one coworker made me want to kill myself instead of listening to what thy were sharing and I'd forever remember him for that.

Apparently that wasn't the goal of the training. Go figure.

Sad part is I had to bow down and explain how I was a bad boy for that one.

Top Back Refresh