What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

We don't know why this crowd chain roller stopped turning.....

20240401_125341.jpg

20240401_125257.jpg

20240401_125716.jpg

20240401_125315.jpg

Maybe because it hasn't been greased in 2800hrs? :shaking:
Oh they know why. They complained about it not taking grease months ago, and got told 1 of 2 things.

1 ok, we'll get it after shift
2 its on the list for repair and we'll get it this weekend, keep running.

3months late: fucking lazy ass operator didnt grease it.

In my yearly performance review it says I need to work on my tendancies to be "blunt".
Apparently there's a sales VP that complained to my boss about me.

We were learning shit like "people won't remember what you told them, but how you made them feel" and they asked for examples. So I told them one coworker made me want to kill myself instead of listening to what thy were sharing and I'd forever remember him for that.

Apparently that wasn't the goal of the training. Go figure.

Sad part is I had to bow down and explain how I was a bad boy for that one.
Fuck your feelings:flipoff2:

WTF is it with all the chick think in business? IDGAF what feelers your gonna hurt, JUST TELL ME WTF IS GOING ON. As Dennis Prager says, I prefer clarity over agreement. I also prefer clarity over consideration for my feelings, and I treat others as such. We've all got shit to do, I don't need to waste time worrying about stepping on your toes and I don't want you to waste time worrying about stepping on mine.
Stop making laps around the retard bush and fucking say what you need to say!!!

WTF is it with all the chick think in business? IDGAF what feelers your gonna hurt, JUST TELL ME WTF IS GOING ON. As Dennis Prager says, I prefer clarity over agreement. I also prefer clarity over consideration for my feelings, and I treat others as such. We've all got shit to do, I don't need to waste time worrying about stepping on your toes and I don't want you to waste time worrying about stepping on mine.
Stop making laps around the retard bush and fucking say what you need to say!!!
This would probably get you fired around here :homer:

I also got told by my direct manager I was doing "bad politics" when I pointed out that my department sucked. Apparently I'm supposed to be the "Department champion" when I have to present a report in front of the brass. That got me banned from presenting to the "upper class citizens" for a year or so and thus getting less "visibility" :laughing:

Oh they know why. They complained about it not taking grease months ago, and got told 1 of 2 things.

It's never been greased. Zerk is still new, they just suck.

There are not a lot of tiers on my organizational chart but one of the things that pisses me off most is when an employee is obviously butthurt about something but won't tell me. Nothing worse than something staying wrong for years because " not my job" or " if I say something i'll have to fix it"

The field guys on the other hand will call me and ask "which retard measured this shit" before even checking if it was me :lmao:. That is more my style.

That’s silly. What metal is going to be down there to cause an issue? I’m not wearing spurs. I use jumper cables every single day and batteries with fully exposed posts and cables. Rarely is there an issue to report
I agree 100% - but, just like a lot of things, bigger company = more 'safety' regulations... That being said, I can see where some of the field guys I work with (and how dirty they keep their trucks - not mud, but trash, etc.) would lose a knife, screwdriver, etc. down there and boom. But again, that's a people problem, not a truck problem.

This would probably get you fired around here :homer:

I also got told by my direct manager I was doing "bad politics" when I pointed out that my department sucked. Apparently I'm supposed to be the "Department champion" when I have to present a report in front of the brass. That got me banned from presenting to the "upper class citizens" for a year or so and thus getting less "visibility" :laughing:
I’d take that as a compliment :laughing:

Yeah.
Problem is, I'm fucked for trying to move into management because of shit like that. Which completely hinders my $ potential.

Top level (board and CEO) doesn't give a flying fuck about your feelings. But to get there you have to be a cog in the machine.
“You’ve gotta be a part of the problem to be a part of the solution. “. Was told that years ago by a supervisor I realized in the 15 years since that is more true than false.:laughing:

We'll fix it before this next well.:lmao:

Gawd that sounds familiar. Ask the design staff to make sure something is actually possible before putting it on the calendar, K?

Shouldn't that outrigger have a sensor that says if it is not in the right position or not? We have an Upright man lift with outrigger sensors that wont allow the lift to go up unless they are deployed all the way out... not that we havent defeated it before...
Its been 20 years, but i worked for a pump outfit in Atlanta.
At that time there was nothing like that on any of the Schwing pumps I worked on, even the 52 & 58 meter. IT wasn't uncommon in some multistory jobs to see a pump tight to the building but boomed up, not out, with outriggers partially extended.

But it was also common to pull up to the job and piss the customer off by telling them there is no way I can do that safely.

One of our pumpers was setting up on a job in the morning near where High Voltage Powerlines ran along the road in Calif. The powerlines electricity interfered with his remote as he was opening and swinging around the boom, and the boom( out of control) swung right into the powerlines and there was a big kaboom and like a lighting strike, he luckly jumped off the pump just in time, the electricity went through the whole pump and grounded through the aluminum rims to the ground/dirt. Melted the aluminum rims, blew all the tires off the rims, and burned the rubber tires

IMG_1305.jpg

Customer called out a winch truck for a dock level ride on forklift :homer:

We said we'd go get the right trailer. Customer insisted on doing it right now. POS got stuck on our trailer (as expected), then they called 2 other forklifts over to lift it up. Didn't find center of gravity obviously :lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

DOT caught a low tire on infrared at the 35mph scale ramp.

He stopped me to say "Hey you're all set just wanted to let you know you got a tire getting low on air, axle 3 passenger inside dual."

Okay thanks I appreciate it. Must be he really wasn't in the mood for a hazmat inspection, let me roll on (just had empty residue containers of haz) So once I got back into town I made sure to take advantage of the blessing from MSP and went to the tire shop to find this:

IMG_20240416_150220058_HDR.jpg

That's my luck of course it can't be repaired. Shit like this makes me thankful to be a company driver, pains me to see a nearly new virgin trashed without even having to pay for it.

IMG_20240416_153353691_HDR.jpg

Oh well more hours for me. I either caught it at a lovely Detroit Metro customer or one of the fixing of the damn roads sites.

One of our pumpers was setting up on a job in the morning near where High Voltage Powerlines ran along the road in Calif. The powerlines electricity interfered with his remote as he was opening and swinging around the boom, and the boom( out of control) swung right into the powerlines and there was a big kaboom and like a lighting strike, he luckly jumped off the pump just in time, the electricity went through the whole pump and grounded through the aluminum rims to the ground/dirt. Melted the aluminum rims, blew all the tires off the rims, and burned the rubber tires

Local guy was willing to make anything work. Send him out with the 80, give him a labourer and a lift of 6' 4x6, and he'll get that truck set up and we'll pour!

Then he somehow forgot to put his boom down, folded up the outriggers and drove about 10' before it tipped over on it's side and smashed the forms he'd just filled:laughing:.

3 hours later that bitch was torched into pieces and fuckin gone baby, gone!

Last I heard he's driving slingers now.

DOT caught a low tire on infrared at the 35mph scale ramp.

He stopped me to say "Hey you're all set just wanted to let you know you got a tire getting low on air, axle 3 passenger inside dual."

Okay thanks I appreciate it. Must be he really wasn't in the mood for a hazmat inspection, let me roll on (just had empty residue containers of haz) So once I got back into town I made sure to take advantage of the blessing from MSP and went to the tire shop to find this:

IMG_20240416_150220058_HDR.jpg

That's my luck of course it can't be repaired. Shit like this makes me thankful to be a company driver, pains me to see a nearly new virgin trashed without even having to pay for it.

IMG_20240416_153353691_HDR.jpg

Oh well more hours for me. I either caught it at a lovely Detroit Metro customer or one of the fixing of the damn roads sites.
Eyeball tire gauge or do big trucks have TPMS now that the scale operator can read?

Edit: re-read the post. How does the infrared work?

Top Back Refresh