What's new

RECORD NUMBER OF FREIGHTERS AWAIT OFF CALIFORNIA COAST

you stack the boxes in the same place every time and the crane will drag ruts into the asphalt
shift them over a couple inches every time and the asphalt will compress evenly
Or you pour concrete (either the whole thing, or in strips for both ends of the containers)...

Aaron Z

Or you pour concrete (either the whole thing, or in strips for both ends of the containers)...
this was in a video about a zillion dollar computer controlled crane system, so I think the payoff isn't there versus just shifting the load over as the containers cycle through

Some of the cranes are being automated for better efficiency. They have been working on that for a few years now.

Some of the cranes are being automated for better efficiency. They have been working on that for a few years now.
Without trucks the most efficient crane in the world sits idle. The state set mandates that are not being met in trucking. Meaning new regulations are cutting trucks out of access to the ports.
newsom thinks that if he bans the older trucks truckers will buy newer trucks. that's not happening.

I know that's an over simplified version, but they created the problem, and now they point the finger everywhere else.

Saw a family friend over thanksgiving, he/his company makes custom wheelchairs & similar medical items to help people with issues move around. They've been hit hard by the shipping delays.

what I found interesting, but not necessarily surprising, is the reason he's being delayed. Basically he found out the retailers are paying extra $$ to jump up the unload/transport priority list. IE it may cost him $4k for a container, they're paying $20k to make sure they get this season's goods onto the shelves. So he can't compete and keeps getting pushed down the list

So, ironically I have noticed the media seems to no longer be talking about this. Some sources even say the supply chain issues have eased up. All evidence I have seen points to the co Tracy big time though.

we went to Target in Bangor the other day. I’ve never seen so many empty shelves in a Target in my life. Toy department was seriously wiped out, their holiday section too was shockingly empty and poorly stocked. Empty end caps, even their little bargain basement section was wiped out. Home Depot I am still having trouble getting certain things. It’s really bad.

So, ironically I have noticed the media seems to no longer be talking about this. Some sources even say the supply chain issues have eased up. All evidence I have seen points to the co Tracy big time though.

we went to Target in Bangor the other day. I’ve never seen so many empty shelves in a Target in my life. Toy department was seriously wiped out, their holiday section too was shockingly empty and poorly stocked. Empty end caps, even their little bargain basement section was wiped out. Home Depot I am still having trouble getting certain things. It’s really bad.
That is most likely trucking and store employee related.

Home Depot I am still having trouble getting certain things. It’s really bad.

Thats the construction industry in general. Plumbing and electrical stuff in general is up 2-300% its basic doubling evey year, let alone plywood and studs.

Went to the grocery store today plenty of open shelves. Still have poop paper though!

I went to HD this morning and they have almost zero plastic nail on electrical boxes :eek:
Other than that things looked normal.

I went to HD this morning and they have almost zero plastic nail on electrical boxes :eek:
Other than that things looked normal.
It’s been like that for months. Electrical boxes have been a bitch to find at least since June (that’s when we got to Maine and I went looking for them)

It’s been like that for months. Electrical boxes have been a bitch to find at least since June (that’s when we got to Maine and I went looking for them)
Try finding fiberglass boxes (2 hour rated within 3"...saves us a ton of money on putty pads)...they're basically unavailable and I normally use 1000s per job. Round bar boxes (typically use for light fixtures in the ceiling)...order 500 and get 100. Electrical switchgear....the lead-times to get it is :lmao::mad3:...I'm being told 59 weeks for a 80KW diesel generator. This shit is insane. FJB:flipoff:

How bad of an area do you live in that they lock up the spray paint?
Must be California. They do that statewide. Gotta go hunt down an employee at Home Depot or Lowe’s to unlock the giant cage so you can buy a can of spray paint. Then they I’d you at checkout to make sure you are over 18. Because Kommiefornia of course.

Must be California. They do that statewide. Gotta go hunt down an employee at Home Depot or Lowe’s to unlock the giant cage so you can buy a can of spray paint. Then they I’d you at checkout to make sure you are over 18. Because Kommiefornia of course.
too many kids huffing paint?

too many kids huffing paint?
I think that was their “logic” to it as I recall. But that shit went into effect a very long time ago so I don’t really remember.

iys been quite the treat here in Maine being able to just walk over and grab what I want off the shelf without having to hunt an employee down for the key I must say. Hell even the auto zone and such in CA kept their sprays under lock and key.

Networking gear is still thin along with server parts
Chip shortage is to blame on that one I think.

went to order a new iPad mini for the wife for Xmas today. Looks like they are out to the middle of January for delivery. Got her a refurbed unit from Amazon instead. Still a newer model than what she has and won’t have the hole in the top of the screen her current one does.

I took it to mean the cage it’s stored in that feeds cans out the bottom? My local place has one like that, you pull the can out of the bottom and they can stock new one from the top
No, it's the Kommiefornia thing. The cages are never locked in my area. They're just for show, now.

This completely fell off the public radar. Does that mean they’ve all miraculously been unloaded and everything is back on schedule? I did a quick google search and the most recent article covering it was from December.
Another exercise in how short the American memory is?

This completely fell off the public radar. Does that mean they’ve all miraculously been unloaded and everything is back on schedule? I did a quick google search and the most recent article covering it was from December.
Another exercise in how short the American memory is?
Yeah scary how the media can shift the focus of society to anything they want. They can make a story out of anything they want.

Top Back Refresh