What's new

RECORD NUMBER OF FREIGHTERS AWAIT OFF CALIFORNIA COAST

It's been a month or so since I've been by there, but off HWY 580 near Corral Hollow Rd in Tracy there's hundreds, if not thousands of conex boxes, most till on the transport dolly/trailer. They've never been there before. Not sure if this is related or not.

Mom said they showed on the news they're were dropping them in residential neighborhoods

News said 56 still out there today ,looks like Brandon is getting it done

All brandon needs to do is superceed ca emissions and union rules to allow the o/o’s go and pick the containers up at the dock.

No sense in running cranes around the clock if there are no trucks.

If brandon really wants to stimulate the economy have the .gov pay a additional $.25 a mile bounty for delivering the containers to their final destination.

I have been seeing a lot more container trains the last few months.. Not sure if it's just because of this or if it's just something I have noticed since the ports are so backed up.

I have been seeing a lot more container trains the last few months.. Not sure if it's just because of this or if it's just something I have noticed since the ports are so backed up.
I wonder if, at some point in all this, a glut of empty containers will be here in CONUS and they will get cheap again. Crazy expensive to get one right now!

I wonder if, at some point in all this, a glut of empty containers will be here in CONUS and they will get cheap again. Crazy expensive to get one right now!
fuck yeah, I want like ten or twenty of them

Can't be piled up at the port, if they aren't "at the port"

By one measure, the number of container ships stuck waiting offshore of Los Angeles and Long Beach has plummeted. The logjam hit a peak of 86 container ships offshore on Nov. 16, according to data from the Marine Exchange of Southern California. A week later, it was a mere 61, the lowest since early October.

Problem solved?

Far from it. The waiting container ships are still out there — more of them than ever. It’s just that more are over the horizon, where you can’t see them, thanks to the successful implementation of a new queuing system that began last week.

“The overall flow of container ships and big-picture backup has not changed,” acknowledged Marine Exchange of Southern California Executive Director Kip Louttit.

If you include all of the container ships physically at anchor on Tuesday off LA/LB, plus the ships in holding patterns within 40 miles of the ports, which were counted in the previous queuing system, plus all the ships waiting further afield that are now technically in the queue under the new system, then 93 container vessels were waiting for berths at Los Angeles/Long Beach on Tuesday, a new all-time high.

I see this resulting in a massive dock being built in Mexico, coupled with a highway straight to Arizona with a dedicated truck lane and border entrance. All paid for by our good friends in China.

They are looking at adding an new interstate from Nogales AZ / Mexico to Las Vegas, interstate 11.

Werd especially not to deal with the ****s on the docks. 🤦
no shit. Why do all dock workers get such a god complex. I pick up salt at a dock, they are such the assholes. I get it dealing with truckers all day would make me mad too but this is what your being paid to do.

Don’t get me started on the hours. Who in there fucking right mind stops loading at 1 in the afternoon when there is a ice storm on its way.

no shit. Why do all dock workers get such a god complex. I pick up salt at a dock, they are such the assholes. I get it dealing with truckers all day would make me mad too but this is what your being paid to do.

Don’t get me started on the hours. Who in there fucking right mind stops loading at 1 in the afternoon when there is a ice storm on its way.
When mongo dropped out of 7th grade only to get his GED while on work release for his 2nd DUI his brother pulled some strings and now mongo make 6 figures and wears steel toe Romeo's because he still doesn't know how to tie shoe. Mongo smarter than truck driver because mongo make many munnies.

When mongo dropped out of 7th grade only to get his GED while on work release for his 2nd DUI his brother pulled some strings and now mongo make 6 figures and wears steel toe Romeo's because he still doesn't know how to tie shoe. Mongo smarter than truck driver because mongo make many munnies.
and mongo has a union rep if you have any questions about mongo do job.

I feel like that’s a pretty easy job compared to other operating jobs out there. It also seems like there could be more efficiency by marking on the pavement where the front corner of the boxes need to be
you stack the boxes in the same place every time and the crane will drag ruts into the asphalt
shift them over a couple inches every time and the asphalt will compress evenly

Top Back Refresh