What's new

RECORD NUMBER OF FREIGHTERS AWAIT OFF CALIFORNIA COAST

ChooChoo-Joe-730x548.jpg

Biden Has the Transportation Crisis Well In Hand​

And if it hadn't gotten FUBARed enough

Vaccine Mandate Threatens Major Trucking Disruption, Industry Insiders Say​

BY JACKSON ELLIOTT, CARA DING, ALLAN STEIN, STEVEN KOVAC, JANNIS FALKENSTERN AND NICK CIOLINO

October 24, 2021 Updated: October 24, 2021
biggersmaller
Print
American truckers don’t like taking orders. But the Biden administration has increased pressure on some of them to take the vaccine—willing or unwilling.
All through the pandemic, truckers endured hardships to keep America’s infrastructure running. They waited in line for hours in sight of bathrooms they weren’t allowed to use. On the road, some died alone of COVID-19.
Now, with supply chains disrupted, Americans need them more than ever. But faced with the prospect of a mandated vaccination, many drivers are considering quitting.
“I’d fight it,” said veteran trucker Mike Widdins, referring to vaccine mandates. “I think a lot of us will be quitting. Who likes to be forced to do stuff you don’t want to do?”
Widdins isn’t alone in his willingness to leave trucking if he is required to vaccinate. Polls by trucking publications Commercial Carrier Journal and OverDrive indicate that up to 30 percent of truckers will seriously consider quitting if required to vaccinate. If they quit, the consequences for America may be massive. US Transport estimates that 70 percent of American freight goes by truck.
“It would hurt shipping big-time,” Widdins said.

Article is a lot longer basically a lot of veteran truck drivers are saying Fuck you, we'll quit, Adminstration is trying to get younger people interested, but they don't like the long hours and being away from home.

And if it hadn't gotten FUBARed enough

Article is a lot longer basically a lot of veteran truck drivers are saying Fuck you, we'll quit, Adminstration is trying to get younger people interested, but they don't like the long hours and being away from home.
Enough industries do this and push back it stops. It wont stop till the people say stop

Maybee the admin wants this?
Well they want to hurt the people. That’s plainly obvious to most. As long as businesses keeps playing along by their rules the restrictions and requirements for employment will just get tighter. We went from 2 weeks to flatten the curve to you mush show your papers to work for many companies and do business with many businesses.

Until is safe means never. Burn your mask and just say NO!

Any domestic manufacturing business doing better because of shortages and shipping cost?

Well they want to hurt the people. That’s plainly obvious to most. As long as businesses keeps playing along by their rules the restrictions and requirements for employment will just get tighter. We went from 2 weeks to flatten the curve to you mush show your papers to work for many companies and do business with many businesses.

Until is safe means never. Burn your mask and just say NO!
Look at your governors.

We still have emergency declarations in all 50 states.

Thats an interesting article. Not sure I believe all of it.

It makes you think a bit, if you wanted to have a trade war with china or fuck them over a bit, is this a good way to go about that? Simply not offloading the goods will eventually cause things to back up in china and could cause them some financial distress. Not saying thats whats going on, but makes me wonder. With the ships sitting offshore, who's losing there ass right now?

Also, I don't recall them doing single use containers back when I was a kid. This was back in the 80s and 90s and I was living in the LA area. I know you could buy containers, but don't ever recall the marketing or availability like we see today. Maybe I was young and never noticed back then, but it never seemed like we had an oversupply of containers. I doubt it would take 40yrs to overload us on containers so I'm guessing someone had a bright idea not too long ago and its now backfiring?

So… All ports are stacked to the brim with empty containers. Trucks that haul boxes aren’t being allowed back into the ports with empty’s.

Why can’t we buy surplus boxes for $500 bucks right now? I’ll take 6. Prefer high cubes but would settle for standard 40’s in the one trip flavor. $500 per plus shipping or I’ll come get them one at a time.

I understand that the port doesn’t own the boxes. The shipping companies do. Run it like a towing yard or a storage facility. Give them a certain amount of time to come get them. After that the boxes become property of the lot and they can sell them

Thats an interesting article. Not sure I believe all of it.

It makes you think a bit, if you wanted to have a trade war with china or fuck them over a bit, is this a good way to go about that? Simply not offloading the goods will eventually cause things to back up in china and could cause them some financial distress. Not saying thats whats going on, but makes me wonder. With the ships sitting offshore, who's losing there ass right now?
I dunno, seems as effective as when prisoners go on hunger strike and stop eating…only hurts themselves. We export so little by comparison that not importing only hurts us short and long term.

I dunno, seems as effective as when prisoners go on hunger strike and stop eating…only hurts themselves. We export so little by comparison that not importing only hurts us short and long term.
And this is why nothing is being loaded to go back to Asia except empty’s

So… All ports are stacked to the brim with empty containers. Trucks that haul boxes aren’t being allowed back into the ports with empty’s.

Why can’t we buy surplus boxes for $500 bucks right now? I’ll take 6. Prefer high cubes but would settle for standard 40’s in the one trip flavor. $500 per plus shipping or I’ll come get them one at a time.
werd, I'd buy 50 of them at $500
25 at 1k

There is a shop along 97 in OR someone built 3 walls out of the big containers, 3 high, 2 long on each long side with a steel truss roof spanning the whole deal. There wasn't a front on it last time I was by but that was years ago.

Same! I’ve got 10 acres, I can stack and store a bunch.

That video above said there is a surplus of like 380,000 + containers in the way right now.
I'd almost bet on it being something else entirely
like how whenever labor shortages are reported on none of them reference any of the actual reasons people are quitting their jobs

because last I looked, containers are still stupid expensive, much higher than they've ever been before

I'd almost bet on it being something else entirely
because last I looked, containers are still stupid expensive, much higher than they've ever been before
That’s what I don’t understand. There’s a shortage of containers inland and 380,000 of them in the dam way all around our shores. Highest I’ve ever seen them priced. That’s exactly why I asked the question, why can’t I pick em up for $500 again.

There is a shop along 97 in OR someone built 3 walls out of the big containers, 3 high, 2 long on each long side with a steel truss roof spanning the whole deal. There wasn't a front on it last time I was by but that was years ago.
Cody Waggoner built exactly what you described out at Johnson Valley. Edit: Stacked 1 hi, 3 walls with a pro panel roof on trusses. I want to do the same.

Cody Waggoner built exactly what you described out at Johnson Valley. Edit: Stacked 1 hi, 3 walls with a pro panel roof on trusses. I want to do the same.
Such a rad concept and it could be done reasonably cheap too.

That’s what I don’t understand. There’s a shortage of containers inland and 380,000 of them in the dam way all around our shores. Highest I’ve ever seen them priced. That’s exactly why I asked the question, why can’t I pick em up for $500 again.
Probably because they are all owned by container pools who don't want to sell them, but also don't want to pay what the port wants to get them unloaded and put back on a ship to head to China.

Aaron Z

Probably because they are all owned by container pools who don't want to sell them, but also don't want to pay what the port wants to get them unloaded and put back on a ship to head to China.

Aaron Z
We’ve already established all of that.

Now if only they’d make a small change to make space and start dumping containers cheap.

Top Back Refresh