What's new

Rapey Snap-On Tools

This one's been in my cart for a few weeks now. I know it's a good deal, but I'd rather barter work for it than just buy it. Make them all special and whatnot

I worked as a line mechanic for a few years , always paid for my SO tools no account .once I started at a huge utility co ., we would purchase from a SO distributor warehouse salesman . At lease 50% discount from truck price . Call on the phone with a card number , delivered next day . I purchased plenty this way . I have had to have many replaced from the truck salesman . Local guy is not happy , he says “ you have never purchased one tool from me ! All you ever want is warranty replacement !” I stood there and said I don’t see anything that says “ if you didn’t buy it from me , I will not warranty it . If you want me warranty through the man I purchased from , maybe give me a shovel so I can dig his azz up ! He died 30 years ago .” He doesn’t say a word to me anymore other than “you have more SO tools at your home than 90% of mechanics I sell to . “ I get a bit upset that my screwdriver handles are crumbling and replacements do not match old handles remaining in the set

Why not just contact snappy and send em in?

Hell, last time I had a warranty I did that and they just sent a new tool. I asked if they want the old one returned and they said no.

I try and do it that way cause if I use a truck (random cause I live in the sticks) I wind up buying something cause it's just how I roll. Dude ain't making shit off me unless I buy something...anything. I usually can find something I want/need anyway.

Some of you that sign the back of the check instead of the front probably don't get it.

Those are pimp. A buddy has the icon set that's ratcheting on one end and they're handy as hell. Been trying to convince myself to buy them. :laughing:
You should buy a set, it says if you do, you get 220 star rewards :flipoff2:

Fuggin' internet commandoes,

Lets get this back on the track with some more tool pron:flipoff2:

Like DNelly, if the right deal comes along I plan on picking up some 1/4" and 3/8" FL80s.

Have Capri XL double box end wrenches coming. They will come in handy.

I use the hell.out of mine. Welcome addition to any tool box.

Why not just contact snappy and send em in?

Hell, last time I had a warranty I did that and they just sent a new tool. I asked if they want the old one returned and they said no.

I try and do it that way cause if I use a truck (random cause I live in the sticks) I wind up buying something cause it's just how I roll. Dude ain't making shit off me unless I buy something...anything. I usually can find something I want/need anyway.

Some of you that sign the back of the check instead of the front probably don't get it.
This is a big reason I bought a shit ton of tools from SO tool truck guys. If he was a good dude and worked with me, I’d buy something most every time he’d stop into the store. Even though I wasn’t turning wrenches for a living the majority of the time I worked at equipment dealerships, I still bought tools from snappy almost as much as the techs did.

The snappy tool truck guys have to earn a living and I had no problem supporting them. I knew it was a tough gig for them due to chasing deadbeats down and dealing with the Karen attitude wannabe mechanics at a lot of their stops.

I’m not around that atmosphere anymore with my current job and I don’t really look for tool truck guys to stop at when I’m out and about. I’ll buy snap on tools at swap meets of eBay nowadays.

Warranty stuff? I had an old Mac dead blow ball peen hammer that had the outer plastic handle stuff coming apart. Called Mac and they asked me to ship it to them. So I did and in a few days a new one arrived with an orange handle instead of black but I don’t care about that. It’s the only thing I’ve warranted since not being around the tool guys anymore. SO was the only consistent tool guy to ever show up too. Had a Mac guy in the late 80’s early 90’s then he passed away from cancer. Never saw a Mac guy until the late 2000’s and that was maybe 6 months and he was gone. There was a cornwell tool guy for a while but it was like visiting a mobile harbor freight tool truck imo and I never bought anything from him. Matco pissed me off in the early 90’s not standing behind their pos tool box. Traded it in for a SO box and never bought anything matco since.

I use the hell.out of mine. Welcome addition to any tool box.

It came in today, looking forward to putting them to work. Included roll pouch is very nice.

A friend will be dropping by tomorrow with a new to him '97 Camry which we will baseline.

Attachments

• 20240415_162429.jpg
    20240415_162429.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240415_162548.jpg
    20240415_162548.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240415_172924.jpg
    20240415_172924.jpg
    743 KB · Views: 3
Here is why you buy a nice box. that junk is worthless in time.

Marketplace-Tool-Box-Facebook.png

That is a great for sale ad.

I've got a snapon box at work I bought new. No way I'm getting close to what I paid for it if I was to try and sell it. 50% might be doable though the amount of cash buyers in that price range are pretty slim though. With inflation it might be catching up. I believe the retail price on the box has gone up a lot since I bought it.

Here is why you buy a nice box. that junk is worthless in time.

Marketplace-Tool-Box-Facebook.png

When I got my used Snapon box a few years ago I traded for the equivalent of $3500 on a box that is currently $8150. I sold my 41" HF the next day for $250 and I paid $279 new for it. I've always wanted a Snapon box but they depreciate hard compared to HF stuff.

When I got my used Snapon box a few years ago I traded for the equivalent of $3500 on a box that is currently $8150. I sold my 41" HF the next day for $250 and I paid $279 new for it. I've always wanted a Snapon box but they depreciate hard compared to HF stuff.
Your sample size of 1 might be a little skewed by you selling to an absolute sucker :laughing:. Would you pay $250 for a used hf box that's only $30 under new? I wouldn't

the implication in that ancient post was that since they're paying with stolen money they aren't actually paying for anything
Ah, I thought it was just an example that nobody would be dumb enough to pay list, except for the government because it's all made up.

Snap on list is so made up, they don't even charge the government list.

Your sample size of 1 might be a little skewed by you selling to an absolute sucker :laughing:. Would you pay $250 for a used hf box that's only $30 under new? I wouldn't

In fairness I was using Snapon buyer logic of I bought this thing in 2010 and I can still sell it for pretty much what I paid for it. When I sold it the equivalent at HF went for $450 or $500. If you watch marketplace HF boxes pricing as a percentage of new tend to be higher then Snapon and they sell.

Or buy good used tool truck boxes and lose no money :flipoff2:

I bought a top and bottom stack probably 20 years ago that was a Snap-on repo'ed for $750 could probably sell it for $500 right now. Not worth trying to replace it though.

About 2 months ago my tool guy dropped off a repo'ed Cornwell power cart at my home shop. Looks like it wasn't used, liners have no tool imprints or dirt and cord's still bagged and all. Less than half price.

I've said numerous times you can buy a good used box for the same price as HF. Not saying that stuff doesn't have it's spot. Just saying in 10 years there will likely be no replacement parts for them. Meantime, I can't even get a replacement lock for my HF cart.

Took a car in for annual inspection, Snap On truck dropped by while I was there to check up on shop guys.

Both of these have been on my shopping list for a good while...
36oz?
Sometimes I wish I bought the big one
What say the hive mind? 5lbs mini sledge or buy their biggest hammer?

36oz?
Sometimes I wish I bought the big one
What say the hive mind? 5lbs mini sledge or buy their biggest hammer?
32 OZ

Look into Trusty Cook, they sell blems as well.
Almost pulled a trigger on the set last week.

I really dislike those deadblow hammers, they tire you out because they don't bounce like a hammer should

Top Back Refresh