What's new

Rapey Snap-On Tools

Who the fuck sells tools? That's like worrying about the resale value of pussy when considering a wife. :homer:

Find me rebuild kits for these ratchets. I'll take 2 in 3/8" and 2 in 1/2".

PXL_20240329_183943891.jpg

Everyone discontinues support for superseded items, it ain't just the brands that you don't like.
Looks like you can convert them to something more modern. My SO driver would just hand you a new one, he does that with unsupported tools. Get yourself a better driver?
:flipoff2:

Who the fuck sells tools? That's like worrying about the resale value of pussy when considering a wife. :homer:

Everyone discontinues support for superseded items, it ain't just the brands that you don't like.

I will sell off 80% of my tools when I retire. I just won’t need as much stuff and I have tools at home.

Unless those are no warranty US military tools a snapon dealer should warranty them out if they can’t rebuild them.

So I can start ordering rebuild kits until I find one that fits like the guys in that thread that don't confirm that any of them work? Good idea, seems perfectly acceptable for this thread. Spend more converting a 20 tooth ratchet to a 30 tooth than just buying a decent 90 tooth in another brand. :flipoff2:

I don't have a strap-on driver, one of the guys mentioned having one stop by and I told him to get fucked. I've had a few people show the ratchets to the local drivers and I get the same "as is, where is military tool, sorry" from all of them. Maybe if I spent 6 figures with a tool truck they'd trade me an ancient shitty ratchet for a shiny new one. Guess I'm missing out. :laughing:

So I can start ordering rebuild kits until I find one that fits like the guys in that thread that don't confirm that any of them work? Good idea, seems perfectly acceptable for this thread. Spend more converting a 20 tooth ratchet to a 30 tooth than just buying a decent 90 tooth in another brand. :flipoff2:

I don't have a strap-on driver, one of the guys mentioned having one stop by and I told him to get fucked. I've had a few people show the ratchets to the local drivers and I get the same "as is, where is military tool, sorry" from all of them. Maybe if I spent 6 figures with a tool truck they'd trade me an ancient shitty ratchet for a shiny new one. Guess I'm missing out. :laughing:
So, you are a belligerent ass and wonder why you get treated as such? Oh, I guess we all knew that:flipoff2:

I will sell off 80% of my tools when I retire. I just won’t need as much stuff and I have tools at home.

Unless those are no warranty US military tools a snapon dealer should warranty them out if they can’t rebuild them.
No warranty .gov ratchets.
came here to say that rebuild kits for newer(ish) tools are in the 20's of dollhairs. I saw half a dozen of those FV71 on fleabay for 30 bucks. Just buy all the ratchets on there and you'll have all the parts you need. DWT

Another great idea, buy 20 shitty ratchets for more than a decent new one. :laughing:

Reactions: DMG

Another great idea, buy 20 shitty ratchets for more than a decent new one. :laughing:

Someone smuggled those ratchets off base in their keister. That’s why no warranty :flipoff2:

I picked up a ton of USA Craftsman at a yard sale. Guy had 20-30 sockets sets each in 1/4 and 3/8 drive, SAE and Metric (mostly SAE sadly), shallow and deep, like 30 spark plug sockets, wrench sets, etc etc. I asked if he would take $100 for the whole lot and he said yes:eek: I will never run out of Craftsman USA sockets now and have plenty of sockets to cut up for specialty jobs or give to my kids to fuck around with. I think I have pics of it all somewhere...

I have a big box of old craftsman stuff upstairs at my shop. Been giving them to friends and using them as tools to modify for year. The box is still full.

Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents :flipoff2:

I want a couple snap on ratchets. 80t regular length 1/4 and 3/8 with the red hard handles. I want them enough to follow the eBay auctions just about weekly, but not enough to hit buy it now on the new ones. I've never seen one sell for far enough under new MSRP to be worth messing with. Harbor freight stuff might sell for 50% of retail, but the snap on seems to go 75%+ and adjusts itself for inflation

Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents :flipoff2:

I want a couple snap on ratchets. 80t regular length 1/4 and 3/8 with the red hard handles. I want them enough to follow the eBay auctions just about weekly, but not enough to hit buy it now on the new ones. I've never seen one sell for far enough under new MSRP to be worth messing with. Harbor freight stuff might sell for 50% of retail, but the snap on seems to go 75%+ and adjusts itself for inflation
Just bought a stubby flex 3/8" for 40% off regular price today. Our driver has sales like this all the time. If you want a specific color you may be fooked though. I don't care if my stuff matches, just want it to work. My toolbox looks like the UN:laughing:

20 does not equal half a dozen. you posted for parts for ancient tools, I helped. if those are broken and unwarrantable like you say, toss them and quit using them in your "snap on is shit tools" argument. if they mean something to you, like some of my dads old snappy tools, then I'd pay whatever it takes to fix them and keep using them.(within reason of course).

I visited one of the annual swap meets here locally this past weekend. I got a good fix on my tool addiction fix in.

A bunch of new tools in there too. Milwaukee cordless blower and sawzall, vice grips and a new evolution steel blade in the package.

I picked up a bunch of new end mill bits and center drills etc etc. a huge bag of black zip ties.

No snap on tools were there I have on my hit list.

Nice haul and fix for my addiction :laughing:

IMG_3761.jpeg

20 does not equal half a dozen. you posted for parts for ancient tools, I helped. if those are broken and unwarrantable like you say, toss them and quit using them in your "snap on is shit tools" argument. if they mean something to you, like some of my dads old snappy tools, then I'd pay whatever it takes to fix them and keep using them.(within reason of course).
They are unwarrantable but I've never said snap on tools are shit. I know they're good, just way overpriced more often than not and it's mostly fanbois that preach their praises.

I'm contemplating welding them together face to face and making a shift handle for my daily. They were my dad's so they do have some meaning to me.

I’m

Ten bucks says those were made by Gray Tools (not China). I bet you the 1/4 drive stuff is a match. I’ll grab a pic of mine later. I don’t have 3/8 here but I am sure I could get you those parts and ship them

I’m

Ten bucks says those were made by Gray Tools (not China). I bet you the 1/4 drive stuff is a match. I’ll grab a pic of mine later. I don’t have 3/8 here but I am sure I could get you those parts and ship them
gray like gray pneumatic/graco?

What the ratchet looks like:

Rebuild kits are sold out but these are coarse spline industrial ratchets. Pretty sure mine in the basement is 20t

Rebuild kit

I’m

I have 2 in each size. The 1/4 drive are tits, tiny little bastards I keep with my RC stuff.

I really like the smaller ones since they aren't clapped out and skipping yet. I'll see if the kit fits them so I always have backup for them. Thanks!:smokin:

I have 2 in each size. The 1/4 drive are tits, tiny little bastards I keep with my RC stuff.

I really like the smaller ones since they aren't clapped out and skipping yet. I'll see if the kit fits them so I always have backup for them. Thanks!:smokin:
I just oiled mine up. Literally found it in the gutter in front of my mom’s house. Seized and wouldn’t move. Never even took it apart… just kept oiling it and flushing it out. Works great, just checked it, it appears to be 18T

Edit: took it apart just for you except I didn’t take the selector apart. It is 18T

Attachments

• IMG_5424.jpeg
    IMG_5424.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5425.jpeg
    IMG_5425.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

I've seen them warrantied by people over the years for a standard ratchet but if you're a **** to the dealer they won't do it. I'm pretty sure their warranty actually states to the original purchaser which you are not. So sounds like they didn't really do anything wrong here does it?

I've seen them warrantied by people over the years for a standard ratchet but if you're a **** to the dealer they won't do it. I'm pretty sure their warranty actually states to the original purchaser which you are not. So sounds like they didn't really do anything wrong here does it?
I didn't say they did anything wrong, just that they officially have no warranty and no repair parts are available. If there is a kit that can be retrofit to get them working again that's great but officially they're scrap metal. :homer:

Fuggin' internet commandoes,

Lets get this back on the track with some more tool pron:flipoff2:

Like DNelly, if the right deal comes along I plan on picking up some 1/4" and 3/8" FL80s.

Have Capri XL double box end wrenches coming. They will come in handy.

Fuggin' internet commandoes,

Lets get this back on the track with some more tool pron:flipoff2:

Like DNelly, if the right deal comes along I plan on picking up some 1/4" and 3/8" FL80s.

Have Capri XL double box end wrenches coming. They will come in handy.
Those are pimp. A buddy has the icon set that's ratcheting on one end and they're handy as hell. Been trying to convince myself to buy them. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh