What's new

Rapey Snap-On Tools

1000041175.jpg

I know some of yall frequent garagejournal..

this is a decent thread that has many crossover numbers to tool truck equivalent's. I.e. snapon=williams, etc

The Truck Tool Equivalents Thread - Gathering Data
Unfortunately if you actually look at most of them they clearly are different.

First one mentioned

Is

I see this shit all the time. It is a bunch of brokedicks with gas station knives and HF tools explaining to people that actually know, how we are paying too much. They are usually wearing velcro shoes and driving a Mazda that they are sure is as good as a Lexus.

Last edited:
my dad's got one of them, somewhere

still got the rubber in it too, so you know how often it gets used

First one mentioned

Is

I see this shit all the time. It is a bunch of brokedicks with gas station knives and HF tools explaining to people that actually know, how we are paying too much. They are usually wearing velcro shoes and driving a Mazda that they are sure is as good as a Lexus.
You have to verify....there are 20 pages there. For some things there are no substitutes

You have to verify....there are 20 pages there. For some things there are no substitutes
I just googled the first thing listed…

People think it looks like something so it is something.

I can verify with hands on experience, Williams hard handle screwdrivers are now an exact match to Snap On. They used to be slightly different in some trivial way, but the ones I just got a few months ago are identical minus the logo

I can verify with hands on experience, Williams hard handle screwdrivers are now an exact match to Snap On. They used to be slightly different in some trivial way, but the ones I just got a few months ago are identical minus the logo
They used to be blue and gray normal shaped handles on the Williams.. not 4 sided. I know this because the mechanics at the a power plant I worked at had a whole drawer full of them. As the plant electrician I took great pride in driving the shaft through the handle of their screwdrivers when using them as a chisel.

Last edited:

First one mentioned

Is

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

They used to be blue and gray normal shaped handles on the Williams.. not 4 sided. I know this because the mechanics at the a power plant I worked at had a whole drawer full of them. As the plant electrician I took great pride in driving the shaft through the handle of their screwdrivers when using them as a chisel.
Well, ain’t you a bowel of Cheerios

Tools beats no tools, a better tool brings that extra oomph to the table.

A shitty mechanic/craftsman whatever likely cannot get full potential out of either.

Also fk justifying tools to anyone, use what works and have a blast. We are certainly better off vs gamers/folk who couldn't find the correct end of a hammer.

You can break anything used outside of its design parameters, I am sure most of us here are guilty:laughing:

Reactions: DMG
You can break anything used outside of its design parameters, I am sure most of us here are guilty:laughing:

It was more just for the reaction from the mechanics when they found it back in its special little double layer foam cut out in the drawer after an outage overhaul inventory.

All in all, the Williams of that vintage were pretty shitty screwdrivers.

I rarely grab a snap on out of my home box either, I much rather turn Klein.

Last edited:
A skilled individual with some shit tools can still kick a hack with some high dollar tools ass too. I'm somewhere in between most days.:flipoff2:
^ x100

Some of those YouTube fellas, what with $60k plus of shiny never used tools inside of $100k worth of boxes use it for clicks/influencing.

I will continue on with my beat to crap tool boxes and variety of tools that suit my needs.

Look at them folks from Mexico, India, Pakistan, Africa etc. They build airplanes with hand tools:laughing:

I have always used long Channelocks.
Keeping ones digits intact is a priority (cut off my right hand pinkie years ago, speaking from exp).
Vice grips work more betterer.

And for those of you that work around farms, broken or discarded fingers off the gathering rolls on combine bean heads make awesome punches. Idk if they are hardened, they act like it. They snap rather than bend. That's my go to to get seized and rusty hydro pins out. Some poor sap holding the snapped finger with vice grips and me swinging my purse.

Screenshot_20240502-140727_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Fingers look like this unbroken, they normally snap between the two ridges. Leaving a ridge so the fanger doesn't slip out of the vice grip when your beating on shit.

Tools beats no tools, a better tool brings that extra oomph to the table.

A shitty mechanic/craftsman whatever likely cannot get full potential out of either.

Also fk justifying tools to anyone, use what works and have a blast. We are certainly better off vs gamers/folk who couldn't find the correct end of a hammer.

This is true. Crappy tools beat no tools every time. Use what you have.

However the people always comparing HF etc to Snapon are clowns and should be called on it.

Vice grips work more betterer.

And for those of you that work around farms, broken or discarded fingers off the gathering rolls on combine bean heads make awesome punches. Idk if they are hardened, they act like it. They snap rather than bend. That's my go to to get seized and rusty hydro pins out. Some poor sap holding the snapped finger with vice grips and me swinging my purse.

Screenshot_20240502-140727_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Fingers look like this unbroken, they normally snap between the two ridges. Leaving a ridge so the fanger doesn't slip out of the vice grip when your beating on shit.
I don’t work on much farm equipment so I use shock or strut rods. They aren’t super hard but they are free and come in good sizes. They are great for when you have to weld or grind them to make something.

This is true. Crappy tools beat no tools every time. Use what you have.

However the people always comparing HF etc to Snapon are clowns and should be called on it.
I see you post all the time with some level head, and being constructive.

This is a battle that cannot be won, sort of like Chevy vs Ford, Casio vs Rolex etc.

If I worked in a professional capacity much like yourself, I am certain as I progress tools would be upgraded to match the need. Sadly some just think $9 HF ratchet will perform the same, not a chance.

Then again with HF stores all over one can buy 3 or so, exchange damaged one on their way home. All the while they knock out work uninterrupted.

Truth of the matter is some of the new tools available have closed the quality gap. Good for us, diy/pros folk.

Top Back Refresh