What's new

Project Siclone

If I'm following another forum correctly, you'll be driving this up to VA for a small meet this weekend? And the Audi is coming too?

I'm only about 30 mins away. Never been to any sort of car audio event before.

Yes, Nick and I will both be there. He's bringing the Audi.

Send Ian (naiku) a message on that forum for the address. Could even post in the thread that you're coming just to hear the cars so he can account for an additional person for the catering.

If I'm following another forum correctly, you'll be driving this up to VA for a small meet this weekend? And the Audi is coming too?

I'm only about 30 mins away. Never been to any sort of car audio event before.

You should go. Even if you're not an audiophile it is fun and really cool to see the craftsmanship/creativity in the builds.

Send Ian (naiku) a message on that forum for the address. Could even post in the thread that you're coming just to hear the cars so he can account for an additional person for the catering.
Same place as last time? Or somewhere different? I've got a ton of stuff to do anyways... :frown:

Yea I got on the list a few weeks ago.

You should go. Even if you're not an audiophile it is fun and really cool to see the craftsmanship/creativity in the builds.

Planning on it since it is so close.

I have a 3 way active setup in my F150 but definitely pales in comparison to anything PT or the diy guys build.

even if you aren't a recreational user of drugs, you should go to experience what sound actually looks like and how to taste the music :rasta:

Same place as last time? Or somewhere different? I've got a ton of stuff to do anyways... :frown:

Different place.

Take a look at this discussion and contact Ian (naiku) for his address. We’ll be at his house

Yea I got on the list a few weeks ago.

Planning on it since it is so close.

I have a 3 way active setup in my F150 but definitely pales in comparison to anything PT or the diy guys build.

I plan on tuning for guys that want it Friday afternoon/evening. What processor are you running and does it need anything in regard to the tune?

Different place.

Take a look at this discussion and contact Ian (naiku) for his address. We’ll be at his house

I plan on tuning for guys that want it Friday afternoon/evening. What processor are you running and does it need anything in regard to the tune?

I'd love to see all of the stuff, but that's the wrong end of the state for me. Too many honey-do's for me, have fun... :flipoff2:

I have a JL TWK88 in my truck. I'm happy with it as is but I'm sure after this weekend I may have different feelings about it :laughing:

I might come out Friday just to hang out and see how others go about tuning. This was my first attempt at it so I'm sure there are areas I can work on.

Also might snag a set of those SI mids and woofers if they sound as good as the internet says :flipoff2:

Well, I made a mount for one of my 3" mids/widebands tonight.

1671680529748.png

Got some steel mesh to use as a grille. With this I could form it to the shape of the factory door card and staple/bond it in place. Needs a slight amount of filler to blend it to the door.

You can see the 3 behind the grille.
1671727907883.png

Another shot
1671727919923.png

Location relative to listening position.
1671727929404.png

Got some material for the doors. It's unbacked, but I'll foam it before I put it on. Being unbacked makes it a little more of a pain to work into the concave section, but it'll be nicer to work with once I apply it to headliner material.

Anyway, here's the material. I wanted something that looks factory and has high wear resistance since it's going on the arm rest. A local upholstery shop is closing after 50 years in business so I scooped up the last of this material. Here's a dry fit to see how it looks against the door panel. Never mind the wave in the pattern, this is an unbacked, unglued test to see how it looks.

I know the pattern is going to distort due to the concave sections at the front and rear of the insert. Not a lot I can do about that. Even the factory insert has some distortion in it. There's not a lot of stretch in the material anyway...making it that much more of a PITA to work with.
1671741128599.png

Factory panel.
1671741142022.png

Messed with it some today. Pulled the upper dash and applied three layers of Second Skin Damplifier Pro.

Anyway, a couple of videos. It’s funny seeing the TM65 MkIVs do their thing in the dash. :laughing:

Bouncing through the test/demo playlist.

is there no worry on the contact to the surround? Or is the video decieving, its not touching? I love that collins track, I bet it sounds great at full tilt!:smokin:

is there no worry on the contact to the surround? Or is the video decieving, its not touching? I love that collins track, I bet it sounds great at full tilt!:smokin:

Yeah, no contact. The surround cannot get wider and the ID of that mounting plate is slightly larger than the OD of the surround.

Here’s the playlist I use for test/tune/demos:

Not sure how I missed this thread, very cool.

Aaron Z

There’s a SQ meet in Pulaski, VA the 4th. I’ll be there with this thing and tuning vehicles.

Nick will have the Audi there as well.

There’s a SQ meet in Pulaski, VA the 4th. I’ll be there with this thing and tuning vehicles.

That would be a 9 hour drive each way, will have to follow from afar for now.
Perhaps down the road if one happens to fall when we are down that way visiting family in SE VA...

Aaron Z

That would be a 9 hour drive each way, will have to follow from afar for now.
Perhaps down the road if one happens to fall when we are down that way visiting family in SE VA...

Aaron Z

There will likely be another event in NC in May.

We have a NY guy coming down for this meet.

I had a guy message me today saying he came through town at 5am and thought about getting in touch to hear the xB.

I told him my alarm went off at 4. He missed out. 😂

Wish I could make it out there. It would be awesome to see your work in person. Plus I would love to get some advice and see what you could do to make my truck sound better. But 4hrs one way is a little too far when I've got 2 little kids in tow.

You all ever do anything over in Newport News area? Richmond?

Any update on the barbers truck?
He broke the shell that someone else built. The part I built was stronger and with 6 15s on 30,000Watts the shell broke.

Currently he’s having engine issues.
Wish I could make it out there. It would be awesome to see your work in person. Plus I would love to get some advice and see what you could do to make my truck sound better. But 4hrs one way is a little too far when I've got 2 little kids in tow.

You all ever do anything over in Newport News area? Richmond?

I have about a 4 1/2hr drive myself.

I’ll post up where we’ll be as they come up.

Well…

I’m not going to Pulaski.

Got a call at 3:45 this morning that my dad passed.

If any of you assholes are in the central KY area and want to hear my POS, I could probably use a break. Brother and I have to deal with all his stuff. Going to be a busy few weeks.

Well…

I’m not going to Pulaski.

Got a call at 3:45 this morning that my dad passed.

If any of you assholes are in the central KY area and want to hear my POS, I could probably use a break. Brother and I have to deal with all his stuff. Going to be a busy few weeks.
Damn!
Sorry to hear this!!

Top Back Refresh