What's new

Need the wrong tool for the job.

All thread through all of it and wall with big washers or plates hasn’t been tried yet?

Not looking to try and get too creative here at this point. For those of you that have a pile of 2x4s or other material laying around, some of the suggestions are great and would be perfect for you.

In my case, I gotta go to town to buy it anyway, so instead of $9 for a board I may as well pay $18 for the tool because I'll use it more than twice.
Plus the tool is cleaner and easier. No need to measure, no need to cut, no need to waste lumber every time for different needed length.

Not looking to try and get too creative here at this point. For those of you that have a pile of 2x4s or other material laying around, some of the suggestions are great and would be perfect for you.

In my case, I gotta go to town to buy it anyway, so instead of $9 for a board I may as well pay $18 for the tool because I'll use it more than twice.
Plus the tool is cleaner and easier. No need to measure, no need to cut, no need to waste lumber every time for different needed length.
$9 for a 2X4? Where do you live, on the moon?

I'm guessing he lives in 2021 COVID pricing :laughing:

Current bay area HD pricing for 8 footers:

1707258210716.png

I don’t think he lives on the moon, but she thinks her time is worth something.

Drive to town and back, fuel, depreciation of lesbaru, 2x4, windshield because she didn’t put the 2x4 on the lesbaru, but instead put it in the car and shut the rear hatch. Then stopping at the pharmacy for some penicillin to clear up those genital warts. That’s probably all of 9 dollars.

Then it really gets tough, how is she going to measure and cut this 2x4?
To boot, forgot to purchase any fasteners to secure the massive vault to the wall. Back to the store in the lesbaru with the busted out windshield.

Just did a quick lazy search it was the first number I saw. Just looked again and it's pressure treated.
Whatever. End result doesn't change. Tool is awesome, needed cheaper alternatives for similar tool at lower price. Ending up with exact same tool at half price. Happy camper.

Just did a quick lazy search it was the first number I saw. Just looked again and it's pressure treated.
Whatever. End result doesn't change. Tool is awesome, needed cheaper alternatives for similar tool at lower price. Ending up with exact same tool at half price. Happy camper.
So is it fixed yet? How did you secure it once you got it held in place?

Once it's in place 2 screws into each stud. Should be good to be fully loaded and weighed down no worries.
What is the material the cabinet is made out of, does anything structural line up with the studs? Do you own more than 4 screws? Maybe it is just me, but when it comes to cheap assurance on things not falling off the wall (esp once they have already) I would prob go with more screws. And not drywall screws, and ones with a wide head/washer on them. No such thing as 'overbuilt' on the simple to do things.

Should be like 8 screws total, going through the (oak?) and into stud. I'll decide if washers will be needed when I get going on it after the first set of screws are in. Decking screws.

Should be like 8 screws total, going through the (oak?) and into stud. I'll decide if washers will be needed when I get going on it after the first set of screws are in. Decking screws.

Um, then are you going to remove the screws and add washers? Or just keep adding screws till you're happy?

1 screw in each stud. Check for strength and how solid it feels.
If I'm not confident in it at that point, back out the 4 screws one by one, add washers, and send 4 more with washers into it.

20 years and you can't fix a cabinet or install a brake controller?

Yikes.

Brake controller isn’t needed
Transmission cooler isn’t needed
Proper RV sealer isn’t needed
Phishes for peoples PII…

You’re an ass for suggesting otherwise

How much force are you applying to test strength? Are you applying it consistently? Is it repeatable?

What are you using to measure your confidence? Is it a unit of measurement or a feeling of measurement?

What are you using to drive the screws? Are you over tightening them the second run in?

Lots of questions about your methods and quality of work here.

Use two of your husbands finest China plates, smack a small hole in the middle of them, now you have extra displacement washers. Don’t over torque the fasteners, think of the China plate washers as bellvilles. Their torques will adapt to climate change

It’s funny that you’re still responding. Don’t let us have that head space. You’ve got a plan that works for you and that’s all you need.

Now, try not being a pussy and post pics when done.

You’re an ass for suggesting otherwise
Remember how people thought my wiring on brake controller was a problem and it turned out my wiring was perfect?
Yeah, that was awesome. Also how only me and like 1 or 2 other people correctly guessed it could be a faulty controller?
Awesome. Pretty silly to add a tranny cooler to a Tundra that already came with one. That was a good one.

It’s funny that you’re still responding. Don’t let us have that head space. You’ve got a plan that works for you and that’s all you need.

Now, try not being a pussy and post pics when done.
All good. I'm bored today between projects so might as well BS on here.
It's funny how some people are in a hurry for me to get this one done, though.:laughing:

Gonna have to wait a bit and be patient. Gotta get new faucet done in kitchen first, fix tube lights in kitchen, replace vanity/sink in bathroom. But first, the hole in the fence where the goat got out.

We don't dwell on shit for which we've already identified a solution.
Then....stop dwelling on it?
I sure as hell am not thinking about it.:laughing:
That cupboard isn't going anywhere, so it will wait until the next time we're in town and get that tool.

Then....stop dwelling on it?
I sure as hell am not thinking about it.:laughing:
That cupboard isn't going anywhere, so it will wait until the next time we're in town and get that tool.
Look, here's an insight into the male mind: problem identified --> way to kill problem identified --> kill problem --> move on to next challenge.

Whatever journey your fluctuating estrogen levels are taking you on; that's entirely foreign to me :confused:

Top Back Refresh