What's new

Need the wrong tool for the job.

Looks like a crane attachment, it slides along the rod. If it was a release it would be fixed to the body of the tool.
If a crane won't fit in the kitchen, could I use a rental 2 ton engine hoist instead? I think it might be cheaper than cutting an access hole in the roof.

Maybe I should start a thread to be sure:homer:

Looks like a crane attachment, it slides along the rod. If it was a release it would be fixed to the body of the tool.
Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the release.

So what is this crane attachment for and how does someone use?
Trying to picture cargo bar in bed of a truck, then what, they just hang random junk from that little bar?

Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the release.

So what is this crane attachment for and how does someone use?
Trying to picture cargo bar in bed of a truck, then what, they just hang random junk from that little bar?
I'm thinking a added safety for overhead use, so it doesn't fall on someone.

71Jmff2VDvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So, not for Jeepers to hang a little rubber ducky, then?

S hook for tape measure. It slides but can only slide from the end of it at shortest length up to longest length. Not sure how it helps or has anything to do with a tape measure since it won't stay in place anywhere you put it. And of course, complete instructions never come with products these days so no help there.

I could see storage being more likely than tape measure use. The length of that metal bar just perfectly clears the pad, so you were to hang it up, the s hook would clear the end of the pad and be able to hang from a hook. This is probably the reason for it, especially because of the length being that perfect size.

Is this thing fixed yet?
Yup.

Kids can climb into it and play and seek. Wife can fill it with bricks.
Ain't going nowhere. 6 long screws into studs.

And this cargo bar thing will get used all summer in the bed of truck and anytime I have other projects that need a 3rd arm.
Happy camper. Thanks for finding the sweet deal at HF on page 1. Love it.

Fix it so your shit doesn't roll off:lmao:
Because having an obvious taper in the toe kick that you see every day is sooo much better than having to keep the few "round enough to roll" things from rolling. :shaking:

Fuck that. Nobody is gonna notice 1" over 8ft off level. Everyone is gonna notice when the cabinet at one end is an inch higher off the floor than the one at the other end.

Jack it and crib it you lazy fuck
And crack a bunch of plaster and drywall in the process while deleting energy efficient self-closing doors? Nope. :flipoff2:

Because having an obvious taper in the toe kick that you see every day is sooo much better than having to keep the few "round enough to roll" things from rolling. :shaking:

Fuck that. Nobody is gonna notice 1" over 8ft off level. Everyone is gonna notice when the cabinet at one end is an inch higher off the floor than the one at the other end.

And crack a bunch of plaster and drywall in the process while deleting energy efficient self-closing doors? Nope. :flipoff2:
If it didn't crack on the way down, it wont crack on the way back up. Good bottle jack, take tension up over several days until its back in place, lag bolt in supporting pieces, remove jack. My parents back section of house was built in the 1760s, main section is 1810s-ish, grew up doing this shit :flipoff2:

If it didn't crack on the way down, it wont crack on the way back up. Good bottle jack, take tension up over several weeks until its back in place, lag bolt in supporting pieces, remove jack. My parents back section of house was built in the 1760s, main section is 1810s-ish, grew up doing this shit :flipoff2:
FTFY, it didn't get there in a week, don't try to fix it in a week.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh