What's new

Must have M-18 tools

What batteries?

That's what happens when you overcurrent the compact batteries. Try a HO battery and I bet it doesn't happen again.
5.0 batteries. I tried changing to a fresh battery when it happened. No difference in high or low either. Guess it’s time to send it in🙄

M12 stubby is disappointing me again. Wouldn’t break loose the lug nuts on my truck. I’m sure a big part of it is the socket is 1/2” drive and the impact is 3/8 drive so it’s not getting the full hit with the adapter. I do need to get a set of impact sockets in 3/8 drive.

M12 stubby is disappointing me again. Wouldn’t break loose the lug nuts on my truck. I’m sure a big part of it is the socket is 1/2” drive and the impact is 3/8 drive so it’s not getting the full hit with the adapter. I do need to get a set of impact sockets in 3/8 drive.

The extended one I've got it almost worthless for anything but snugging the nuts up.

My wife can't change a tire on my truck, but I wouldn't trade her for a dude. :flipoff2:

M12 stubby is good up to about 100 ft lbs or so.
Maybe more than that but I doubt the 200+ advertised would take a while 4.0 battery. :laughing:

The M18 stubby is a good bit stronger, I should have bought it instead of the M12 I lost but it was replaced with the M18.

Maybe more than that but I doubt the 200+ advertised would take a while 4.0 battery. :laughing:

The M18 stubby is a good bit stronger, I should have bought it instead of the M12 I lost but it was replaced with the M18.
Claims 250 ft/lbs but probably with the biggest battery they have.
Going to be looking for a 1/2” m18 now

I've tested mine with my torque wrench on lug nuts - and it can go over 100, but you have to sit there and hold it rattling away.

For cars like my civic where the torque was "88 ft lbs" on the lugs, it was perfect. It's ok for the Acura, at 117 ft lbs, but it won't touch the F150 at ~150 ft lbs.

I still carry it on road trips though, because it's so fast for pull tires. It's fantastic for the size. I'd like to get a mid-torque to go between the M-12 stubby and M-18 monster, but haven't found the justsification yet.:homer:

Claims 250 ft/lbs but probably with the biggest battery they have.
Going to be looking for a 1/2” m18 now
The new generation is out now, and it's awesome. I have one at work and it will snap a 1/2 inch bolt like it's balsa wood

You have to put it in your cart for price, but it’s $200. This is a great way to get started in the cordless world.

Damn you:laughing:

You have to put it in your cart for price, but it’s $200. This is a great way to get started in the cordless world.

That’s a great selection of tools there. That inflator works way better than you’d expect.

And I’ve probably said it before in this thread but that non-fuel impact driver is probably my favorite and most used tool in any voltage that I own, lightweight with enough power to do about anything You’d want out of a driver without overpowering/ breaking off fasteners. I bought a second one so I can have one around the house and one In The shop.

That’s a great selection of tools there. That inflator works way better than you’d expect.

And I’ve probably said it before in this thread but that non-fuel impact driver is probably my favorite and most used tool in any voltage that I own, lightweight with enough power to do about anything You’d want out of a driver without overpowering/ breaking off fasteners. I bought a second one so I can have one around the house and one In The shop.
hmmm....

Now you have me considering adding it back to my cart...

hmmm....

Now you have me considering adding it back to my cart...
In a 12v tool i really just don’t need the extra fuel power (socket drive impact might be the one exception to that), and most of the fuel stuff adds weight/size, and lightweight and compact is the two primary benefits of 12v in my tool lineup. (I’ve got 18-20v stuff for the heavy work)

The drill is the one thing that feels somewhat anemic but it’s still perfectly suitable for household chores, and it’ll probably drill a 1/4” hole in mild steel plate with a sharp bit if needed to get you out of a jam or something, but m12 is not the tool you should be grabbing for heavy use anyhow. The whole kit in the bag occupies about the space of a 12 pack of 12 ounce beverages so it gets tossed in the truck as a go-bag type kit sometimes too.

I bought that kit several years ago with the hackzall instead of the inflator and the hackzall is prob a very close second favorite to the impact driver, and the old led flashlight (which is nothing special) instead of that work light.

Last edited:
$200 is a great price, but they're non-fuel :clown:
I’m not sure why people get hung up on fuel or non fuel. They still work and work well, especially for random home use. The inflator is $89 on sale. Same for the 2 batteries, $90 for 2. All the tools are basically “free”. Kind of hard to pass up the deal to be honest. Crap, now I might buy it, even though I have all that. :homer:

Has anyone used that drill driver? I love the m12 fuel driver but all two non fuel m12 tools I bought are disappointing.

Well I bought it just to see how the 3/8 drive ratchet and inflator do. I gotta stop checking this thread.:laughing:
Ditto.

I could use the drill as well since my old Ryobi is starting to smell like the smoke is gonna come out any day now. Not expecting greatness out of it after WTF? 's review above but it might help the Ryobi last a little longer.

Has anyone used that drill driver? I love the m12 fuel driver but all two non fuel m12 tools I bought are disappointing.
The drill works just fine for twist drills in wood, but I wouldn’t want to use it for paddlebits/ hole saws nor bulk quantity metal drilling,

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh