What's new

Must have M-18 tools

mostly because I had decided to go all in on m12 stuff before I realized that the batteries lose their tabs before the cells get anywhere near tired

I hear people say this all the time. I have at least 20 different m12 batteries of all shapes and sizes. I have never had a tab brake. I also don't force the battery off.

Pinch the tabs and lightly wiggle the battery side to side and it comes right off.

Of course, you have the random tools like the m12 radio that don't have sufficient room for your fingers with the bigger batteries, but it is still doable.

I hear people say this all the time. I have at least 20 different m12 batteries of all shapes and sizes. I have never had a tab brake.
if everyone else has a problem but you don't
you might be the problem

does your tool box look like someguy's with everything in its little immaculate outlined cutout?
my tools get dropped off a ladder onto concrete on occasion
what looks like the back side of a drill to you often looks like a rubber mallet to me
most of the mushy rubber on the tool grips falls off because my hands often have oil on them

Hell even my old ryobi 12v drill with long dead batteries didn't break any plastic bits. The m12 battery tabs are clearly a problem area.

if everyone else has a problem but you don't
you might be the problem

I know it is a problem with m12 batteries. I realized the issue and treat them more gingerly so they don't brake for me.
does your tool box look like someguy's with everything in its little immaculate outlined cutout?

Quite the opposite. Well, I do have drawers in my toolbox for Milwaukee tools and batteries, but my tool trailer is basically an heap of RED tools thrown everywhere. :homer:
my tools get dropped off a ladder onto concrete on occasion
what looks like the back side of a drill to you often looks like a rubber mallet to me
most of the mushy rubber on the tool grips falls off because my hands often have oil on them
I dont use my tools as a hammer. I may lightly tap something into place with an m18 battery on a drill, but that's about it.

Inflator plus two batteries apparently for 200 bucks.

Black text edit: $10 off and free shipping with coupon code XFD-547 according to the website I poached this information from.
No black text. Is this place legit?

Seems a little to good to be true, but you never know.

As for the m12 tabs, I have broke several and pulled the end off a few. Those have all been the first ones I got years ago. Anything within the last few years, I haven’t had a problem when. I am a little more careful with those now though. :homer:

6 inch and 4 inch fuel grinders, 2 6.0 ho’s and a rapid charger.

IMG_7837.jpeg

2980: 9000 rpm
2880: 8500 rpm
why do they make "4 1/2"" grinders that spin as slow as a 7" should
I know why they do, I just hate the shit
if it's gonna spin that slow, stick a 7" guard on it so I can at least get proper surface speed for a little while...

Deal of the day at Home Depot. $339 for (2) 12.0Ah (1) 8.0Ah and a rapid charger. 55% off.
Just placed my order.

I was at a facility that builds out PLC panels and noticed that had some M4 tools. At first I thought they were M12, then got closer.

One of the designers told me he thinks the M4s are torque spec'd hence their use in putting the panels together,

Anyone else see M4s in the wild?

Deal of the day at Home Depot. $339 for (2) 12.0Ah (1) 8.0Ah and a rapid charger. 55% off.
Just placed my order.

Damn, sold out when I tried.

2980: 9000 rpm
2880: 8500 rpm
why do they make "4 1/2"" grinders that spin as slow as a 7" should
I know why they do, I just hate the shit
if it's gonna spin that slow, stick a 7" guard on it so I can at least get proper surface speed for a little while...
I run 6" wheels on my 4.5 and 5" grinders.

Took a picture of something I was working on and my Dad flipped out over no guard on the grinder.

He got bit by one like 30 years ago, cut his hand a bit and for some reason became Safety Sam over it.

I'm well aware there's no guard and I keep clear. Much like a chainsaw.

Took a picture of something I was working on and my Dad flipped out over no guard on the grinder.

He got bit by one like 30 years ago, cut his hand a bit and for some reason became Safety Sam over it.

I run a 7" Walter flap disc on mine.

I like the guard as it gives another place to hold the thing

freaks some people out, holding onto the guard itself but there's really no finer way to control a thin death wheel
glove catches most of the sparks, too

I like the guard as it gives another place to hold the thing

freaks some people out, holding onto the guard itself but there's really no finer way to control a thin death wheel
glove catches most of the sparks, too
You can catch the sparks with your cooch, ya know?

Probably a pin nailer if you are doing a lot of detail trim, you won’t have to fill those holes like you do with the Brad nailer but brads are only an inch long.

I have all of them and don’t have any complaints, if you buy at hd ask when the rep is in and they will most likely give you a discount if your buying a few tools at once.

Alternatively you can go on eBay and pick most of them up for 50-80% of retail.

Not that I've seen. I haven't done much looking though, since I have a pneumatic nailer.

I still have all my old guns but they are coved in dust and on the top of the pallet racking. We’ve completely switched to cordless, it’s so nice to be able walk without the cord getting caught on everything. Weight and a bit of bulk weight is only thing I would say might be a a drawback.

Could probably use the pneumatics for framing and not notice that much difference as our framing is usually in open areas. But the trim guns being cordless is super nice.

do they make a M18 trim saw? I used a Mikita trim saw last week, 6.5 inch(?) motor on the right side, Loved it, I'm not jumping into another brqnd for just one tool.

Top Back Refresh