What's new

Must have M-18 tools

do they make a M18 trim saw? I used a Mikita trim saw last week, 6.5 inch(?) motor on the right side, Loved it, I'm not jumping into another brqnd for just one tool.

Yes. I have it, and have never used it for trim :lmao:I've never heard it referred to as a "trim saw" though. I'll get you the model number this afternoon.

Works great, cuts well. :smokin: Little awkward for cutting sheet goods since the motors on the 'wrong' side :emb:

Yes. I have it, and have never used it for trim :lmao:I've never heard it referred to as a "trim saw" though. I'll get you the model number this afternoon.

Works great, cuts well. :smokin: Little awkward for cutting sheet goods since the motors on the 'wrong' side :emb:

Are you left handed or right handed?

I am right handed. I like the blade on the left.l, just like a worm drive saw.

I do have a wrong side bladed saw (RH) and it's awkward to use.

Right handed. I prefer the cutoff piece to fall on the right. So the motor and weight on the static piece - it's more stable for me.

I made that point once, then the retarded justifications for trying to watch the blade by contorting your head into some fucked up stupid position made me regret trying to explain how to use a saw. You have it right, everything else is just lame fuckery.

Track saw is also on sale, if you are breaking down short goods or any precise cuts, it’s the tits.

IMG_7884.jpeg

Probably a pin nailer if you are doing a lot of detail trim, you won’t have to fill those holes like you do with the Brad nailer but brads are only an inch long.

I have all of them and don’t have any complaints, if you buy at hd ask when the rep is in and they will most likely give you a discount if your buying a few tools at once.

Alternatively you can go on eBay and pick most of them up for 50-80% of retail.
Thank you!

What’s the advantage of the 6.5 over the standard 7 1/4. I always got the 7 1/4s because I get the blades in multi packs.

Is it really that much more portable than a 7 1/4?

Depends on the day, usually sheet goods and removal of sub floors, so anywhere from 1-6 inches thick.

well, you're not cutting anything 6" thick with a 7-1/4" circ saw :lmao:

Mine was a gift, but I really like it. I also have the track saw for sheet goods. it's pretty solid though.

well, you're not cutting anything 6" thick with a 7-1/4" circ saw :lmao:

That’s one of those cuts hole to run pipes buries blade all the way in the floor. Cuts a square and floor doesn’t drop out. Looks around like wtf, pries up 4 layers of sub floor still another two yet to go. All of a sudden replacing the plumbing went to doing all the subfloor and whatever else fucked up shit we find. The joys of hundred year old buildings and owners doing just enough to get to the next fix.

Mine was a gift, but I really like it. I also have the track saw for sheet goods. it's pretty solid though.
Track saw is tits, I was hesitant and thought everyone was saying how great they are was just trying to justify the purchase.

Inflator plus two batteries apparently for 200 bucks.

Black text edit: $10 off and free shipping with coupon code XFD-547 according to the website I poached this information from.
Soooo.... semi dirt bag question...
Anyone ever try and return a battery to home depot without a receipt and get store credit?
I don't want more 5.0 batteriers, I would rather have an 8 or 9...
This is a good deal, but I don't want the battery and don't like dealing with the people on facebook that want to buy M-18 stuff.

welndmn TL;DR It isn’t worth it if you didn’t actually buy it there.

they’ll ask you for your driver license to see how many times you’ve returned stuff without a receipt. They’ll give you store credit if anything. Store credit means ONLY you can spend it and your license has to be shown.
This is IF they accept you returning batteries you didn’t buy there. Sometimes they have different identification numbers and the comment ‘it’s the same as the one on the shelf’ doesn’t fly. They might just tell you ‘no.’

welndmn TL;DR It isn’t worth it if you didn’t actually buy it there.

they’ll ask you for your driver license to see how many times you’ve returned stuff without a receipt. They’ll give you store credit if anything. Store credit means ONLY you can spend it and your license has to be shown.
This is IF they accept you returning batteries you didn’t buy there. Sometimes they have different identification numbers and the comment ‘it’s the same as the one on the shelf’ doesn’t fly. They might just tell you ‘no.’
right-to-jail-jail.gif

Give it a go, worst that'll happen is they say no, ain't like you're walking out with shit as has become common.
while you're there, check in the battery recycle box, last time I looked I got a whole shopping bag of used makita li-ion batteries that a guy at work was really happy to have. Apparently they have a charge counter in them and after a fixed number of charge cycles they brick, and these ones were still good yet.

The little M18 inflator is pretty good. We used mine this weekend to seat a bead on a trailer tire and pumped it to 60psi and didnt even drop a bar on the battery.

right-to-jail-jail.gif

Give it a go, worst that'll happen is they say no, ain't like you're walking out with shit as has become common.
while you're there, check in the battery recycle box, last time I looked I got a whole shopping bag of used makita li-ion batteries that a guy at work was really happy to have. Apparently they have a charge counter in them and after a fixed number of charge cycles they brick, and these ones were still good yet.

the Makita batts have a charge counter??? that's fucked.

and whoever above said they wanted 8 or 9.0... you don't want 9.0 them batteries suck ass. not sure why but a 8.0 is a much better battery. 9.0's are the only batteries that I've noticed big decrease in performance as charge goes down and they also go to junk fairly quickly. all the other 5.0 and above batteries that i've had that make it past warranty have done very well. I have 2 12.0 batts that I just sent off for warrant, but all the others are great. now that I think about it, 12.0 are the only ones i've sent back too, the 9.0s all seemed okayish until just past warrenty. I don't save receipts so all batt warrenty has been based on mfg date.

and whoever above said they wanted 8 or 9.0... you don't want 9.0 them batteries suck ass. not sure why but a 8.0 is a much better battery. 9.0's are the only batteries that I've noticed big decrease in performance as charge goes down and they also go to junk fairly quickly. all the other 5.0 and above batteries that i've had that make it past warranty have done very well. I have 2 12.0 batts that I just sent off for warrant, but all the others are great. now that I think about it, 12.0 are the only ones i've sent back too, the 9.0s all seemed okayish until just past warrenty. I don't save receipts so all batt warrenty has been based on mfg date.
And they like to catch fire at random :shocked::nuke:

They don't make them anymore

Last edited:

I've not seen a 9.0 new for sale for at least 5 years in this part of the world. Some of mine are still hanging in there but they are dying one by one.

I've not seen a 9.0 new for sale for at least 5 years in this part of the world. Some of mine are still hanging in there but they are dying one by one.
I wrote Milwaukee when they were still replacing them with 8.0's for free and just sent them pictures and they sent me two 8's for my two 9.0s and my 9.0's are still mostly o.k. Also I'm sure it has been mentioned in this thread but I changed my Dyson Cordless to Milwaukee Battery adapter a while back and it's a pretty good upgrade since we all have so many Batteries.

Last edited:
Milwaukee's also have a charge counter and some other features that can be accessed via button presses

And yet the only battery fail me is the 8.0

The 9.0 is still going strong and much older.

And yet the only battery fail me is the 8.0

The 9.0 is still going strong and much older.

well that's odd. but shit happens. in most cases what I said is true.

to add to the battery info. I recently bought 2 12.0's off of eBay. everything looked good and reviews were good, but one of the batteries would not light up and wouldn' take a charge after the first one. so I sent them in to Milwaukee for warrenty... denied. apearently they are counterfeit batteries.! the packaging, seriel numbers etc all look perfect and factory... lesson learned.

I have tried knockoff M18 batteries from various sources trying to be cheap and they never held up long term like a legit battery. I also got burned on some eBay batteries too:homer:. I stick to the legit batteries from HD now. Lesson learned for me too.

I have tried knockoff M18 batteries from various sources trying to be cheap and they never held up long term like a legit battery. I also got burned on some eBay batteries too:homer:. I stick to the legit batteries from HD now. Lesson learned for me too.

I legit believed they weren't knock off. I've tried the knock offs and have also come to the conclusion they are not worth it.

I sent the eBay seller a msg requesting full refund (when I first said one battery was bad they offer a 50% refund if I changed my review) but since I have a Milwaukee service order number and documented that its a counterfeit I hope to get a refund. the description claimed legit batts. wait and see now.

I legit believed they weren't knock off. I've tried the knock offs and have also come to the conclusion they are not worth it.

I sent the eBay seller a msg requesting full refund (when I first said one battery was bad they offer a 50% refund if I changed my review) but since I have a Milwaukee service order number and documented that its a counterfeit I hope to get a refund. the description claimed legit batts. wait and see now.
Check the charge display. My buddy said his were slightly different than the real battery has.

Decent deal on lights if anyone is looking.

IMG_7935.jpeg

IMG_7936.jpeg

Top Back Refresh