What's new

Must have M-18 tools

Or, how about a Milwaukee thread on a popular off road forum where the differences have been explained easily and clearly for anyone that reads above a 3rd grade level? Would that fucking work?
can it be fewer than 111 pages?

If you say so.
Unless it's the 3.0 HO version it's retarded. I have a couple older 3.0 non HO batteries that are the same physical size as a 5.0. today I grabbed a battery off the rack for a grinder with a claptout flapper wheel on it. I thought I'd grabbed a dead battery it was bogging down under light load. Realized my faux pas and slapped a 5.0 in it and she was ripping again. High demand tools require high output batteries. :homer:

Unless it's the 3.0 HO version it's retarded. I have a couple older 3.0 non HO batteries that are the same physical size as a 5.0. today I grabbed a battery off the rack for a grinder with a claptout flapper wheel on it. I thought I'd grabbed a dead battery it was bogging down under light load. Realized my faux pas and slapped a 5.0 in it and she was ripping again. High demand tools require high output batteries. :homer:
If you say so.

That is legit. I have an original 3.0. it's doesn't even say 3.0. it just says XC. It still works so I don't throw it away.

Or, how about a Milwaukee thread on a popular off road forum where the differences have been explained easily and clearly for anyone that reads above a 3rd grade level? Would that fucking work?

did you know that he lives in Alaska and things are more expensive to get shipped there?:homer::lmao:

to be fair, I think he can read. he can say the things.. sound them out. but what those words mean maybe not. he can probably also count all the way to 100, by ones and tens, messes up counting by fives sometimes tho.

my oldest is in kindergarten, and I can imagine about half of his comments being the same my boy would say.

did you know that he lives in Alaska and things are more expensive to get shipped there?:homer::lmao:

to be fair, I think he can read. he can say the things.. sound them out. but what those words mean maybe not. he can probably also count all the way to 100, by ones and tens, messes up counting by fives sometimes tho.

my oldest is in kindergarten, and I can imagine about half of his comments being the same my boy would say.
I had another battery goober arguing with me about which ones to get. He was trying to justify getting cheaper 5.0's over something bigger and or HO. I was patient for a bit and finally told him to bring his stack of 5.0's over and we'll do some weedeating as a test. I'll use a 12 and it will last longer than 3 of his 5's. He declined. I am looking forward to the release of the 8.0 Forge to see how they do. The 6.0 is good so far but not enough run time on them to know for sure yet.

I am just a home gamer, but I have 1 12amp, 1 8 amp, then a fuck ton of 5's.
That has always been fine for me,
I would like the new battery to stop using the 12amp for overheard work with the big impact and I am old and weak!

Good price. Love the 12s.

It's not that great. Just buy the normal 6.0s, its about the same.
One of the few things I watched about that was a comparison between the 6.0 Forge in their torque wrench and the normal HO batteries. The Forge completely fucked it up by over running the torque settings that were pretty consistent with the normal batteries. I know they spin the grinder faster, I just don't have a handle on duration yet.

Does anyone have the forge and like it? The rep threw one in when I bought another table saw and the track saw. I wasn’t overly impressed, the fast charge sounds nice but I don’t have a supercharger just the rapid chargers.

Didn’t notice much difference besides being smaller.

Does anyone have the forge and like it? The rep threw one in when I bought another table saw and the track saw. I wasn’t overly impressed, the fast charge sounds nice but I don’t have a supercharger just the rapid chargers.

Didn’t notice much difference besides being smaller.

I saw very little difference. That deal on the 2 12s is the way to go for high load applications.

Got my combo today. Rover light is MUCH smaller than I was expecting.
I don’t have anything that warrants the 12.0 deal. Looking for a M18 1/2” impact that will take off lug nuts since the 3/8 stubby failed at that task

I had another battery goober arguing with me about which ones to get. He was trying to justify getting cheaper 5.0's over something bigger and or HO. I was patient for a bit and finally told him to bring his stack of 5.0's over and we'll do some weedeating as a test. I'll use a 12 and it will last longer than 3 of his 5's. He declined. I am looking forward to the release of the 8.0 Forge to see how they do. The 6.0 is good so far but not enough run time on them to know for sure yet.

yep. i'd put up one 12 vs five or more 5.0's in a trimmer, they would hardly get it spinning before dead. i'm curious about the forge as well.

most of my use is grinders, metal cutting saw, demo saw, impacts, leaf blower, weed eater/ pole saw, and back pack vacuum. almost all 12 and 8's some smaller for the drills.

most of the 5's have made there way into the house and camper. wife loves the glue gun and small vac etc... but shes trying to steal the back pack vac and a 12 :shaking:

yep. i'd put up one 12 vs five or more 5.0's in a trimmer, they would hardly get it spinning before dead. i'm curious about the forge as well.

5.0 and 4.0 are the “workhorse” trash batteries, they work but they aren’t bringing the chooch. Drivers and nail guns anything not a saw or stationary unit.

but shes trying to steal the back pack vac and a 12 :shaking:

My wife stole 3 6.0s and a 12 for the yard power tools. I thought I was going crazy missing batteries.

Last edited:
This deal got better overnight.

$310 after theft
dammit, I don't want to spend money but I've been looking for a 12 for a while

why can't I be the sort that just walks out with things

I think this one's still a better deal though
you pretty much get the two 3.0 batteries for $25 apiece, when compared to the 2x12.0 deal

you pretty much get the two 3.0 batteries for $25 apiece, when compared to the 2x12.0 deal
That's like buying a nice socket set and they throw in 17.5mm, 5.5mm, and 20mm sockets for free.

That's why i found the 2 x 12 deal. I have 2 of the 3.0's already and that's all I need. No 12's currently though.

That's like buying a nice socket set and they throw in 17.5mm, 5.5mm, and 20mm sockets for free.
are the HO 3.0s really all that bad? IIRC they use the bigger size cells in them
Just went and looked, I've got a couple "cp2.0" batteries that usually live in my drill but they get thrown in the sawzall and grinder sometimes, they don't last long at all compared to the 5.0s I've also got, but they're all 3-4 years old.

I've been needing a portable vacuum for cleaning out the pellet grill. Sucks lugging the huge shop vac from the shop to the house.
Bought the 2gal $120 milwaukee 0880-20 today, works pretty damn good.

I'd rather swap the 3.0s on smaller shit more often than lug around a 12 on a drill or something similar. I have a variety and I always grab small batteries unless it's a grinder or some other power hog.

Ho batteries will be 21700 cells and regulars will be 18650. 21700s have a significantly higher discharge and charge rate than the 18650s

Is it worth repairing 12.0's out of warranty? Pulled one off the shelf and it was down to one bar. Put it on the rapid charger and it says it was full, placed on a regular charger and it was the same. The 2 12.0's are my newest ones and have been down to 3 lights when full for the past year or so. My older 3.0 and 5.0 batteries are chugging along with 0 issues.

Is it worth repairing 12.0's out of warranty? Pulled one off the shelf and it was down to one bar. Put it on the rapid charger and it says it was full, placed on a regular charger and it was the same. The 2 12.0's are my newest ones and have been down to 3 lights when full for the past year or so. My older 3.0 and 5.0 batteries are chugging along with 0 issues.
I had an 8 do that shit. Took it in. Told it was out of warranty. I bought it online 1 year ago btw. Asked what I wanted to do.

"Get that piece of shit out of my life" was my reply.

Bought another battery...at a brick and mortar.

that seems really wierd
wonder if it is the cell imbalance issue someone was talking about earlier ITT
bet you could take the case off and charge the paralleled banks of cells individually with the sort of charger that'd let you do that (maybe even just a bench power supply if you're a nerd)

Top Back Refresh