What's new

Must have M-18 tools

Has anyone used that drill driver? I love the m12 fuel driver but all two non fuel m12 tools I bought are disappointing.
I used to have that impact and drill. Yea they will work but fuel has a lot more chooch for the money. The impact is way better than the drill.

I sold them to a friend for $50 with 2 1.5 batteries, charger and bag and bought the fuel set. Night and day difference, I'd put fuel m12 driver up against non fuel M18 any day, I own both.

Ditto.

I could use the drill as well since my old Ryobi is starting to smell like the smoke is gonna come out any day now. Not expecting greatness out of it after WTF? 's review above but it might help the Ryobi last a little longer.
Ryobi and non fuel m12 are about the same but the red batteries are light-years better than green and red is a shitload smaller.

That deal is worth it if you need the inflator or ratchet alone. I’m trying to decide on m12vs m18 inflator. I’d really use it it for bike tires and a car tire. I doubt it would fill my truck tire.

That deal is worth it if you need the inflator or ratchet alone. I’m trying to decide on m12vs m18 inflator. I’d really use it it for bike tires and a car tire. I doubt it would fill my truck tire.

The m12 will do your (light/pickup) tire. It might be a little slow, but better than nothing.

I used to have that impact and drill. Yea they will work but fuel has a lot more chooch for the money. The impact is way better than the drill.

I sold them to a friend for $50 with 2 1.5 batteries, charger and bag and bought the fuel set. Night and day difference, I'd put fuel m12 driver up against non fuel M18 any day, I own both.

I picked it up for my nephew, he’s turning 15 next month, should be a decent starting kit for him. might grab another for the light and inflator just to have an extra in the work stuff.

I’m pretty much fuel only at this point. For $130 the fuel kit w batteries, impact driver and charger is hard to beat. Although I think the new impact driver might have too much chooch, usually turn it down to 2 50% of the time.

I picked it up for my nephew, he’s turning 15 next month, should be a decent starting kit for him. might grab another for the light and inflator just to have an extra in the work stuff.

I’m pretty much fuel only at this point. For $130 the fuel kit w batteries, impact driver and charger is hard to beat. Although I think the new impact driver might have too much chooch, usually turn it down to 2 50% of the time.
That's a perfect plan. More than enough for a 15 year old and it will spur him to not buy that green garbage most seem to fall for.

Great idea! My nephew turns 14 next month. Ordered it for him.

I’m not sure why people get hung up on fuel or non fuel. They still work and work well, especially for random home use. The inflator is $89 on sale. Same for the 2 batteries, $90 for 2. All the tools are basically “free”. Kind of hard to pass up the deal to be honest. Crap, now I might buy it, even though I have all that. :homer:
The main reason to get hung up on the difference is to stop the whining from the fucktards who buy the non Fuel stuff and then get to work drilling 5/8" holes in 3/4" steel plate wanting to know why they suck and let all the magic smoke go bye bye. Other than that, no reason at all.

The drill works just fine for twist drills in wood, but I wouldn’t want to use it for paddlebits/ hole saws nor bulk quantity metal drilling,
I use mine for inside tasks like hanging pictures and assembling furniture.

Its the only battery tool not covered in grease and oil, but thats on purpose. Its small, light and easy enough I can have my wife use it too.

As mentioned, I could see it being used for smaller tasks but I certainly wouldnt try to drill anything large.

I should also mention I really like the M12 ratchet, its not used all the time, but it certainly helps not wearing out your forearms taking off long ass bolts.

I use mine for inside tasks like hanging pictures and assembling furniture.

Its the only battery tool not covered in grease and oil, but thats on purpose. Its small, light and easy enough I can have my wife use it too.

As mentioned, I could see it being used for smaller tasks but I certainly wouldnt try to drill anything large.

I should also mention I really like the M12 ratchet, its not used all the time, but it certainly helps not wearing out your forearms taking off long ass bolts.
I use the smaller non fuel m12 driver and drill for interior work. I keep them clean and they work great for holes up to 3/8 and smaller interior fasteners.

Are the 3.0's decent? I realize they won't be worth a crap on my high demand tools like the blower, weedeater, grinder,etc but maybe an alternative for light drilling, nailer, etc?All of my batteries are 5.0 or bigger, so no experience w/3.0's. I saw this deal, but decided to pull the trigger a couple weeks ago on the two 12's for $349.

Are the 3.0's decent? I realize they won't be worth a crap on my high demand tools like the blower, weedeater, grinder,etc but maybe an alternative for light drilling, nailer, etc?All of my batteries are 5.0 or bigger, so no experience w/3.0's. I saw this deal, but decided to pull the trigger a couple weeks ago on the two 12's for $349.
Those 3s are the high output batteries. They work great on the high demand tools, but they just don't last as long. They are good batteries

All i use on my finish guns, 18ga and 1/4 crown stapler. Also when doing cabinets, where there aren't a ton of fasteners.

The main reason to get hung up on the difference is to stop the whining from the fucktards who buy the non Fuel stuff and then get to work drilling 5/8" holes in 3/4" steel plate wanting to know why they suck and let all the magic smoke go bye bye. Other than that, no reason at all.
About need a Milwaukee degree to decipher which version is decent and which is shit.
Irritating that they have like 78 versions of tools, some have to be mail ordered cause the stores just carry the shit version.

Some of my stuff will barely even run with the 3.0s.
I grabbed a full charged one yesterday on the grinder and it barely had enough ass to make 3 cuts in an old parking brake cable I was replacing.

About need a Milwaukee degree to decipher which version is decent and which is shit.
Irritating that they have like 78 versions of tools, some have to be mail ordered cause the stores just carry the shit version.
It’s simple. If it’s on sale, it’s older stock. If it’s not on sale, it’s the latest and greatest :laughing:

Or, how about a Milwaukee thread on a popular off road forum where the differences have been explained easily and clearly for anyone that reads above a 3rd grade level? Would that fucking work?

Top Back Refresh