What's new

Must have M-18 tools

I smoked 2 M18s a couple months ago.
One a
What's the biggest baddest 1/2" hammer (or non hammer) drill they have these days. I keep killing the drills. Should probably try sending a couple back to Milwaukee for warranty, but I suppose I'd have to dig out a receipt? Or can I just send it in?
Actually.caught fire.
Was just drilling in 2x6s with a 4" hole saw. 4 holes. Low gear.

I love my drill without the hammer function, Even came with a anti torque bar for when your really hogging a hole out

Also, I am unimpressed with the current drills. They don't have the proper gearing. My go-to drill for heavy drilling is a 10 year old unit.
man that ain't good to hear, was just thinking about buying "the meanest" 1/2" hammer drill the other day
and something equivalent to the old 1/4" chuck drills they used to make that'd do 6000 rpm

ETA: maybe a dewalt with a battery adapter?

What's the biggest baddest 1/2" hammer (or non hammer) drill they have these days. I keep killing the drills. Should probably try sending a couple back to Milwaukee for warranty, but I suppose I'd have to dig out a receipt? Or can I just send it in?
Other than mailing it to them, check your area for a service center and take it to them.

if you keep smoking the drill, i'd be looking at the operator. aint being used as it should or they need to take a step to the next level.

I wouldn't be drilling 4" holes in studs in low gear, or thinking of repeated holes. that's what hole hawgs are made for, durrr

they are as good as any of the other cordless out there. for example one guy I know that swears the M18 drills are joke holds them in a way that covers all the cooling holes, the dewalt he liked he griped in a way that let it breath. the tool holding the tool was the problem. but he would argue all day how much better another brand was, even though the entire crew still ran red.
i'm not saying red is the absolute best for every job. but that in all brands the good tools aren't that far apart, ie if I have red batteries I wouldn't get an adapter just to run a yellow drill. just my 2cents

How old are they? They are warranteed for 5 yrs from the mfg date code unless you have a receipt saying you purchased it less than 5 yrs prior.
Not sure really, The newest one is probably a few years old at least. I'll have to look into the website warranty thing. I have a couple I killed a long time ago that I just chucked in the dearly departed tools bin for parts. I do like the Milwaukee M18 drills, but they get used a lot around here and end up biting the dust eventually. Part of the cost of doing business really.
if you keep smoking the drill, i'd be looking at the operator. aint being used as it should or they need to take a step to the next level.

I wouldn't be drilling 4" holes in studs in low gear, or thinking of repeated holes. that's what hole hawgs are made for, durrr

they are as good as any of the other cordless out there. for example one guy I know that swears the M18 drills are joke holds them in a way that covers all the cooling holes, the dewalt he liked he griped in a way that let it breath. the tool holding the tool was the problem. but he would argue all day how much better another brand was, even though the entire crew still ran red.
i'm not saying red is the absolute best for every job. but that in all brands the good tools aren't that far apart, ie if I have red batteries I wouldn't get an adapter just to run a yellow drill. just my 2cents
I drill a lot of holes in steel. Usually only up to 3/4" max with the cordless drills and starting off with 1/8" pilot holes and using step bits. The drills start out amazing, but finally get to the point where they just torque out real early, or do weird shit like the variable speed trigger loses a lot of it's variability and skips a lot of the RPM range. I've probably over-heated it a few times. Ain't nobody got time for a drill to cool off!

I should probably use the drill press more often, or air drills I suppose. Winter time its harder to use air tools because they will freeze up. Plus the whole annoying hose issue. I hate cleaning up chips in the shop so I do 99% of my drilling outside in a bench vise. Then I can just blow the chips off the slab and run a rolling magnet around to pick them up.

Do you know what m18 drill it is? I have a brushed holiday special drill that was a hundred bucks or less with batteries and charger. That thing sucks compared to the fuel drills or pretty much any drill. Hole hawg is a beast if you are drilling big holes but if you’re not paying attention it will punish you.

man that ain't good to hear, was just thinking about buying "the meanest" 1/2" hammer drill the other day
and something equivalent to the old 1/4" chuck drills they used to make that'd do 6000 rpm

ETA: maybe a dewalt with a battery adapter?
Drills are Milwaukees big flaw. im on number 4 or 5 in the past year. The chucks suck or they let the smoke out.

What are you all doing that you are killing drills, I’m got mine too hot to touch countless times and never had any problems. Drilling a few hundred holes with saws and augers in a day and it’s never an issue besides changing out batteries every half hour. And I have some gorillas that work for me they’ve pretzeled prybars. shovels, digging bars ect but never had a problem with drills.

My 1/2 fuel drill has that handle bar thing. I can still stall out the drill, the trigger feels any kind of binding and it just stops. That shouldn’t be normal

Drills are Milwaukees big flaw. im on number 4 or 5 in the past year. The chucks suck or they let the smoke out.
I have an M12 Fuel 1/2" hammer drill. I really like the chuck. I've never had it slip :confused:

And I hate shitty chucks. I've got a Super Chuck in my drill press that cost more than the press itself.

Or it could be like my corded one the super hole hawg that has more than enough torque to pick a 250# dude off the ground when the bit catches :lmao:
I like the super hole shooters
250 rpm 15 amp mag drill motor with a pistol grip and a pipe handle on it
"good luck, lol"

My 1/2 fuel drill has that handle bar thing. I can still stall out the drill, the trigger feels any kind of binding and it just stops. That shouldn’t be normal
I borrowed a friend's and complained about that, they showed me that the...

"screw torque clutch dial" thing
it isn't a mechanical clutch on the high-end drills, it just shuts off the motor
turn it to "drill" and it started doing the wrist breaking like it was supposed to

I have an M12 Fuel 1/2" hammer drill. I really like the chuck. I've never had it slip :confused:

And I hate shitty chucks. I've got a Super Chuck in my drill press that cost more than the press itself.
It's not that it slips (it does sometimes) its bits getting stuck or the jaws getting out of time with each other

I borrowed a friend's and complained about that, they showed me that the...

"screw torque clutch dial" thing
it isn't a mechanical clutch on the high-end drills, it just shuts off the motor
turn it to "drill" and it started doing the wrist breaking like it was supposed to
I know about that. It’s set to drill

IMG_7623.jpeg

IMG_7622.jpeg

Do they make an adapter to hold the regular chargers to the packout bases?

Top Back Refresh