What's new

Must have M-18 tools

Last Christmas there was an online deal at Home Depot for a 12ah with a free 8 for $199. Didn't buy because didn't need, might change that this year if I buy one of the 175w top off's.

Do you have any m12 batteries? You can usually get the regular m12 ratchet for 50-60 bucks as a bare tool with the free tool return thing. Its one of those things that you don't need till you have it. Just makes things go together and apart much faster.

This set regularly goes on sale for $220 and you get better value than that first kit. The Christmas/special buy tools usually are lacking the features of the regular m18 stuff and they don't even come close to the fuel stuff in my experience.

You should be able to get that kit i posted and a m18 fuel drill for similar money and have a better tools for the same outlay.

Thanks asshole, I've been wanting a ratchet and just last night I was eyeballing the hackzall so now I HAVE to buy it. 🤦
careful, the m12 hackzall has de-tabbed all of my batteries
it's a two hand tool now, one the run the trigger and the other to hold the damn battery in

careful, the m12 hackzall has de-tabbed all of my batteries
it's a two hand tool now, one the run the trigger and the other to hold the damn battery in
That sucks. I was sold on the M12 version vs M18 by a couple plumbers that use the snot out of them. They hadn't had any issues but as usual results vary. :lmao:

Plumbers are usually cutting pvc or notching a couple of 2xs out. God only knows what 486 is chopping up with his. I think it’s a pretty safe buy unless you’re going to abuse the hell out of it.

I’ve been told it’s awesome for butchering deer too. Much easier than a full size saw.
My thoughts exactly. Who knows how big of a silicone fist attachment it's had loaded on it... 😳

Just swung by homodepot to grab a 2 5.0 battery set and get a free jigsaw. They showed 47 of them in stock, unfortunately they were on the semi currently being unloaded. :lmao:. Looks like I'll grab that tomorrow.

The 12.0 battery has been 250 for a while, maybe since it was introduced. I have a 9.0 and can only see using more on chainsaw, circular saw, weedwhacker, and stuff like that. Mechanics tools I think the 12.0 would be unpleasantly unwieldy. But I don't have a 12.0 yet.

I have one 12.0 battery and the only reason I got it was the buy the 12.0 get the 8.0 free deal someone mentioned. I use it almost exclusively on my largest 1/2in impact and my shop vac. Tried it on the grinder and circular saw and it was awkward so I switched back to my 6.0 (usually) or 8.0 on them. Never bothered trying it on drills/drivers/sawzall etc. I don't have any lawn/garden tools yet but that's about the only other place in my tool lineup I would see using it.

Duane

I have one 12.0 battery and the only reason I got it was the buy the 12.0 get the 8.0 free deal someone mentioned. I use it almost exclusively on my largest 1/2in impact and my shop vac. Tried it on the grinder and circular saw and it was awkward so I switched back to my 6.0 (usually) or 8.0 on them. Never bothered trying it on drills/drivers/sawzall etc. I don't have any lawn/garden tools yet but that's about the only other place in my tool lineup I would see using it.

Duane
I have a 12.0 and my big impact is the main place it gets used too. Sometimes it makes its way onto the leaf blower or super sawzall if needed but you're right it's an unwieldily bastard.

They had a M-18 fuel 18 gauge finish nailer for $299.00…. Anyone used one…. I wanted to grab it but didn’t!!!!

For those of you looking at the m12 hackzall imo it doesn’t replace a recip saw. I have the fuel version and it works ok for cutting small thin stuff but cutting things like small limbs take forever even with a pruning blade due to the shorter stroke.

For those of you looking at the m12 hackzall imo it doesn’t replace a recip saw. I have the fuel version and it works ok for cutting small thin stuff but cutting things like small limbs take forever even with a pruning blade due to the shorter stroke.
And your nice recip saw as a pruner doesn't even begin to get in the ballpark of goodness that the Hatchet is for M12 stuff.

Plumbers are usually cutting pvc or notching a couple of 2xs out. God only knows what 486 is chopping up with his. I think it’s a pretty safe buy unless you’re going to abuse the hell out of it.
just you know, grabbing it when the corded super sawzall is actually called for
pinch the blade in a board and the whole thing rattles like mad, battery ejects, sometimes without the tabs

Mostly happens while cutting out nails from the ends of studs that I'm knocking out

just you know, grabbing it when the corded super sawzall is actually called for
pinch the blade in a board and the whole thing rattles like mad, battery ejects, sometimes without the tabs

Mostly happens while cutting out nails from the ends of studs that I'm knocking out
The M18 oscillating tool with carbide blades slices through nails faster than my super sawzall I shit you not. That tool paid for itself in 20 minutes on a remodel I did this summer. Fuck pulling nails, ziiiiiiip and they're flush with the stud, floor etc.

The M18 oscillating tool with carbide blades slices through nails faster than my super sawzall I shit you not. That tool paid for itself in 20 minutes on a remodel I did this summer. Fuck pulling nails, ziiiiiiip and they're flush with the stud, floor etc.
I have two of the M12 of that tool, much handier than I expected them to be. I had to rebuild one after using it to grind the grout out of an entire tub/shower tile surround, but for lots of little stuff that just needs small area cuts, stuff like tile work, baseboard/doorway trim fitup, electrical retrofit work, sure is handy.

Next time you have to cut nailed in studs out, try a nail embedded wood blade from Diablo.

I've just been doing the mash the sawzall blade in there and break the tank off eventually dance
I'll have to give that guy a try, I just bought the basic m12 version of the "hitachi magic saw" because I had no m18 batteries, and its not something you use all day unless you're an electrician

My battery (and tool) collection is limited, my big batteries are 4 and 9, the 9 is good on the Sawzall and the grinder, but I'd rather run even the big impact on the 4. Lawn/garden is where the big batteries IMO come into their own, I have the weedwhacker/polesaw/hedgetrimmer/edger changeable-head thing, and it takes almost all of the 9 and the 4 to weedwhack my quarter acre of suburbia, or to edge my sidewalk. A 12 would be a nice addition for me there. I'm hoping they'll black-friday a chainsaw with 2 12's combo but I have my doubts.

I quite like my M12 Fuel Hackzall - with a good blade it performs good for my needs.
Have a China Mart corded one for when I need extra power/capacity.

As for batteries I am sitting on a decent collection at the moment:

Milwaukee M18 - 4x 5AH XC and 2x 2AH

Milwaukee M12 - 1x6AH XC, 1x4AH XC, 1X3AH

DeWalt : 3x5AH and 2x1.5AH

I beat the crap out of smaller capacity batteries when we did our home remodel, bought 5AH batteries after the remodel (all while on sale just like recent purchase). Drill/Oscillating tool etc…

Haven’t needed larger capacity yet, when I go battery powered for lawnmower/weed whacker this will come into play.

M18 Sawzaw fuel is a beast. Great for landscape and constructionot. I use 9 on it

Gregj50!!!!! My friend has makita nailer, works awesome. I'm sure M18 will perform just as good.

I'll definitely be getting the 2 5.0 kit plus tool

Had the m12 fuel hackzall for 4 years and used it with the 6.0 battery.

I’ve zip tied it to a rake handle to use as a pole saw a few times but not much other abuse. No tabs broken.

Top Back Refresh