What's new

Must have M-18 tools

WTF?

degenerate at large
Member Number
Loc
Eastern, NC
Ya'll ever figure out that the battery isn't a fucking handle and stop pulling on it when the fastener is stuck, the tabs last much longer.
I‘ve broken 1x m12 battery involving a tool falling from ~ 6’ and landing on a concrete slab battery butt first. Tabs were destroyed. I’d see that as the more c.o on failure vs grabbing the tool by the butt cap.

WTF?

degenerate at large
Member Number
Loc
Eastern, NC
What kind of fucktard has the ability to make their own aluminum triple trees and the rest of the clamps for pegs and whatnot but uses a cheap bolt on pipe joint instead of TIGging the chassis or at least MIGging it? That's hacktarded on its best day.
Looks
like there’s not a single weld in the whole frame assembly... maybe that was a goal in the project.

Squamch

Canadian
Member Number
Loc
republic of Vancouver island
Ya'll ever figure out that the battery isn't a fucking handle and stop pulling on it when the fastener is stuck, the tabs last much longer.

I suppose that could be it. The one that broke on mine was when I pulled it out of the gun. I'm usually not ham fisted with tools at all, but it's possible.

Brian468

Red Skull Member
Member Number
1/4 impact driver, I use it all the time and it's good as new

WESTOF7

Fueled by hate and bacon
Member Number
Loc
Frozen Wasteland
How is 10,000 PSI from a pneumatic grease gun- if they even output that high, better than 10,000 psi from an electric one? Got I hope all those years learning to drive the train were not wasted.
10,000 psi MAX in perfect conditions with a freshly charged battery maybe vs 10,000+ psi at 100% duty cycle :homer:. You get more than 10,000 psi from the pneumatic one too just need to turn up the regulator :flipoff2:

Member Number
Loc
norcal
10,000 psi MAX in perfect conditions with a freshly charged battery maybe vs 10,000+ psi at 100% duty cycle :homer:. You get more than 10,000 psi from the pneumatic one too just need to turn up the regulator :flipoff2:
you dont need more than 10,000psi if you actually grease your shit regularly, then again if everyone did that you wouldnt have quite as much work :flipoff2:

mrblaine

Member Number
I‘ve broken 1x m12 battery involving a tool falling from ~ 6’ and landing on a concrete slab battery butt first. Tabs were destroyed. I’d see that as the more c.o on failure vs grabbing the tool by the butt cap.
I have 3 of the ratchets. They got a bit spotty on working when you squeeze the trigger. Watched the help smack the battery back in to get it working right. Then I started watching closer after seeing a few of the tabs with the sharp corner rounded off. Yep, pulling on the battery to break something loose to let the ratchet spin it out. I watched for a bit to see it was consistent. It was but isn't now.

mrblaine

Member Number
m12 sawzall says "haha brrrrrrrrr tabs go snap"
You act like I don't own 50 fucking Milwaukee battery powered tools and use them daily. I have two of those, tabs are fine.

Gots_a_sol

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Are we posting deals here too? I just skimmed the last few pages :flipoff2:

HD has a 2 pack of 5ah batteries plus a dual rapid charger for $200. The charger alone is normally $120.

ChiScouter

Member Number
I am looking for a good deal on 1 or 2 12a batteries and that M18 charger that plugs in a 12v outlet

Saloon65

Red Skull Member
Member Number
you dont need more than 10,000psi if you actually grease your shit regularly, then again if everyone did that you wouldnt have quite as much work :flipoff2:
This.. If you have actually moved the little ball sealing up the zerk in the last twenty years or so, it's really not an issue. I use the HELL out of that Milwaukee grease gun, and can actually do it in places where there simply isn't an air compressor..

mrblaine

Member Number
I am looking for a good deal on 1 or 2 12a batteries and that M18 charger that plugs in a 12v outlet
My buddy that does the Offer-up Milwaukee stuff reports that the battery market is a bit rough. His normal M18 battery value is 10 bucks an AH. He hasn't been able to get the 8, 9, and 12ah stuff for that for awhile now.

ScottRS

Not @Rockstomper today
Member Number
Loc
Firestone, CO
How's the longer-term outlook on the Fuel chainsaw?

HD has a promo through mid November for saw with a 12ah battery and a blower for $449, thinking a 16" saw is probably enough for 95% of my needs, I have no need for a blower, but thinking it's a decent deal for just the saw and battery. I keep hoping for a better (ideally saw plus 2x 12ah battery) bundle deal for Black Friday but don't know if they'll do that.

DWT

Dirty White Trash
Member Number
Loc
Eastern WA
How's the longer-term outlook on the Fuel chainsaw?

HD has a promo through mid November for saw with a 12ah battery and a blower for $449, thinking a 16" saw is probably enough for 95% of my needs, I have no need for a blower, but thinking it's a decent deal for just the saw and battery. I keep hoping for a better (ideally saw plus 2x 12ah battery) bundle deal for Black Friday but don't know if they'll do that.
The saw is good for the pruning and stump removing I've done with it. I got it with a 12mah battery and it lasts way longer than expected.

The only oddity is it wants to cut in a curve once the chain gets beat up a bit. Like it will NOT go straight but put a little English on it and it'll keep going. Not sure if it's a bar issue, a narrow chain issue or most likely a me doing something wrong issue.

The blower is sweet, you'll find stupid shit to use it for, I don't sweet anymore, shit gets blown out.

Outahand

Member Number
My chainsaw works great so far. Not too much time on it yet. Battery life is good.

Just bought the pole saw to try out.

Love the blower. Blow out the garage, blow out the cars, etc

junkytj

Sarcastic Asshole
Member Number
Loc
NW AR
The saw is good for the pruning and stump removing I've done with it. I got it with a 12mah battery and it lasts way longer than expected.

The only oddity is it wants to cut in a curve once the chain gets beat up a bit. Like it will NOT go straight but put a little English on it and it'll keep going. Not sure if it's a bar issue, a narrow chain issue or most likely a me doing something wrong issue.

The blower is sweet, you'll find stupid shit to use it for, I don't sweet anymore, shit gets blown out.
replace the chain. or learn how to sharpen it. I fyou are doing stump removal and it now cuts crooked, me thinks you clipped a rock.

Squatch

Boom motherfucker!
Member Number
Loc
The Dirty South

There's videos of them making 12kpsi.

There's no fucking air hose.

They're awesome.

We use an enerpac unit at work for hydraulically tensioned bolts. I'm going to buy the Milwaukee power pack as soon as i can catch a break on repair expenditures.

DWT

Dirty White Trash
Member Number
Loc
Eastern WA
replace the chain. or learn how to sharpen it. I fyou are doing stump removal and it now cuts crooked, me thinks you clipped a rock.
I'm sure of it. Aren't you supposed to shove the bar into the dirt at full chooch? :lmao:

I've replaced the blade twice, once I install #3 I'm taking the 2 old chains in to get sharpened. I'd buy the stuff to do it myself but for $7 each I'll pay the price.

Member Number
Loc
norcal
the bar can cause crooked cuts too, lots of people file their chains but forget that the bar can be filed too

ChiScouter

Member Number
They use standard bars and chains. For my use I find a 12 inch bar I put on it a lot handier. If I need a longer bar I will get out a gas saw. I really hope they come out with a top handle and then mine will go on craigslist.

DWT

Dirty White Trash
Member Number
Loc
Eastern WA
the bar can cause crooked cuts too, lots of people file their chains but forget that the bar can be filed too
If my bar is the problem I REALLY fucked up since I have maybe an hour on the saw. I will keep bar wear in mind though, I'd never considered that, thanks for the heads up.

Member Number
Loc
norcal
Ya, but unless the bar is made of zinc or lead, it shouldn't wear crooked for quite some time.
apparently you dont use your saw very hard :laughing: :flipoff2: i wasnt saying his problem is the bar, i said it can be the bar and everyone forgets about it, you proved that one with your smart ass reply :flipoff2: