What's new

Musk and Twitter

Imagine if he's forced to buy it and then just pulls the plug out of spite, meltdowns couldn't happen because no more twitter :lmao:
Maybe he'll go full out. "Let's full science this bitch!"

He knows what this bullshit is about.

That's a left leaning slant if I have ever read one. :lmao: It's not really a loss this happens all the time. Twitter is scared to death and now others are coming forward that they are mostly bots.

All I can say is

200.gif

No damn clue what's happening at this point, but it looks like things are getting fired up again. For those of you not on twitter - he changed his name to Naughtius Maximus today (lol),

Started the morning with some popcorn

Then calling out the stuff going on revolving around the whistleblower:

And then a few minutes ago called out Twitter and the CEO directly for suppressing his recent tweets

So what will they do when he is 'forced' to buy twitter and then fires everyone.

I wonder how much of the downfall of tesla stock is related to pressure from big business vs actually numbers, not that tesla wasn't wildly overvalued.
The biggest buy signal there is for tesla stock is a downturn.

the very thing that makes you rich makes you poor.

A friend of mine told me once that people don't have to worry about strangers... if you are gonna get murdered, it will be someone who loves you.

If you want to know who will wreck your life, it won't be pussy or some evil agent, it will be you.

I've watched people self destruct at work, ruin great careers, destroy relationships over the silliest gain.

The Tesla has not advanced like I thought it could. The Boring Company has yet to do what they promised, his space stuff seems to be going well, but the whole Joe Rogan smoking pot on the podcast, and his twitter experience makes me wonder if he is doing himself in.

If I didn't hold stock in any Musk companies, I would not invest at this point. As it is, I'm waiting and seeing and glad I was cautious about him. His personal life makes me think that the worst is ahead, and I'm sorry for that because he has done some amazing things.
Dude REALLY seems like he is on the autism spectrum (asperger's at least)

I thought I'd read that he is and he's open about it.

The Tesla has not advanced like I thought it could. The Boring Company has yet to do what they promised, his space stuff seems to be going well, but the whole Joe Rogan smoking pot on the podcast, and his twitter experience makes me wonder if he is doing himself in.

If I didn't hold stock in any Musk companies, I would not invest at this point. As it is, I'm waiting and seeing and glad I was cautious about him. His personal life makes me think that the worst is ahead, and I'm sorry for that because he has done some amazing things.
The point I was trying to make is You have an Autistic dude running a company.... if you are concerned with "the whole Joe Rogan smoking pot on the podcast" Maybe you should evaluate what is the real concern should be??

The point I was trying to make is You have an Autistic dude running a company.... if you are concerned with "the whole Joe Rogan smoking pot on the podcast" Maybe you should evaluate what is the real concern should be??

You clearly know nothing about asbergers

You clearly know nothing about asbergers
Stocks are traded off emotion today. The days of fundamentals in stock are GONE.

The CEO’s and founders’ presence has an impact on stocks.

A person with Asperger’s are perfectly fine, and smart, and whatever you have to tell yourself to feel enlightened and woke.

Yes, technically, they are better in a lot of area than a many, but to be the figurehead of a 6 Billion (with a “B” ) dollar company, and lead 10’s of thousands of people, generally takes a skill set they lack. It generally takes an ability to cue in on some social thing, an ability to relate to consumers and staff.

There is a HUGE probability they are going to say or do something that can affect the stock prices, just because they don’t pick up on the social signals.

Sorry if you think that makes me unintelligent, but it is what it is.

interesting how hard they are working to sell to him now...

I think they want to sell him it at the original offer. I’m guessing Musk wants the price lowered because a large chunk of the traffic is fake. I’m sure the board of directors is worried about claims they made to the SEC and other investors. (Including Musk) If Musk forces them to revel that they knew a third (or more) of the traffic is bots, they are in a lot of trouble. If it can be proved that the bots were created by Twitter, even more so. Of course, he loses a lot of money on his ten percent because of the likly stock drop. I think the rest of the shareholders will be suing.

Stocks are traded off emotion today. The days of fundamentals in stock are GONE.

The CEO’s and founders’ presence has an impact on stocks.

A person with Asperger’s are perfectly fine, and smart, and whatever you have to tell yourself to feel enlightened and woke.

Yes, technically, they are better in a lot of area than a many, but to be the figurehead of a 6 Billion (with a “B” ) dollar company, and lead 10’s of thousands of people, generally takes a skill set they lack. It generally takes an ability to cue in on some social thing, an ability to relate to consumers and staff.

There is a HUGE probability they are going to say or do something that can affect the stock prices, just because they don’t pick up on the social signals.

Sorry if you think that makes me unintelligent, but it is what it is.
Get the fuck out of here with that shit. You really think the person who built the company and turned himself into the richest person on the planet isn't fit to run a company because other people can't control their emotional response to him? If you vote, fucking don't.

I think they want to sell him it at the original offer. I’m guessing Musk wants the price lowered because a large chunk of the traffic is fake. I’m sure the board of directors is worried about claims they made to the SEC and other investors. (Including Musk) If Musk forces them to revel that they knew a third (or more) of the traffic is bots, they are in a lot of trouble. If it can be proved that the bots were created by Twitter, even more so. Of course, he loses a lot of money on his ten percent because of the likly stock drop. I think the rest of the shareholders will be suing.
Twitter is screwed. If the bot data was correct they wouldn't be fighting to keep it a secret.

Musk: Hey, I want to buy this car.

Twitter: Sure, its cherry, nothing wrong with it.

Musk: Can I test drive it?

Twitter: No

Musk: Can I have my mechanic look at it?

Musk: Can I look under the hood?

Musk: I don't want it then

Twitter: NOOOO you have to buy it.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit. You really think the person who built the company and turned himself into the richest person on the planet isn't fit to run a company because other people can't control their emotional response to him? If you vote, fucking don't.
You’re right

every CEO I have known (and I have known several) are on the spectrum or severely ADD. It isn't smoking pot that is a concern, and it isn't necessarily going on the Rogan show (although for the folks who are building his companies, it would be a visibility issue for sure, I lived in that world and it would be a drag for a lot of people.) but, the combo of 'smoking out' and trying so hard to be a cool kid... business wise, there are people who will quietly see it as self destructive.

People on the autism spectrum in leadership roles are not uncommon at all. I manage a large group of engineers at a large company and pretty much all of them would probably fall on the spectrum.. all.

I appreciate the advice about what I 'should' evaluate, but, like you, I've been on the rock and in that world for most of my life... that was probably not a great move on his part and, for me, a sign that he is in some sort of crisis.

I think that crisis continues... I saw the vote among twitter stockholders (which is a funny group too) and it will be interesting to see it all play out.

Autism is not a limiter for a CEO. Most of them leveraged it to get where they are.

Yes, technically, they are better in a lot of area than a many, but to be the figurehead of a 6 Billion (with a “B” ) dollar company, and lead 10’s of thousands of people, generally takes a skill set they lack.

And yet he has done it 3 times? Clearly he lacks skills!

A lot of high functioning, high performance leaders have asbergers.

And yet he has done it 3 times? Clearly he lacks skills!

A lot of high functioning, high performance leaders have asbergers.

And a LOT of CEOs or "C" suite people are clinically psychopaths. Snakes in Suits. (It's a book title)

Elon is not a Snake. He creates. The anti-thesis of destruction.

And no, not a cultist fan boi. Keeping it real.

:grinpimp:

Last edited:
And a LOT of CEOs or "C" suite people are clinically psychopaths. Snakes in Suits. (It's a book title)
Elon is not a Snake. He creates. The anti-thesis of destruction.
And no, not a cultist fan boi. Keeping it real.

:grinpimp:
If I remember right it's a solid majority, not just a lot.

Also no huge Elon fanboy, agree with him on stuff, but there's plenty I don't.

Agreed.

Two of us spoken like non billionaires who didn't revolutionize Rocketry.

Last edited:

it's just a lot and it depends upon the type of business and position is if they are successful.

If you want a 2 sided coin, you have the psychopaths and the autistic. It just depends on the type of business and the requirements of leadership at the type of person who is successful. Psychos do well where they can be used car salesmen or cheerleaders, good speakers, says all the right things and can put people at ease. They'll make decisions based on emotions and get others to do the same.

Autistic is nearly the opposite but are more pragmatic and reasoned. They think through decision backwards and forwards and try to negotiate all of aspects of the decision before it's ever made.

Top Back Refresh