What's new

Musk and Twitter

Stocks are traded off emotion today. The days of fundamentals in stock are GONE.

The CEO’s and founders’ presence has an impact on stocks.

A person with Asperger’s are perfectly fine, and smart, and whatever you have to tell yourself to feel enlightened and woke.

Yes, technically, they are better in a lot of area than a many, but to be the figurehead of a 6 Billion (with a “B” ) dollar company, and lead 10’s of thousands of people, generally takes a skill set they lack. It generally takes an ability to cue in on some social thing, an ability to relate to consumers and staff.

There is a HUGE probability they are going to say or do something that can affect the stock prices, just because they don’t pick up on the social signals.

Sorry if you think that makes me unintelligent, but it is what it is.
I don't think it makes you unintelligent at all. Anyone can start a company and grow a company. Musk is anybody. He had some capital to start with and he used his abilities to grow those companies like crazy. He is a majority stock holder in most of his companies (maybe all) and because he has had such success, people see him as a good CEO.

Of the people in those roles of companies of that size, they range in differences in personality and demeanor super widely BUT, most are clearly ADD at minimum.

You are seeing Musk do what you think is the thing to fear--> behaving recklessly. You know, it wasn't until late in his life (the last 5 years or so) that Steve Jobs STOPPED doing super reckless stuff and he became among the best managers ever, anywhere.

the stock market has ALWAYS been about emotion.. they used to just hide shit better and pretend about 'serious business' better... pretty much every 'fundamental' is arbitrary in every way.

When Musk's recklesslessness got to the level of Joe Rogan and on air blunts, I realized, uh oh, he is unraveling.

it's just a lot and it depends upon the type of business and position is if they are successful.

If you want a 2 sided coin, you have the psychopaths and the autistic. It just depends on the type of business and the requirements of leadership at the type of person who is successful. Psychos do well where they can be used car salesmen or cheerleaders, good speakers, says all the right things and can put people at ease. They'll make decisions based on emotions and get others to do the same.

Autistic is nearly the opposite but are more pragmatic and reasoned. They think through decision backwards and forwards and try to negotiate all of aspects of the decision before it's ever made.
add to the mix that asbergers seems to always have a sociopathic component to it

like it is "autism minus empathy"

it's just a lot and it depends upon the type of business and position is if they are successful.

If you want a 2 sided coin, you have the psychopaths and the autistic. It just depends on the type of business and the requirements of leadership at the type of person who is successful. Psychos do well where they can be used car salesmen or cheerleaders, good speakers, says all the right things and can put people at ease. They'll make decisions based on emotions and get others to do the same.

Autistic is nearly the opposite but are more pragmatic and reasoned. They think through decision backwards and forwards and try to negotiate all of aspects of the decision before it's ever made.
Have Asperger's, there's not a thought that goes through my head that's 1 of million thoughts about thinking something through every which way from Sunday.

add to the mix that asbergers seems to always have a sociopathic component to it

like it is "autism minus empathy"
so Conan, in the Howard books had aspergers?:dustin::dustin::dustin:

I could google Ry or David but that's cheating. Into the Purple Valley album, about 1984 or David Lindley El Rayo X of the same era. :beer:
into the purple valley was 72. I didn't google. I named my kid after Ry. In my early teens, with a large group of musicians, had mexican food with Mr. Dave on a few occasions while watching linda ronstadt make heart like a wheel.

I could google Ry or David but that's cheating. Into the Purple Valley album, about 1984 or David Lindley El Rayo X of the same era. :beer:
Fun fact, Brown Records was one of the distributors we used at the record store I worked at in HS, and Billboard had the list number wrong for a Styx, or REO, or Rush album at the time, so I ordered 50 of that hot record and got 50 El Rayo X copies. We played the shit out of that record and sold.em all to the Visalia rubes. It was a really good record, Mercury Blues and all.

Hell I think the human element is what makes Musk one of the most talked about people out there. He is literally the complete opposite of every other suit and tie CEO with a polsihed public persona to uphold. Similar to politicians who will shake hands with a practiced, plastic diplomatic smile making sure to say the "right" thing (what you want to hear) in every conversation. The fact that he never got "bigger than life" like you're supposed to as a billionaire bothers people. But at the same time, makes him relatable.

Now don't get me wrong I don't worship the dude like some, he has plenty of flaws and I agree when it gets called out. I just like to follow the latest technology in general, with specific focus on rockets so he happens to have the most cool stuff going on. And he's also transparent on the progress/evolution of tech like almost no one else is, so a lot of news on the latest upcoming tech comes straight from the horses mouth.

But it's interesting, he regretted taking Tesla public because of the boards impact on the direction and pace of the company, and hasn't taken SpaceX public for that reason (from what I last saw, doesn't plan to until the technology to get us interplanetary is fully developed and operational). So the fact that Tesla is publicly traded is the only reason that his being human (publicity stunts) have any impact on business at all. He still owns SpaceX directly (with some minority private investment), so as long as the company performs, the publics emotional opinion of him doesn't mean jack. The question is, does he ever buy Tesla back like he wanted to a couple years ago that landed him in hot water?

Hell I think the human element is what makes Musk one of the most talked about people out there. He is literally the complete opposite of every other suit and tie CEO with a polsihed public persona to uphold. Similar to politicians who will shake hands with a practiced, plastic diplomatic smile making sure to say the "right" thing (what you want to hear) in every conversation. The fact that he never got "bigger than life" like you're supposed to as a billionaire bothers people. But at the same time, makes him relatable.

Now don't get me wrong I don't worship the dude like some, he has plenty of flaws and I agree when it gets called out. I just like to follow the latest technology in general, with specific focus on rockets so he happens to have the most cool stuff going on. And he's also transparent on the progress/evolution of tech like almost no one else is, so a lot of news on the latest upcoming tech comes straight from the horses mouth.

But it's interesting, he regretted taking Tesla public because of the boards impact on the direction and pace of the company, and hasn't taken SpaceX public for that reason (from what I last saw, doesn't plan to until the technology to get us interplanetary is fully developed and operational). So the fact that Tesla is publicly traded is the only reason that his being human (publicity stunts) have any impact on business at all. He still owns SpaceX directly (with some minority private investment), so as long as the company performs, the publics emotional opinion of him doesn't mean jack. The question is, does he ever buy Tesla back like he wanted to a couple years ago that landed him in hot water?

Excellent take, and mine as well.

I follow SpaceX, and also Rocketlab. And well, other similar stuff.

But I'm biased, your analysis is pretty damn good, methinks.

:beer:

hasn't taken SpaceX public for that reason (from what I last saw, doesn't plan to until the technology to get us interplanetary is fully developed and operational)
I hope that in 200 years, he'll only be remembered as the guy who got us into space, like Columbus found America and Edison made lightbulbs.

I'm a Musk fanboy to the extent that he is getting us into space right the fuck now. This needs to happen, and NASA's been dicking around for generations.

quote-the-dinosaurs-became-extinct-because-they-didn-t-have-a-space-program-larry-niven-34-83-...jpg

Yes, technically, they are better in a lot of area than a many, but to be the figurehead of a 6 Billion (with a “B” ) dollar company, and lead 10’s of thousands of people, generally takes a skill set they lack. It generally takes an ability to cue in on some social thing, an ability to relate to consumers and staff.

Sorry if you think that makes me unintelligent, but it is what it is.

Which company of his do you think is only worth $6B? Are we talking about The Boring Co here or something? Because SpaceX and Tesla are worth far far far more than that. Just helping you out, since you're telling everyone to focus on details and not emotions.

I hope that in 200 years, he'll only be remembered as the guy who got us into space, like Columbus found America and Edison made lightbulbs.

I'm a Musk fanboy to the extent that he is getting us into space right the fuck now. This needs to happen, and NASA's been dicking around for generations.

quote-the-dinosaurs-became-extinct-because-they-didn-t-have-a-space-program-larry-niven-34-83-...jpg

Get us to the safety of space. :laughing:

Which company of his do you think is only worth $6B? Are we talking about The Boring Co here or something? Because SpaceX and Tesla are worth far far far more than that. Just helping you out, since you're telling everyone to focus on details and not emotions.
tesla sure isn't worth $6B, but it even split again the other day. I think part of the meme stock absurd valuation of that company is specifically so that musk couldn't take it private again :flipoff2:

tesla sure isn't worth $6B, but it even split again the other day. I think part of the meme stock absurd valuation of that company is specifically so that musk couldn't take it private again :flipoff2:
The company I work for is a sales and service business in central Texas, 1 out of 3 other dealers and has annual sales over 2.5 billion.
Are you saying Tesla, the number one manufacturer of government mandated electric vehicles and future power grid energy storage isn't worth 6?

The company I work for is a sales and service business in central Texas, 1 out of 3 other dealers and has annual sales over 2.5 billion.
Are you saying Tesla, the number one manufacturer of government mandated electric vehicles and future power grid energy storage isn't worth 6?
Correct, they are all out of government favors on their cars and have to second hand government money selling credits to others whi get government funds to stay afloat, and barely.

Despite being a few on the road they are a long way from productive with cars

Reactions: IGT
Correct, they are all out of government favors on their cars and have to second hand government money selling credits to others whi get government funds to stay afloat, and barely.

Despite being a few on the road they are a long way from productive with cars
Yea what did they expect, Musk told the Government they are stupid. By friendship

So all you people shitting on Musk for smoking cannabis on Rogan, would you shit in him for getting loose on whiskey as well? No? Yeah you're dumb. :laughing:
This is a weird way to proclaim your love for another man.
Tesla is worth fuckall. Once the "Big three" and the "Slant eyed cartel" start mass producing EVs their sales will crater. The company is a fucking dumpster fire and their product is insanely bad, the only selling features are they're electric cars that "kinda work" and that you literally can proclaim that you'd suck Elon off WITHOUT having to actually say it out loud by owning one.

I'm good.

And I'm pretty certain I wouldn't pass out first. :lmao:
Unless you're the son of the Yukon Cornelius mawfucka my dad told me about.... You're definitely getting a dick drawed on your forehead :flipoff2::usa:

I'll definitely eat all your food,I notice you don't question that. :laughing:

Well, this thread sure took a Deliverance turn and not that far downriver even. It all started with a simple keyboard typo "in" instead of "on"

RussM - would you shit in him for getting loose on whiskey

Strike up the banjo fellah :flipoff2:

Elon realized his fate by loosing a lawsuit with legal headaches and most likely being forced to buy Twitter compared to just going ahead and buying it. The stock jumped 16% directly after he announced the deal was back on today with his original agreement.

But it's still not worth what he agreed to pay for it. It hit around 49 today up from 42 and his agreement was 54. It's fallen a tad since the announcement.

Top Back Refresh